Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Prince Hotel KL - Central and reasonably priced

Second time in KL and we were looking for something that was a bit cheaper but still in a good spot in town.

The Prince Hotel fit the bill. Keep checking on the net and you will evenutally get a bargain. We got one on booking.com which is my favourite hotel booking site. Our stay included breakky which was nice (not as much as the Park Royal but still good) and we got a deal whereby we stayed 6 nights and paid for 4.

Make sure you check out the happy hour times at the poolside bar because if not, it can work out to be quite expensive. We would often walk up the road past the great eating place Hakka and across the road at the lights to the local store and buy our beers there.

• chocolatecake's Profile Photo

A Princess and A Prince Wedding

I went to attend my cousin sister's wedding in Jan, 2010. The bride arranged the hotel accommodation for the families of the bride from oustation as complimentary stays. She arranged 2-bed, 1-bed apartments and 1 Deluxe room for the families. The apartments and the deluxe room are furnished with bright, chic, rosy and cosy design. The kitchens in the apartments are equipped with cooking utensils, the deluxe room has a very good view of KLCC Twin Towers. The rate all includes buffet breakfast. The buffet breakfast serves Western, Chinese, Malay styles and etc etc.

The hotel is highly recommended for the people who can afford, want to enjoy some luxury shopping in Pavilion, Starhill, Bukit Bintang, and have an unforgetable night with an evening view of the glamour KLCC Twin Towers!

Unique Quality: The ball room for a wedding banguet is spacious to accommodate 300pax ++. They personalised the wedding banquet with the decoration on the stage, cup cakes and drinks at the reception area, door gifts with chocolates and flowers on the tables, with some entertainment. They have variety menus to choose for your special day, Western, Chinese, Malay, Japanese etc etc. My cousin sister's Chinese wedding 8-course dinner was uniquely designed for families and friends, I truly enjoyed the families gathering, the food and the atmosphere very much!

They are having special discount of 25% for the weekdays wedding package.

Directions: Across Conlay Road, opposite Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

• Bafelle's Profile Photo

It's the little things...

It’s the little things that make a 5 star hotel rise above the rest. This is why the Prince is 4 stars at best. I was (am) in KL for 10 days on business. My colleague was locked out of her room not once but twice. The faces on the front line staff are long and not what you expect in Malaysia. (The exception being Georgina in the Mezzanine bar who was always a delight) The bathrooms are exceptional and well appointed. The rooms…sparse, no drawers or shelves for t-shirts, socks, underwear etc, beds are very hard with thin mattresses. Despite having 6 lifts, it was not unusual to wait up to 10 minutes as clearly only two were functioning…the others probably locked for VIP’s. In a nutshell;
    • No welcoming staff
    • Basic room accommodation
    • No little extras’ like turn down or fresh fruit in the room
    • Being herded for breakfast where everything seemed prepared the night before
    • No one willing to go the “extra mile”

In summary, four stars at best

Unique Quality: Pay extra for the "tower" views you get free just outside.
    Good bathroom al though being 6ft 3...baths are always a squeeze..but a welcome addition.
    Great location 10 - 15 minutes walk from everywhere.

Directions: Pavillion Shopping Centre, Chulan Square

• One of the Best, Newest 5 Star

As a frequent traveller to KL, i find Prince hotel one of the best and highly recommend to friends and colleagues. The rooms are clean but slightly dark with not enough of lights, marble and wood bathroom comes with glass showerscreen and longbath. Facilities like the pool and gym are up to mark. Breakfast is a wonderful experience, excellent home made French croissants and pancakes. Hotel is within walking distance of Petronas Tower, convention center, Bukit Bintang and P.Ramlee nightspots.

Unique Quality: Nice bathroom

• AmsterKetti's Profile Photo

Affordable Luxury in Kuala Lumpur

I booked a car to pick me up in advance via the internet with the hotel concierge. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

I was working long days and the door staff always welcomed me back to the hotel by name. Very impressive!

For anyone looking for 5-star hospitality for 3-star prices... this is the place for you.

Unique Quality: Incredible buffet breakfast, including not only western continental style food, but also traditional Malaysian dishes. Beef Redang is a breakfast must! I know it sounds strange, but it's delicious.

A true must is one of the many incredible spa treatments available. You are greeted with tea.... and then the relaxation begins. After your treatment, sit by the pool and enjoy a refresing homemade juice.

