Kuala Lumpur Hotels

Our Members Say

• stevemt profile photo stevemt
  • Reviews: 1171

Tune Hotel KLIA2: Great transit hotel at KLIA2

Great situation, very affordable, and oh so handy when you have those 5am check in's.

I am staying here twice this trip, as only one night in KL both times and very early morning check in. From the Tune hotel, you can stumble across to check in having only just got out of bed.

Another advantage was, as I arrived at 5am in the morning and check in was 2pm that day, they offered me early check in for 100RM. Cant really complain at that as all I really wanted to do was shower and curl up for a few hours before going to KL to shop.

The rooms are great considering this is a basic hotel. Functunal, basic but comftable.

No fridge, hot water jug etc, but there is an in room safe.

All linen is provided.

There is also a restaurant/bar on the property, as well as a convenience store, not to mention the supermarket, restaurants and shops at KLIA2, 5 mins walk away.

Also remember, if you are a member of air Asia's frequent club, you earn points at Tune hotels.

Location for early flights.

• Written May 11, 2015

• HebaM profile photo HebaM
  • Reviews: 175

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sunshine Bedz: GREAT LOCATION

Pros:
Bukit Bintang was where I wanted to be, so the location was perfect for me
Reasonable price
security
clean
water/coke vending machine
Free Computers & wifi
Free tea and coffee
Helpful nice staff especially Nathan & Felix who helped me with my luggage
The first two nights I stayed at 4 beds females dorm and I liked the room for it's comfy bed, cozy, quite, nice air condition and had a big window overlooking the main street, so nice view

Cons:
The hostel located at the 2nd floor and there's no elevator, so unless there's someone to help you with your heavy luggage it's gonna be a problem.
the social area is very cramped and noisy
There's no key to the room so anyone can enter esp. the cleaning guy who always barge into the dorm at anytime
They placed me on the last 2 days at 6 beds females dorm for no reasons despite my booking stated 4 beds dorm! I was very mad and disappointed. unlike the 4 beds dorm the 6 beds dorm is awful...cramped and dull the room had no window or natural light and most important no fresh air which made me feel like I was sleeping in a cage and it's next to the reception area so it's very noisy
You have to take off your shoes before entering the hostel and leave it outside
The bathroom is clean but it's far from the room so I had to pass in front of everyone every time I want to use the toilet

If it wasn't for the 6 beds dorm my experience would have been great

• Written January 16, 2015

deluxe 4 beds females dorm

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sandpiper Hotel: Worst view ever?!

Room is very cramped, and the bed rattled though was comfortable. Shower very good. Tea making facilities in room. TV had BBC news, a football channel and a film channel. Staff reasonably friendly, though with a lower grasp of English than I had expected. Wifi excellent. Breakfast - was good on the first day with a reasonable variety, so I looked forward to the second; however the only cooked vegetarian option was something best described as frozen cauliflower in slime. Tap in room not fixed properly.

The hotel is near Pudu Sentral bus station, so when you walk around in the area, you'll be accosted by cabbies or touts trying to sell you bus tickets.

The view is spectacularly awful. See last pic.

• Written January 6, 2015

Small room, Sandpiper Hotel, KL

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ibiz Hotel: "Boutique room; budget price" - well, half right

Ibiz hotel appears to be deliberately inviting a lawsuit from the Accor group. Room was small twin, but ok. Bed was very soft, which I don't care for but some people like. Shower was good, and quite large, but the sink tap wasn't fixed properly. Staff were friendly enough, but I didn't see much of them. Breakfast was terrible - seemed like leftovers from yesterday's lunch, and didn't include anything vegetarian on the second day except sliced white bread and jam. TV in room had BBC news and Malaysian channels. Hotel is 5 mins walk from the Titiwangsa LRT and monorail station. Wifi pretty poor. In short, I wouldn't stay here again.

Close to MRT.

• Written January 4, 2015

Beds, Ibiz, KL

Crossroads Hotel: Reasonable hotel near transport system

On arrival you're given a glass of grape squash - not amazing, but very cold and very welcome in the heat here. Staff are fine, rather than great. The bedroom was an ok size, and the bed was comfortable if a little short (I think it was actually wider than it was long). Tea making facilities were there too. The TV had English language film, sport and news channels as well as the usual Malaysian and Chinese channels. The shower was OK.

The hotel is situated very close to Chow Kit monorail station, a bus stop on the route to KLCC, and lots of restaurants and stalls selling inexpensive good food. No breakfast, but you can just walk outside. Excellent wifi which even worked outside the hotel.

Location.

