Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50088, Malaysia

Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Almireta's Profile Photo

Better hotel in town impossible!!!!

My husband wanted to stay in a Mandarin-chain hotel during our honeymoon, so I used my contacts in order to get a cheap hotel accommodation at the Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur :)

We arrived very late evening, around 23:00 and were super tired after a non-stop day! The kind front desk clerk was waiting for us and our room as well!! The room was huge with impressive views at the Petronas Towers and a tray full of fruit and 2 bottles of water. The bed was king size and super comfortable, we had a great sleep! The furniture was old fasihoned. Everything was super clean.
    Next morning we woke up seeing the Petronas Towers, a fantastic way of starting a new day!
    The breakfast was remarkable! You had all kid of food: Chinese, Indian, Occidental, Japanese, etc. We wanted to try everything since all food was delicious! All the waiters were super focusing on people and very polite.
    The concierge was super cool and help us planning all the visits, trips, etc. And got us a very nice taxi diver!
    After a day discovering the city we arrived at the room and after 5 minutes there, a hotel's worker came to the room to give us some chocolates, a bouquet for me and to prepare an awesome honeymoon-bath (you can see the pictures!!).
    The rest of nights were amazing sleeping in that super huge and comfortable bed with that unbelivable views!
    When we checked out the left the luggage at hotel and when we went back to pick the them, the concierge with a bellboy took them to the taxi.

In spite of I do not recommend to visit the city of Kuala Lumpur since, in my opinion, besides the Petronas Twin Towers, it is not ready for tourism (highways in the middle of te city, not really interesting places to visit, dirty place, taxis taking the advantage of you, etc). I really recommend this hotel!!!!

• Great

Fantastic hotel and superb service
    Getting a little old but the service makes up for it all

Pool area and gym are great
    They are redoing the bar so dont know what that will end up with but sure it will be good.

Probably the cheapest mandarin in the world?

Unique Quality: Pool, service, gym

• SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

This hotel lived up to its reputation and is one of the finest in the world. It is also very good value for such a top-end place. The service was excellent from the moment you arrive and also for special situations. Our daughter got stung by a spider, so to be safe we wanted to see a doctor. A fellow there walked us all the way through the mall next door to one doctor's office which was closed, and then to another one which was open. Only after we were waiting to see the doctor did he leave us after making sure we knew how to get back.

The staff at the breakfast buffet are the best we have experienced, bar none (including The Datai in Langkawi). I asked for HP sauce: they didn't know what it was, but came back with some nonetheless in minutes. My egg was getting cold as I waited for my toast: they offered to bring it to me when it was done.

We first stayed in an "Executive Park View" room. One problem with this hotel is that the doors to the rooms are not sound-proofed. We had two rooms neighbouring us who were very loud all night, banging doors, etc. We complained four times that night, and after discussions with management the next day, they upgraded us to a huge suite for the remainder of our stay.

Unique Quality: If you're on the right side, it has spectacular views of the Twin Towers. The service is deserving of another mention as a unique quality.

Directions: Right next to Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) park and the Petronas Twin Towers

• ITjetsetter's Profile Photo

Watching the tower's Accomodation

Good Stay, excellent service , great breakfast, beautiful city view swimming pool. Business room very well equipped.
    Rooms bit old style compared to the other hotel on the same price range in South East Asia.

Unique Quality: Location.
    Excellent service.

Directions: Petronas Tower

• Understated elegance

This is a younger cousin of the more legendary MO's elsewhere in Asia steeped in history like the ones in Hong Kong and Bangkok. It was only built in the last 15 years or so and therefore no, Somerset Maughm and Graham Greene never slept here.

Nevertheless there were the comparable accoutrements of a 5-star MO: understated Asian-influenced furnishings and decor throughout the hotel. The lobby is not grand but beautiful with pinkish marble and a nice orchid centerpiece that reminds you that you're in the tropics.

Rooms are nicely furnished with a sitting area, nice-sized desk if your work is still hopelessly stuck to you, tea/coffee facilities, fruit plate and a nice bathroom with a separate shower.

Compared to the Bangkok Peninsula or the Shangrila Horizon rooms the KL MO might be a bit shy on the luxury meter, but the impeccable service is unmistakenly MO. You're always addressed personally by your name.

One more thing, the breakfast buffet is fabulous. The Malay options are particularly good. The service, well, it's a MO. Of course it's excellent. How else would they have it?

Unique Quality: You should get one of the rooms facing the Petronas Towers.

Directions: Near the KLCC Suria subway stop

• Number 1!