Directions: Take the free shuttle bus to the Petronas Twin Towers..
    Standing 452m, the 88 story Petronas Twin Towers are one of the world's famous buildings and one of the city's main symbols. Only 5 minutes by car from the Prince Hotel.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

CITY COMFORT

A great hotel with lots of facilities, there is a lovely pool on the roof giving great city views, the rooms are very comfortable as are the bars and public areas, and the food is super

the hotel has a business centre with internet access, beauty parlour and spa, and all the other facilities you would expect in a 5 / 4 star hotel

Unique Quality: our stay was made really special by the staff, Hussmi and Joe on the concierge desk are the most helpful people you could ever wish for

More about Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member aussieinlondon2007

We stayed here at the end of 2004 with our two young children when the Prince had recently opened. It was fantastic value with big rooms with quality fit outs. The food on room service was simply amazing and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. I could not recommend highly enough.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member GELondon

We stayed for a couple of nights at the end of our stay in Malaysia and wished it had been longer. It was a great contrast to a small island resort. We stayed in one of the premier rooms, which was huge, with a fantastic bathroom and the most amazing semicircular window view over the KL skyline. The outside pool is on the 10th floor, which was a slightly surreal experience, but great. We also booked treatments at the spa - very relaxing.

It wasn't cheap, but good value for a real taste of luxury. I would highly recommend it.

One person can spoil the fun

by TripAdvisor Member MoniqueZAG

We stayed in Prince for 2 nights only.
Upon check- in around noon (arriving little too early) gentleman on the desk immediately tried to offer us upgrade of room for a really reasonable price.
Since we were staying for 2 nights only we told him that we appreciate it but that was planning to spend our time out of room anyway, exploring city and doing shopping.
He wasn't too happy so after it he told us that "our room is not ready anyway and we can check in at 2pm".

It was a very unpleasant situation so we went to get a cup of coffee until 2pm.

Everything else about this hotel was just great. Room is nicely equipped,lobby is stunning, the rest of staff is helpful, location is good. Food is also great and staff working there extremely helpful.

It is hard to erase that pushy gentleman at the beginning of our stay but still, we bring only good memories.

could do better

by TripAdvisor Member beijing-blue-skies

One thing you do not want after a long flight and a long drive to the hotel is problems at the check-in. Problems happen. It's a fact of life. How they are handled makes the difference.

I was told that despite the fact that my confirmation note stated I had paid for a room for 2 persons with breakfast, the 'package' only included breakfast for one. The choice was either I paid for an extra breakfast or make do with my wife staring at me from across the breakfast table whilst I stuffed my face!

There followed an exchange with the receptionist and the front desk manager which could have been better handled. Instead, we were left arguing the logic of booking a room for 2, but with breakfast for only one! Eventually they agreed to 2 breakfasts! I expected a better service from what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel.

This is a shame since the room was perfectly comfortable with a nice bathroom and a nice view of the pool - ie, with all the trapings of a 4 star hotel. Location is not too bad, within walkable distance to the Petronas Towers, but short taxi rides are still necessary to the old part fo the city and shopping areas. But taxis are readily available and cheap.

The Best Hotel I have Ever Stayed In...

by TripAdvisor Member WorldBreeze

Stayed at the Prince for two weeks whilst on a months business trip.

After becoming disatisfied with my previous hotel (Sunway Pyramid), I found an excellent rate for a "Residence Apartment" at the Prince.

On arrival, I was upgraded to a superior apartment,25 floors up, and was absolutely stunned by the room I got. The apartment was vast, immaculate and well-equipped with a huge lounge/kitchen diner and a seperate bedroom with a huge and very comfortable bed, and independent aircon in both areas. The bathroom was clean and the shower and bath excellent.

As I had to be up and about at 5.30, Room service was kind enough to bring me a takeaway breakfast to my room each moring. Room service lunch & dinner were also unbelievably good, as was the poolside bar. The staff were always friendly and attentive and always knew my name. A local taxi driver arranged by the concierge picked me up for work at 6am sharp each day at a great cheap rate and also took me to the airport.

Especially considering the price I paid (only around £860 for 15 nights), this was quite frankly the best hotel I have ever stayed at - and I have stayed at many.

Would most definitely stay here again. Full marks to the Prince!

Comments