• Written January 2, 2015

Bed, Crossroads Hotel, KL

• cal6060 profile photo cal6060
  • Reviews: 1293
The Capsule: Capsule Bed In KLIA2

In case you are transiting in KLIA 2, you can consider to use the capsule facility, including RM15 for a shower, a quick nap, internet, and etc.

It is located near the KLIA transit terminal or the KLIA2 transportation hub. You won't miss it.

Check out the website to learn more:

The Capsule

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 22, 2014

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 375

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Regalia Apartments: A View to Die For

We stayed for 6 days in Guan's 'Regalia Great Place' , and can thoroughly recommend it. Guan's apartment is on the 10th floor and provides a panoramic view of the KL skyline. It is spacious and well equipped, and though described as a studio, has a separate bedroom with a comfortable bed, and a fine view. The kitchenette is well stocked with all that is required. We bought food from stalls and reheated it in the microwave for breakfast. Bathroom is large, water pressure good and the water hot if you want. AC in both rooms kept us comfortable. There is also a remote controlled fan, and now cable TV (though we did not use it). Guan was a most welcoming and enthusiastic host, and took care to tell us how everything operated, and lots of useful information about transport and sights in KL. He was in contact often to see how we were going. And of course, there are the two magnificent pools in the complex. A perfect end to a day of sightseeing was a cooling dip in the 37th floor infinity pool, with KL spread below you. Nice after dark too with Petronas Towers shining like golden salt & pepper shakers on the horizon. The 5th floor pool is bigger, and often almost deserted. Location is great, near to Putra station on KTM (5 mins walk) and (10 mins walk by covered walkway) PWTC station on the LRT, and the Putra bus station. There is a taxi rank near Putra Station, or you can ask the security personnel to call one to the lobby. Taxis to the centre are only RM7 on the meter. Pedestrian access is through the garage! There is a little convenience store in the complex, but you will have to range further for more specialized supplies. When the Putra Mall redevelopment is complete there will be a mall within walking distance. God (and cheap and tasty) local food can be found only 15 minutes walk away in Chow Kit. We can thoroughly recommend Guan's place as a fine home away from home in KL. And that view from the pool. Wow! airbnb link

Note that one can book apartments in the Regalia Residence for marginally higher prices.

Any review of Regalia must mention the magnificent Infinity Pool on the roof of Tower Block B. Day ands night the view knocks your socks off. It is not terribly crowded either.

The 5th floor pool is quiet and very private.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written November 20, 2014

Swimming on the edge

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 375

Sama Sama Hotel: OK for an airport stay

This was our 3rd stay in this hotel, attached by skybridge to the terminal at KLIA. It went under the name Pan Pacific Hotel back in 2000, when we used it for overnight stays en route to and from Beijing. At this time we recalled that the breakfast buffet was good, and the appearance of the lobby grand. The room was just standard hotel, I could be anywhere. By the way. Reject any rooms above the disco.

This time we had a day room, courtesy of a cancelled Malaysia Airlines flight. Lobby is still grand. Room again perfectly comfortable, though the lack of milk for tea & coffee making seemed a bit impecunious. Bathroom had a bath as well as a shower. The corridors are long, and reminiscent of those in the film 'The Shining'. Don't worry though, we saw no madmen with axes.

The hotel staff are very enthusiastic with the complimentary buggies to and from the terminal. There driving style must derive from the proximity to Malaysia's Grand Prix circuit at Sepang.

Very convenient to the airport.

And you can get a fast buggy ride! Go on they want to take you!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written November 18, 2014

Standard Hotel room

• wiseman824 profile photo wiseman824
  • Reviews: 7

Swiss Hotel: Great location

This shouldn't be confused with the Swissotel chains as it's not one of them. The hotel was very basic but a great price and location. The room we had didn't have windows but we didn't see that as a problem.

It was handy for the Masjid Jamek train station and was also a short walk to Petaling Street.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Trains
  • Written February 4, 2014

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1745

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SOMERSET Serviced Residence: Impeccable Service, Exceeded our Expectations!

We enjoyed a warm welcome upon arrival. Our stay was originally for 4 nights but we extended the stay for one more before moving on to Langkawi. We were happy to hear that we are upgraded to B. The hotel was full so we made the last day’s booking through internet thinking that we would either be asked to move to another room or pay more. Neither of the two happened and this was highly appreciated. We remained in our upgraded room with no extras!

STAFF: Impeccable service -a bunch of professionals, very warm and friendly and always on hand to help with their local knowledge. They helped us choose some nice cultural and lifestyle activities which otherwise we might have missed.

