Melia Kuala Lumpur

See Amenities
Mikebb's Profile Photo

Well Located Comfortable Hotel

by written on January 14, 2012

We enjoyed our 5 night stay at the Melia, our room was a good size, clean, flat screen tv, a clean bathroon, good lifts etcetc. The hotel must be 20 years old but has been maintained well.

The monorail is only 50 metres from the hotel which is a huge bonus. It links with other metro rail providing a fast but cheap method of transportation.

A good buffet breakfast was included and we also used the restaurant for dinner twice. The food and service was excellent.

A large shopping centre is opposite the hotel and has countless shops, money changer and many restaurants.

We travelled as a group of 13 and everyone was pleased with this hotel. I would think our group booking would be for a standard room.

would never consider this Hotel again!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2011

From moment of arrival when the doorman finally came out to assist with luggage and told us off for doing it ourselves, we should have known we were in for an unpleasant stay. Front counter staff very nice and polite, but upon dining at the restaurant we were shocked to see the staff pointing and laughing at us. Didnt even try to hide it. OK we are blonde and white, but didn't expect to feel so unwelcome. The Hotel info book advises that tipping is not encouraged, but we left small change and their was much laughter and guffaws. We were absolutely disgusted in the way we, the paying customers, were treated. Would NEVER return to the Melia again! Tourism is not very well accepted in KL as far as we could see. As others have stated, rooms are tired and dated.

Directions: Opposite Times Square shopping plaza.

Wireless only works in the hallway

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2011

I'll never ever recommend this hotel to others. The hotel is old & rooms are furnished with cheap outdated furniture from the 70s. Layers of dirt on the glasses. Wireless internet doesn't work in my room, put me on hold and no one at the front desk. After staying in my room trying to fix for 40 mins, they blamed it on the setting of my laptop, iphone and another smartphone. I asked for an adaptor and they dont have it. In the end, i realized that wireless only work in the hallway. Filed a complaint and get stupid official response from the general manager and from then on, my email get spam almost once a day. Stay far far away from this scary hotel!!! It's not worth the trouble.

Unique Quality: the only good thing is closed to shopping

hard bed

Directions: behind imbi plaza

Nice stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2009

It was nice place, near a monorail where it can take you around the city (Hot Spots). Nice staff and good breakfast.
Room was clean. if you goin by your self take double bed instead of king size, the king size bed will put you in smaller room than the double bed.

Unique Quality: Staff were really frindly.

Directions: Infront of Time square.

Excellent Location

by written on May 31, 2008

Upon arriving, what I noted was that the staff are not very friendly. Did not offer to take our lugages. Although we didn't have much stuff and our luggages were 2 pieces of hand carry, I have not experienced this even in a 3-star hotel.

Along the corridor, there's a weird smell (I suppose from the carpet). But this is not much of a problem as its not smelly and the corridor isn't long.

The room was nice and big (deluxe). Bed was a king size. Room, bathroom and accessories are clean, except for a stain on the carpet. Room has a safety box and iron. My room oversees the road and Times Square. Can get a little noisy if you're trying to get some sleep in the afternoon. And the pillow provided just simply isn't right for me.

The lifts are bad. The hotel was undergoing lift upgrading so its understandable if it takes a little while. But the ones with the glass panel -- the glass has so much stains, the walls at the side is totally dirty. If its meant to be a see-thru, make it a plesent sight! The lifts are also pretty small so its usually crowded.

On the last day we asked the hotel to get us a metered taxi but they said it was hard to get one at that time and provided us with a limousine instead. Charged us RM10 instead of their usual RM20. Smooth ride and the driver even waited for us as we dropped off somewhere to get some stuff.

The hotel is located right outside Imbi Station and walking distance to all malls in Bukit Bintang. Extremely good. There's also a Super Nice Coach counter located nearby if you want to book coaches to Singapore, Ipoh, etc.

Verdict: Would stay again if I can get it at the discounted rate (RM185/night) I got it for. Would try another hotel if have to pay normal rate.

Unique Quality: Excellent location!

Directions: Right outside Imbi Station

cochinjew's Profile Photo

Central but somewhat fading Hotel

by written on April 16, 2008

However you look at it, to reach KL from the western hemisphere is a rather long and tedious process, involving many changes of planes and transiting through unwelcome countries. So one looks forward to a nice hotel, and this time it was Melia, reminding me of its sister hotel in La Habana, Melia Cohiba.
The staff was somewhat tardy, obviously they are not trained well enough to the demands of the business traveller (eventhough I was not one). The bartender (a malay gentleman) was on the point of being rude when asked to prepare a drink.
Rooms were large and comfortable. the hallways show wear and tear.

Unique Quality: very centrally located.
walking distance to Low Fat (sorry Low Yat) IT shopping plaza.
right in the centre of action with lots of places to eat out.
Piano Bar with an excellent jazz/soft music ( a chinese gent), alas with a rude waiter.