This hotel was recommended by close friends who regularly travel to KL and had stayed in various hotels before finding this gem. The hotel is beautifully decorated, and very clean. Service was fantastic, the staff were extremely helpful and never made us feel like we were inconveniencing them if we had any special requests. The location of the hotel is particularly good- in the heart of KLCC and for those who love shopping, it's just a few steps from the best shopping centre in KL (Suria KLCC) and right beside the beautiful park and lake area of KLCC. So after a long day, you can go back to the hotel leave your shopping there, rest, and go back out and enjoy the local night life! Well worth every penny!

Unique Quality: Service

• leanne_pearc's Profile Photo

Mandarin Oriental

A faboulous hotel centrally located. The staff are very professional and speak excellent english. The service efficient and no problems. Truly a 5 star hotel. We had a standard room and it was decorated so well. There is a staff member at the lift to press the button for you.

The buffet breakfast is extensive and also includes waffles!

Unique Quality: The location was most likely the most unique feature. KLCC is located right next door and is open until 10pm at night....2 minute walk.

• CorruptedSanity's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Malaysia

We spent 8 nights at the MO early August 2007.

We opted for the Club rooms because firstly we had access to the club lounge where we could relax, read a book, magnificent views of KL and the Petronas Towers, plus food was served almost all the time (free), access to a pool table and several computers with internet. All the above was free. We also were eligible for free same-day cleaning of 8 articles of clothing.

Location:

Not really in the Golden Triangle area but right beside the Petronas Twin Towers and SURIA KLLL and convention center.

Service:

Simply Perfect. We were offered very large and quality umbrellas to use on the days it rained.

Room:

We stayed on the 22nd floor and enjoyed views of the Petronas and the city all day long, especially at night when it was all lit up.

Breakfast Buffet:

Super.

This is really one of the best hotels we've stayed at and we've been to the Royal Mirage in Dubai, the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.

Unique Quality: Daily flower display in room.
    Daily unique plate of fruits.

Directions: Directly beside Petronas Twin Towers, Suria KLCC, the convention center and a masjid.

• mfas2000's Profile Photo

good but i didnt find it great

We stayed 3 nights in Mandarin oriental.. location is great, in downtown next to KLCC suria and petronas tower. well connected by major transportation. Rooms are abit outdated. Gym is ok and resurant food is good. They say is its the best in KL

• cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo

Next to KLCC

I once (accidentally) stayed at the MO. The room was spacious, with vertiginous views of the neighbouring Petronas Twin Towers. Service was exceptional, as you would expect from the brand. There are several good restaurant choices within the hotel, though the lounge was somewhat disappointing and stuffy. The Japanese restaurant was good though.

Unique Quality: Great location in the heart of the city and 30 seconds walk to the PTT.

Directions: Nearest metro: KLCC.

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel in City Centre

I had a great time in this grand hotel. I find the service to be professional and friendly.

Best of all, the hotel is just next to the KLCC [Kuala Lumpur City Centre] Mall. During the day and night, I got to fully enjoy the KLCC Mall. The KLCC Mall was great & truly convenienet - there were beauty and hair saloons where I went for some pampering treatments, modern cineplexes to watch the latest movies, great restaurants to enjoy the excellent Malaysian food, lots of shops, boutiques, and department stores for great shopping, and finally, a private medical clinic for me to do my annual medical check-up.

Unique Quality: The room was posh and comfortable. The 2 double beds in the twin sharing rooms were an unexpected luxury, and the large marble bathroom was a joy for me. The swimming pool was clean and it has a nice view of the skyline since it was NOT located on the ground floor (I cannot remember what floor it was located on!).

Directions: Next to the famous Petronas Twin Towers, and KLCC

• Best value for money

We stayed at the MO end of February in a Club room (Concierge Level). The room was perfect and the hors d´oeuvres and cocktail reception every afternoon were absolutely superb. You get a limited number of items free of charge dry cleaned or washed ,which is very pleasant on a longer journey. For the price of all that luxury you will not even get a 3 star hotel in one of Europe´s bigger cities. So actually considering the price of a hotel means comparing what you get for the money. Definitely back when in KL again.

Unique Quality: What you expect from a 5 Star+ hotel: View , location,staff, rooms absolutely without fault .
    Everybody is extremely friendly in a natural way - sometimes unusaual compared to european standards .

Directions: Petronas Towers 100m ;KLCC Shopping Center and Subway 200 m

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Luxurious break from busy city explorations

Location:
    Hotel connected by a walkway to the tallest building in the world, the 88-storey Petronas Twin Towers as well as to the Suria KLCC Retail Centre. Easy access to all historic sights in town like Petaling Street (shopping), Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque, Merdeka Square (site of independence), Suria KLCC (shopping), Central Market (cultural knick-knacks and gifts for people back home), the National Museum, etc. Easy access to public transportation.

