Radius Inn International

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Cathy&Gary's Profile Photo

Radius International

The location of the Radius International Hotel in Bukit Bintang is excellent, you are surrounded by restaurants and shopping centers and it is only a 15 minute walk to Chinatown, Suria KLCC and the Petronas Towers.

We booked a Premier Executive King room for 5 nights and have no complaints regarding the room except for the filthy shower curtain that was full of mould. Everything else in the room seemed clean and was in good working order including the wifi.

However we were up on one of the high floors and have to say we were both shocked when the lift opened to pick up people on lowers floors and you could see the filthy ripped corridor carpets. Definitely not a good look.

No one helps you with your luggage on arrival and the reception staff are very sour, they really must hate their jobs, there is no smile or welcome. They do not seem interested at all even when we questioned why we did not have access to the Club Lounge when it was supposed to be included with our booking for the Premier Executive King room.

Noise was not a problem, room service was nice with reasonable prices and breakfast was adequate.

The only person that was any help at all and always had a smile was the Concierge. So I have very mixed feelings about the Radius International and am not sure if we would bother staying there again.

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Good experiance

My sister and I loved this hotel for many reasons the stuff was the friendless stuff ever very polite, helpful and smiling all the time esp., the concierge Jamil

Breakfast was amazing lots of diversity that suits everyone they can even prepare whatever you asked for;) it's like having a breakfast at 5 star restaurant

Location is great close to the shopping malls and very live at night also very safe

The room was overlooking the swimming pool which is nice; it was big with everything in it! There is a kettle with free tea and coffee but the bathroom is not that good and the bed is small and not comfy  but overall it’s a great room

The hotel organize city tour and other sightseeing, and there's a taxi stand outside the hotel

I was worried before I go due to the bad reviews but I found the opposite! so from now on I am not going to believe everything I read online and I will definitely stay at this hotel again

Unique Quality: Staff , breakfast

• Center of Shopping

The hotel had an excellent location. It was an easy walk to BB Plaza, which is a mecca for relatively cheap goods for shopping and eating of all sorts. It's very near fast food joints, restos at the mall, and there are a lot of hawkers (for the adventurous) for open air street food dining. Getting to and from the hotel was a breeze. For more upscale shopping and eating, the higher end malls are a couple of blocks down the street where one can stroll around.

The hotel had the basic amenities, although one night light wasn't working. There was also a minor incident when the power wouldn't turn on, but the hotel was able to fix a faulty connectivity so it didn't cause too much of a bother. Cable TV is not offered.

Unique Quality: The 12th floor had a pretty good view of the surrounding location.

• Not good

Last august I was there for 2 nights and the construction noises go all day from 8-5. The pool under repair. The room needs new decos, the bathroom hardwares need updated, broken tiles. Tiny 17" tv set. Old frig. Safety box didn't work, called the front desk but no one come to fix it. The breakfast was so so. I switched hotel for the last night in KL. Would not recommend.

Unique Quality: The only good thing it has to offer is walking distance to the shopping plazas.

• Radius KL - Not good for young children

Hotel staff was friendly but that's about all.

When I called to book a room, I asked specifically for a room with a fridge and kettle as I have a baby with me. They confirmed that there was. However when I reached there, I was given a room with no fridge and a kettle that was spoilt.

Called up the front desk to request to change room, they told me that I needed to top up if I wanted to change room. I insisted that I will not pay more since they promised me in the first place and eventually, they changed my room without any extra charges after waiting for more than hour and several phone calls to chase them.

To my disappointment, the room fridge is not even cold and there is no kettle. Just a thermal flask. Had to go to the lift area to refill hot water. However, thermal flask was leaking. Luckily I had one myself.

Stayed on the 9th floor but was unable to sleep till after 3am as the neighbouring clubs were very noisy. Water also not hot for bathing.

Would not recommend this hotel if you have young children. Good for budget travellers though as their location is good.

• Radius KL - Not good for young children

Hotel staff was friendly but that's about all.

Called up the front desk to request to change room, they told me that I needed to top up if I want to change room. I insisted that I will not pay more since they promised me in the first place and eventually, they changed my room without any extra charges after waiting for more than hour and several phone calls to chase them.

• henry_yan's Profile Photo

Radius Kuala Lumpur sucks big time!

I brought my family (wife + 2 kids) for a trip to KL and the Radius Kuala Lumpur is the worst possible hotel I have ever stayed in!

We asked for two rooms with a connecting door. First they said they didn't have such rooms, but we discovered there were. When we requested to change rooms, they said no go. Bad product knowledge and bad service representation.

What comes next will horrify you. There were bugs crawling about in both our rooms. It's not like the bugs are all over, but if you stay still and look carefully, you'll find one crawling on the wall, two or three in the bathroom, one on the bed (yes its true) and another on the ceiling. I kid you not! Knowing how defensive some hotels can be, I deliberately squashed a bug with one of the glasses in the bathroom, and reported it to the front desk before I left for my sightseeing trip. I hoped housekeeping would at least do something. When I came back, the bug and glass were in its exact location.

It was a good thing we stayed no more than 2 nights there. We took our insect repellent (meant for sightseeing) and pasted it on our pillows as we slept. Did we have a good night's rest? Ask me another!

So dear VTers, you have been warned about Radius KL.

• fauzie33's Profile Photo

I'll Say 3 and a half stars!