Corporate rebates and FF rebates given.
There are many better hotels in the same price range in KL

liatamara's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, that you can easy to find everything

by written on February 10, 2007

You can find anything you need. The location is not too far from tourist area

Unique Quality: When you stay in Melia, you can catch the monorail from front of the hotel, so you can create your-own picnic in Kuala Lumpur with a cheap cost.

hennanights's Profile Photo

Mid range hotel

by written on May 15, 2006

We spent 4 nights at the Melia and we were quite happy. It is close the main shopping districts and right next to the aerotrain. Although the decor had seen better days the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. Our package included breakfast which was very nice.

Unique Quality: They have a pool, glass elevator, a couple of restaurants, laundry service, 24 room service, Safe deposit box , Souvenir shop, Florist, Parking, swimming pool, Health Centre, massages, sauna and a business centre....but there was never anyone in it. I would stay here again.

Directions: located in the hearth of Kuala Lumpur's "Golden Triangle", Melia Kuala Lumpur is directly opposite Times Square, right in front of monorail (Imbi) Station, close to night life, shopping centres, entertainment spots.

Smelly Roach Motel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2006

I booked a room at the Melia KL (or Sol Melia) and upon arrival, i realized my mistake. This hotel is rated as a 3-4 star and i guess that is by local standards. Because it certainly is not by European standards. It was a very old hotel (17 years old) and nothing seems to have been changed or refurbished. When we got to our room (which was 2 floors above a pumping and jamming club), we saw a roach crawling on the floor. It smelly really musty like old clothes and we requested another room. Well, they moved us 5 rooms down (...not a different floor, which may have helped...). The next morning, we proceed to the "free breakfast" that is provided. Oh my god! In all my life, i have never seen, smelled or eaten at such a disgusting place. Words can't describe the grossness of the breakfast. I feared that i would get sick and everything was swimming in oil. Needless to say, we checked out that morning and never looked back. That is until i came across more roaches in front of the hotel as i was getting into my cab. Yuck!!! I wish someone would have warned me. Try the Crowne Plaza or Istana Hotel--that's where i moved to...it is clean and ahhhhh!!!! Believe me, it's worth the extra $$ as the Melia KL isn't all that cheap to begin with.

Unique Quality: Roaches in and out of hotel
Smelly old rooms
Nasty Breakfast
Loud Club

Good 4-star central hotel

by written on August 23, 2005

This is a good hotel to stay in to explore KL. There is a monorail stop right outside, and Times Sq shopping complex is across the road. It is also round the corner from Bintang walk and the Golden Triangle. The buffet breakfast was OK, but the hotel restaurants looked awful - eat outside. Delaney's Irish restaurant around the corner at the Park Royal Hotel serves superb food.

Unique Quality: great location

Luxury and comfort in the heart of KL

by written on June 9, 2005

This is an exceptional 4 star hotel located in the heart of KL. The staff was friendly and service quick. I spent one night here after my trip to Nepal. The bed and pillows were so nice I had trouble falling asleep!

Unique Quality: There's a pool onsite, along with a Bar and two Restaurants. The health &wellness center onsite offers massages but no gym (I was disappointed when I found out I couldn't work out) The view of the Petronas towers from your room can't be beat.

Directions: Across the street from Berjaya Times Square mall.

retired_poppi's Profile Photo

Computer and broadband in some rooms

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2005

We stayed 3 nights in February 2005.

The location is great, just a few steps from the Imbi monorail station, and across the street from the 10 story Times Square mall.

There is an excellent buffet each evening, and seniors eat for half price. Saturday and Sunday there is a high tea buffet with items for every taste.

Unique Quality: Many rooms in the Melia hotel have a computer and free broadband internet connecion. There was no need to unpack our laptop. We nalso enjoyed the dvd player attached to the tv.

Directions: Imbi Skytrain station

city_guy's Profile Photo

Hotel opposite Times Square

by written on December 28, 2003

A 3-4 Star hotel, this comes with 277 rooms and is situated alongthe bust Jalan Imbi right opposite the Berjaya Times Square shopping mall. The monorail station is also located in front of this hotel.

Prices range average, but please note the festive or holiday seasons, rates increase and are usually fully booked.

Great for shoppers with a budget. Walking distance to makor shopping malls in the Golden Traingle of KL.

it is also a first class hotel with ISO9002 quality certification for excellence.

All rates, unless otherwise stated, are subject to 10% service charge and 4.5% credit card e-commerce charge.

Unique Quality:

Air Conditioning, Bar/Lounge, Coffee Shop, IDD Phone, In-Room Safe, Laundry, Mini-bar, Restaurant, Room Service, Satellite/Cable TV, Swimming Pool

Directions: Along Jalan Imbi, right in front of Berjaya Times Square.

Nearby Melia Kuala Lumpur

Melia Kuala Lumpur

• Sol Melia Kuala Lumpur
  • Kuala Lumpur Melia
  • Melia Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Address: Jalan Imbi, 16, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 55100, Malaysia

14 Photos of Melia Kuala Lumpur

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews