My Hotel @ Sentral

No. 1 Jalan Tun Sambanthan 4, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, 50470, Malaysia

My Hotel @ Sentral
AMOMA.com Agoda.com Despegar.com

• Jeanling's Profile Photo

Know which myHotel you are booked at

There are 3 MyHotel facilities around the area and they are all different (despite the fact that the front desk officer saying that they are all the same when I made my reservation over the phone!). This one is right opposite Hotel Sentral. RM20 deposit for keycard is collected upon check-in and it was refunded when the key card was returned during check out.

Although the room was not big, it was clean with good water pressure on the shower and WIFI connection was good as well. Air dryer was available upon request. And I like the way the room smell - that is, no cigarette smell!!! Probably because they were still new.

The room is not exactly cheap if you are staying solo or as a couple in one room, and it's more value for money when one opt for bigger room (Comparison: RM110 for twin/double room; RM120-RM150 for triple and family room).

I would come back to stay again if I have to come for business trip in KL.

*The same review by the same author under the user ID gardenchime is also available at Tripadvisor.com*

Unique Quality: Close to KL Sentral. Small but clean.

Directions: Just opposite of Hotel Sentral

More about My Hotel @ Sentral

Hindu Gods on one of the templesHindu Gods on one of the temples

The central market in Kuala Lumpur.The central market in Kuala Lumpur.

aussirose & VT flag KL towersaussirose & VT flag KL towers

Kuala Lumpur by Private CarKuala Lumpur by Private Car

youth hostel

Hi guys! :)
This site is sooo good! I`m delighted that you are willing to help!!! :)

I`m planning a trip to Kuching to attend the student conference. It ought to last for a month and than planning to drop by in KL for an extra week or two on my own.
Could you be so kind to lead me to some sites connected with youth hostels or some cheaper accommodation. I`ve visited the YMSA and Swiss and there are no prices given below 80 RM pp. I searched this site and other hostel sites as well, and nobody mentioned if there is needed to be the member of youth hostel or anything about the ISIC Card disscounts and its acceptibility in Malaysia.
As a student, there is a probablility...no, 100% to run out of money until my back home. Frankly, I think there is possible to get off with lower prices in the city, nearby the main ralway station for an instance.
I just need a clean & cosy place to stay, safe enough for a single female.
Any option of personal opinion is desirable! :)

Thank you! Any feedback will be helpful! :)

by JoeRizal

Hi,

There are 2 places nearby main train station to stay in KL - Hotel De Sentral and YMCA KL. Both are walking distance to train station. Check it out here :-

I think the room's rate is affordable.

Welcome to KL ! Any other question ? Feel free to ask us coz I believe VTs in KL are all helpful people :)

B J O E

RE: RE: youth hostel

Thank you Joe!
I think I`ll book YMCA, it seems decent and safe.
However, it is held by nuns! :)
Hehe

If you have any other tips & triks for students, I`m dying to hear! :)

by syasya

hv u check www.hostelworld.com? it gives better rates n reliable

RE: RE: youth hostel

thanks people!

I`ll be honored to offer tips & tricks in case your life steam ever leads you to Serbia! :)

by eugenetan

you can check out the Hostelling International (youth hostel) in KL which is quite cheap and has nice rooms. You need a HI card or purchase stamps. It is about 15-20 mins walk from the main train station.

Stopover in KL or LCCT?

by anoum

My husband and I will be flying from LCCT at 9 am on 5 Dec. Since we live in Butterworth, we plan to be in KL one day earlier. We are going down by express bus.

I would like to know if it is better to stay overnight at Hotel Sentral and then take a very early morning bus to LCCT or at Tune Hotel at LCCT itself?

What time is the first shuttle bus from KL Sentral to LCCT?

by divecat1978

Hi. There are a few bus provider in KL Sentral, e.g. Skybus, Aerobus. The earliest departure from KL Sentral is 3.00am, journey is 1 1/2 hours. You may refer to http://www.lcct.com.my/skybus.php for bus schedule for Skybus.

by anoum

I booked the bus shuttle tickets while booking my Air Asia tickets. So which bus company may that be?

by anoum

Sorry, I forgot to add thank you just now.

by rhino1975

If you have booked the tix via Air Asia, that would be Sky Bus. Its buses are red in colour.

I dont think it makes any difference whether you stay at Hotel Sentral or Tune Hotel the night before. The only thing to consider is that Tune HOtel LCCT is around 7-8 minutes walk from the Terminal itself, so it depends on the amount of luggages you are carrying. (Plus, once you arrive in LCCT, you also have to drag your luggages to the Hotel). In that regard, i will be slightly inclined towards staying at Hotel Sentral the night before and board the early morning bus (some tip, the early morning buses to LCCT are usually packed so try to come early)

by anoum

Thank you, everyone. Actually a few days after my posting, I have booked a room at Tune Hotel. The main reason is so that I don't have to worry about being delayed on the journey to the airport.

I will only have a big back pack and a day pack so luggage is no problem. I have also read that there is a shuttle van service for just RM1.00 for LCCT to Tune Hotel and vice versa.

Travel Tips for Kuala Lumpur

Need some information?

by idy

If you are using KL as a base for travelling to other parts of Malaysia and need some help as to where to go, how to get there and what to see, drop by the Malaysian Tourism Centre, which is along Jalan Ampang.

There, you will find brochures (available in several languages) on all the different Malaysian states. There is also a customer service counter there which you may approach if you need specific information or recommendations.

Within the building, there are also several cultural artifacts and artwork being exhibited, as well as some small shops selling local handiwork and products.

Maps of LCCT, KLIA & Mid Valley

by amangoo

great hints by "pgthompson"... i would also suggest u could take a taxi directly from the LCCT airport that should costs u about RM100 to Mid Valley Mall.

these are some links of location maps of these places:

LCCT - http://mapdoo.com/?id=aab126569
KLIA - http://mapdoo.com/?id=aab126570
Mid Valley Mall - http://mapdoo.com/?id=aab125542

welcome and enjoy!! :)

dine out at the hawker...

by ashford

dine out at the hawker stalls.Al fresco dining in the night time is an experience not to be missed. Take a trip to the Petronas Twin Towers-the world's tallest building.If you fancy some shopping go to the nearby Suria KLCC. hawker food,especially barbecued satay and ikan bakar (barbecued fish)

Hot sun umbrella

by l_joo

Hot sun umbrella is no doubt our Lumpurians' favourite. If any tourists come here with umbrella walking like this, we local peoples sure won't be able to tell the difference. Tourists might want to try this to disguise as a local Lumpurian, so that you can walk confidently without peoples watching you, furthermore it looks cool. Of couse you know I am talking rubbish, hahaha.

Eggs and mushrooms in many dishes

by allyson31mtim

You will find out that Malaysians are big fans of the egg and mushroom, and the put them in almost anything. Burgers from restaurants will have at least a fried egg on top, if not mushrooms. Eggs are always served at hotel breakfast. The soup of the day at Pizza Hut is always mushroom.

Comments