Hotel:
    Luxious 643-room hotel situated on 50 acres of landscaped gardens. Perfect for morning jog or evening stroll, without having to deal with the hustle and bustle of city life surrounding it! Pool had gorgeous view overlooking the city. Architecturally designed so that the edge of the pool (located 20 storeys up) appeared to "drop" off into the gardens below. Room we had featured breathtaking view of the Petronas Tower, with gorgeous heavy golden drapery for curtains. A study desk filled with stationary, and two sofa chairs (a one-seater and a three-seater) surrounding a coffee table covered with flowers and baskets of fruits. And the bathroom? Completely covered in marble. Marble sinks, floors, walls, with beautiful gold trimming.

Food:
    We only ate breakfast here, even though they have over 5 different restaurants to choose from. The breakfast was a continental buffet style that served not just breakfast but also lunch food, such as baked pastries, bread, cereal, cold deli cuts, cheese and crackers, fried rice, curry chicken, sushi, and more.

Service:
    Very attentive service at the front desk. Excellent poolside service (bring you iced water and warm blankets as you snooze by the pool). The spa was to die for-- I will never enjoy an aromatherapy massage the way I did here! Turn-down service in the evening was impeccable. Came each day and left chocolate on the pillow. Bathroom was cleaned daily.

Unique Quality: Stone's throw from Petronas Towers. Great view of downtown Kuala Lumpur.

Directions: Subway and Monorail Stations: 1-2 Blocks

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Great Hotel, Good Location

I've often stayed at the Mandarin Oriental whenever I am in KL on business, mainly because of it's proximity to my office. Located next to KLCC, it's convenient to do something after office hours e.g chill at one of the bars & restaurants or take a scenic walk around the park.

The nearest metro or Light Rail Transit is located in KLCC. This means you can arrive at the airport (KLIA), go on the ERL train, stop at Sentral and catch the LRT to KLCC & the hotel. Easy, especially when you want to avoid the infamous traffic jams

Unique Quality: The price has gone up since but still expected for a 5-star hotel in the region. The rooms are huge, so is the bed and has everything you need for a good night's sleep. A 50" flat screen tv + DVD player and iPod speakers are available for your entertainment.

The area around the hotel is also quite lovely, situated just next to the PETRONAS Twin Towers. If you're tired of the shiny malls and crowds, just escape to the KLCC park for some downtime.

Directions: Next to PETRONAS Twin Towers

• Blanula's Profile Photo

Mandarin Oriental - Kuala Lumpur

What a beautiful building!!!! The staff are very polite and efficient.
    We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on bed and breakfast basis. Our room was on the 16th floor overlooking the swimmingpool - it was very nicely decorated.

On our last morning, while having breakfast, we were asked if we want fruit juice. I asked for apple juice. Only after checking out we found out that we were charged for my apple juice - RM20! I think that it was the most expensive apple juice in Malaysia. I told them that we had breakfast included in our stay - but I was told that apple juice is not included. So - if you do not want to have to pay 20 riggitts for fruit juice - have orange juice - that one is included.

If I was going to KL again, I might stay at this hotel again. It is in very good location, next to the Petronas Towers and Suria shopping centre. The building is beautiful, the rooms are very nice and clean, every day you get 2 bottles of water and fruit in your room... there is loads of things nice about this hotel.

Unique Quality: The position of this hotel

Directions: next to Petronas Towers

More about Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur

KLCC Park & Mandarin Oriental HotelKLCC Park & Mandarin Oriental Hotel

View from 13th floor of Mandarin Oriental HotelView from 13th floor of Mandarin Oriental Hotel

View from my room in the Mandarin OrientalView from my room in the Mandarin Oriental

What hotel best shangri-la or mandarin oriental kl

by Tinaabd0

Which hotel is the best of the two above. Going to KL in April 06 and would appreciate anyone who has been to either of these two hotels.
Many thanks.

RE: What hotel best shangri-la or mandarin oriental kl

by sierralyndon

I've stayed at both these hotels, although a few years back. So am not too sure how much they may have changed. The Shangri-la has been there for a lot longer and has a more traditional, classic feel to it. It's got lots of lush vegetation around the pool area, so you feel like you really are in the tropics. The Mandarin Oriental is closer to the Twin Towers and I got a really great view of them from my room. If I remember correctly it is situated on a slight hill. It had a great swimming pool with a great view as well. All I can say is that you won't be disappointed in either of them if my experience is anything to go by. You might want to also check out some reviews of the hotels on tripadvisor.com. Have a great time.

RE: What hotel best shangri-la or mandarin oriental kl

by perseushermes

Pricing
Manadarin may be more expensive

Hotel Rooms
Each has its own signature. however, Mandarin rooms are new as compared to Shang. Shang had recently upgraded its rooms. Own preference

Location