LOCATION: I would say with one word “Unique” It is just a 5 minute walk from the metro station and one stop from here to the city centre and the Suria -Malaysia’s premium shopping centre which is located at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers. Besides the luxury and fashionable shops (Burberry, Cartier, Chanel, Prada, and many more, it houses also cafes, several restaurants, a 12 screen cinema, a Concert hall, the Petronas Art Gallery and a Science Discovery Centre.

RESIDENCE: The inspired residence features high quality, stylish and exceptionally appointed living spaces. Signature touches make the guest feels right at home and this is how we felt the moment we stepped through.

ROOM: We were shown to our spotlessly clean apartment on the 10th floor and the cabin boy demonstrated the use of the different facilities.
The room was spacious, very comfy with a stunning view.

The fully equipped kitchen, the separate dining and living area, the coffee/tea facilities, the washing machine, drier, toiletries, the amazing bedroom, the 2 flat screen TVs, the sofa and the massive walk in wardrobe and all other facilities were what really made the difference!

We truly felt like home away from home here. The residential-style amenities ensure warmth and comfort with attention given to detail. We felt at ease and longed to ‘return home’ after each day’s active cultural outing.

INTERNET: We could relax within the privacy of our own living space and enjoy the modern and innovative business -broadband internet services that were provided.

We had a card daily with the name of the person who was responsible for the room’s cleaning in case we needed any extras, and we were daily provided with a newspaper.

BREAKFAST: We could have our breakfast down at the small restaurant next to the hotel after showing our vouchers of course. Breakfast was fine and the people of the restaurant were nice.
Lunch was also fine –not to mention that there was a ‘take away’ and we could order anything from our apartment.
I also need to mention that after dining in the room we had all dishes washed the next day.

SWIMMING POOL: Roof top ‘infinity’ pool, is a great place to hang out, as well as the Jacuzzi and gym. It feels as if you are swimming on top of the world! The view from up here is breathtaking.

I highly recommend it and if we ever return we will certainly book here again.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written March 24, 2013

Living room

• ozpaul profile photo ozpaul
  • Reviews: 116

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandarin Oriental: Indulge yourself

Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel. Check in was efficient even though the hotel was extremely busy at the time. The room was spacious and had all the inclusions that you would normally associate with this kind of hotel. Breakfast contained a wide selection of foods – the Japanese selections were exceptional. The one thing I also liked about this hotel was the proximity to Suria KLCC – a short stroll and you were in a wonderful shopping centre. The pool area is nice – you get a great view of the city.

The pool area is very attraactive. You get a great view of the city. Breakfast contained a large selection of different styles of food.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Gay and Lesbian
  • Written January 27, 2013
Tip Photo

Bedroom in a city view room

• Decent2 profile photo Decent2
  • Reviews: 2

Concord Hotel: Nice Place to live at KL Malaysia

Hi, I will advise to stay and concord hotel in KL as it is near petronas tower. Location is ideal and hotel is great. You will be finding Buket Bintang in 10 minutes walk only which is a famous tourist place.

• Written November 21, 2012

• Decent2 profile photo Decent2
  • Reviews: 2

Concord Hotel: A Nice place to stay in KL Malaysia

Hi, I will advise to stay at concord hotel in KL as it is near petronas tower. Location is ideal and hotel is great. You will be finding Buket Bintang in 10 minutes walk only which is a famous tourist place.

Clean, excelent in service.

• Written November 21, 2012

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1746

Seri Pacific Hotel: Mass Tourism and Love of Iran is needed to stay

This is a hotel catering for mainly tourists from Iran and they are here by the hundreds, so a very interesting anthropological experience since it is their presence that you feel rather than any Malaysian one

very close to LRT PWTC station and also can reach other parts of central KL easily and also KLIA through KL sentral
large rooms somewhat faded
free wifi available in the looby and LAN connection also free in the rooms
I did not use any of the facilities as I used this hotel only to sleep during my very busy stay in Malaysia

• Written April 4, 2012

view from the room

• rev_butz profile photo rev_butz
  • Reviews: 3

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Nest @ Angsoka: No available room even I have reservation

4 days before my travel to Kuala Lumpur, I arranged my room reservation to Nest @Angsoka thru internet. The staff (name Thomas Ou, assured me the availability and given me the reservation code number. But when I arrived in their guesthouse 3am, the staff on duty inform me that they are fullybooked, I requested the staff to look in their computer system and he found out that my name is listed even my time of arrival is indicated. I argue that the purpose of room reservation is to ensure that room will be available for when I arrived.

I will not recommend this guesthouse to my fellow traveler, they didnt value their visitors/client in their guesthouse.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel