Hotel China Town Inn
Cheap hotel in the heart of China Town!
I stayed at the 2* Hotel China Town Inn for 5 nights in December 2005.
If you want a hotel in the heart of China Town, then you'll really appreciate the location of this hotel. It is located on the pedestrianised Jalan Petaling and as you exit the hotel from the front exit you step straight into the middle of the street market.
I paid approximately RM100 (about 15GBP / 22 Euros) per night for what was described as a "Superior Single Room".
My room, on the hotel's 5th floor, had an excellent view over the city towards the KL Tower through its small window. The room was well furnished with en-suite facilities, satellite TV, a telephone, an electric fan, 2 wardrobes, a few drawers, mirrors, plants and a map of the world on the wall. Maid service (including fresh towels) was daily.
No breakfast was included in the price, nor was it possible to purchase breakfast at the hotel.
Reception was open 24 hours, the staff were friendly and Internet access (for RM6 per hour) was available on 2 computer terminals.
Other services provided by the hotel include:
A drinking water dispenser on each floor;
Laundry/dry cleaning services;
Safe deposit boxes;
Postcards for sale in reception.
Unique Quality: China Town is right on the hotel's doorstep, Puduraya bus station is only a 5 minute walk away.
The Golden Triangle is a 15-20 minutes walk away, while the Petronas Towers are a 25-30 minute walk away.
A few negative points:
1. Despite being a superior room, the air-conditioning unit didn't work. The room therefore felt stuffy for most of the time and only really cooled down once the electric fan had been turned on for several hours.
2. While the light in the bathroom was very bright, the main light and the lamps in the bedroom were dim. With little natural light getting in through the small window, the room thus had a dark feel to it.
3. While the selection of satellite TV channels was reasonable (eg ESPN Sports, HBO Movies, CNN, Star Movies), two of the channels were dependent on what was being watched on the reception TVs. Therefore, if midway through a football match the receptionist decided to flick over to an Indian music channel, then all the TVs in the hotel would also be switched to this, which can be a little annoying!
4. Being right in the heart of China Town lost its appeal to me after a couple of days. To get to the hotel (on Jalan Petaling with its street market), you have to battle your way through the crowds of people, market stalls and persistent salesmen - a simple 100 metre journey can take nearly 10 minutes and involve a lot of elbowing people and growling at salesmen that have just asked you for the hundredth time if you want to buy some sunglasses!
A reasonable budget hotel with plenty of rooms (70 rooms) - you probably don't need to book in advance, I witnessed several people arrive without bookings and obtain a room.
Directions: On the pedestrianised Jalan Petaling in the heart of China Town. A 5 minute walk from Puduraya bus station.
Pearl of Old Klang Road
The Pearl International Hotel is strategically located midway between Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya and conveniently located in the heart of Old Klang Road commercial, banking and shopping areas. It is also close to the Commonwealth Village and within 20 minutes drive to the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park and the Mines Resort City.
This 4-star hotel has 563 rooms which are big, wide and spacious, 6 Food & Beverage outlets, elegantly designed ballroom, 18 function rooms and recreation facilities.
Among its services and facilities are:
cable TV - IDD telephone - refrigerator - tea & coffee making facilities
Conference facilities Phoenix Ballroom Function rooms (17) business centre - swimming pool - gymnasium - sauna - steambath - laundry / valet service - limousine service - shopping mall - baby sitting - doctor on call - foreign exchange - butler service
Credit Cards Accepted
American Express - Diners - MasterCard - Visa
Unique Quality: The only internatioanal standard hotel in Old Klang Road.
Directions: On Old Klang Road, on top of Pearl Point shopping complex.
Cheap Place To Stay Downtown
China Town Inn is probably the cheapest clean place to stay in KL. Located at the heart of downtown Chinatown, a double room costs us RM 100 for a night. The people running the hotel are extremely friendly. The rooms are small - but for the price, what more to expect? Also, get a windowless room as the view is hardly soemthing to write home about ... and why pay extra? Be warned that the area gets EXTREMELY noisy during the night with the night stalls ... but in some weird ways, its part of the aura ... and the hotel seems to be very soundproof.
Budget Inn in C-Town
This is a nice and clean budget inn located right in Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown. Rooms come in four catagories, hense, four different prices:
Economy: includes: single or double bed w/fan. price: RM59
Standard: same as above but w/a.c.. Price: RM79
Delux: same as above but has windows. Price: RM89
Superior: 1 single and 1 double bed without windows. Price: RM104
*extra mattress costs RM15 (approx 3.8 RM / USD or about 10 Baht / RM) and an extra person costs RM15 p/day also.
In China Town
In KL infamous night market with cheap imitation and counterfiet stuff. Lots of chinese food but must try "Air Mata Kuching" (direct translation Cat Eye Drink) just at the main junction in China Town.
Unique Quality: Heard that is good and spacious with 70rooms
Hotel China Town Inn
Hotel China Town Inn
About 15 GBP to a double room with private bathroom.
Located on Jalan Petaling in Chinatown.
- Bayan Indah
- Sarang Rooms
- Sarang Galloway Bed & Breakfast
- Junes Apartments
- Pavilion Residences Private Apartments
- MiCasa Hotel Apartments
- Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
- Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur
Nearby Hotel China Town Inn
Nearby HotelsSee all 690
Petaling Street Hotel 25 feet away
Hotel China Town 2 131 feet away
Grocer's Inn 193 feet away
Le Hotel Chinatown 225 feet away
StayOrange.com Hotel 303 feet away
Nearby AttractionsSee all 125
Chinatown - Petaling Street 0.1 miles away
Central Market 0.1 miles away
Sin Sze Si Ya Temple 0.2 miles away
Sri Mahamariamman Indian Temple 0.2 miles away
Sultan Abdul Samad Building 0.4 miles away
Hotel China Town Inn
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Hotel China Town Kuala Lumpur
Address: 52-54, Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50000, Malaysia
7 Photos of Hotel China Town InnView Professional Photos
Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum
Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.