Actually, I end up at the Radius International after my attempt to put up at Melia Hotel was put off.Melia Hotel, situated just a few blocks down from Radius International, but with a lot of amenities, had only Premium rooms to offer.The rate for a Melia Hotel premium room was RM650/night, which I think is equivalent to USD200.Personally, I don't think I needed a Premium room.But anyway, I took the Radius Premium room which cost me RM300/night.I was travelling with my wife and my 7-months old kid.So guess who carried the luggages all the way to Radius International from Melia Hotel...

Radius Hotel is situated just along the heart of Bukit Bintang.My stay there was okay, if not good.No complain though...The toilet was clean.The room was neat, and staff helpful.I got the Premium room on level 17, so the view was pretty nice.I guess if you got the room at the other side, you could be facing the KL Tower.They had non-smoking and smoking room.The lifts were actually quite slow I must say.Breakfast served was good, although I had better at somewhere else before.By the way. tap water is drinkable in the hotel.

I'd recommend Radius International Hotel to those travelling on a budget, but insist on a quality hotel.No problem for those travelling with kids...Hey, I stayed there with my infant child!

Unique Quality: As mentioned, the view would be great if your room is facing the KL Tower.Other great things about Radius International is the Wi-Fi hot-spot which is in every room and around the hotel.I use my mobile phone to get connected to Wi-Fi, to check on my daily e-mails.This would be good for those who travel for business. Actually, I even surf in the bathroom, and the Wi-Fi signal was still strong.

There's also a 7-Eleven just facing the hotel.This is good if you just wanna get something in the middle of the night.And adding to that, there's one guy flipping burgers at night infront of the mentioned 7-Eleven.I've tried his burgers, and I didn't had a bad stomach the morning after...fortunately.He would be around selling burgers from 6pm till 2am in the morning.Now that's good if you're returning from a late night and heading back to the hotel.Anyway, there's a lot of restaurants serving asian cuisine around the hotel, so no worries.

Other than that, I'd say that staying at the Radius International Hotel is quite safe.

• Animas's Profile Photo

Hotel Radius

The hotel is not far from monorail ... taxi will be lined in front of the hotel but becareful to ask them using the meter. The room is clean but a little bit old. Room service was not working ( I guess ) because I called for remote control twice and 1 more time in person ... every times he said he would give it to me in 5 mins but no noe showed up at all.
    Breakfast is so so LOL
    By the way,I booked this hotel via http://www.precisionreservations.com/

Directions: 10 mins walk from "Bukit Bintang'' monorail station

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Average Business Hotel

Stayed there for one night in July 2006.

I paid smth like 65 SGD including breakfast using the site www.asiatravel.com

The hotel is ok, the rooms are standard business but lack of Intl news channels.

If you are given a room in the high floors, chance are you will have a very good view of the city.

Breakfast was ok but the hotel was very busy and the dining room was really noisy with all the arab tourist and their big young family.

Unique Quality: Location
    Ok price

Directions: Opposit Allson Genesis Hotel.
    Close to Bukit Bintang

• SecretAgent's Profile Photo

Radius International Hotel KL (Park Inn Hotel KL)

Radius International Hotel KL also formerly known as Park Inn Hotel KL is just in a cozy corner of ever busy Bukit Bintang. Good location consider its proximity to the "Food Street" Jalan Alor where you can just step out of the hotel to smell BBQ food, fried noodles, Chinese Herbal Pork Stew(Bah kut Teh) waiting for you. Just a few steps down will be the main road, Bukit Bintang where you can slip into various shopping malls or hop onto the "Coca Cola" Monorail to get to other places in KL.

The rooms are pretty fine for the price, I pay about 200rm(excluding taxes) per night for the better grade Premium room facing the city where I can see KLCC shining like 2 jewellery at night. The premium rooms and ensuites are on the top most 3 floors of the hotel, 16,17 and 18 flr. The room is reasonablely spacious with no problem of knocking onto furnitures when walking around for 2 person. Nice clean and comfortable bedding, reasonably clean bath and toilet and no traces of stale ciggie smell around. The security of the hotel is up to the standard with cameras at every corner of the corridor and key card for the room that gives additional assurances. Most of the staff I talk to during the stay are pretty helpful, polite and knowledgeable. The is a moderately sized pool on the fifth floor which can be quite useful for those who wanna take a dip anytime. The restaurant kopitiam also serve decent food althought we only ordered some finger food for take away on both occasion.

Overall, if your budget is about 200RM for per nite stay in KL, do give Radius Hotel a consideration. I am quite please without and bad experience with the hotel during my 2 night stay there.

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Near the Shopping District

Park Inn is a few blocks away from Lot 10, a well-known shopping district. From Lot 10, you can take the monorail (Bukit Bintang Station) which only goes around the shopping district.
    It's also a block away from hawker stalls which are open until midnight. You can grab a bite in those stalls just like any other local.

Unique Quality: spacious rooms and a swimming pool

• Budget Centrally Located Hotel

I stayed in this hotel simply because of its location and cheap as well. Although it doesnt have too many good reviews, it was okay if you're prepared for it. You may see the occasional small cockroach taking a stroll in your room but bathrooms are clean, beds are excellent and room service is good. Rooms need a fresh coat of paint and u carpets are stained here and there and just 10channels on TV. But if you are not spending much time in the hotel, its worth it. Complimentary Breakfast was pretty good although not much variety.

Unique Quality: The view from room, couldnt ask for more with twin towers right in front and the downtown area lit up at night. I could walk to the twin towers and bukit bintang was just a 2min walk up the street.

Directions: Down the street from Sungei Wang.

• BeeTea's Profile Photo

Radius Hotel

Clean and convenient, seems that receptionist always serve people who never stop coming (is it a favorite hotel?)
    The view is great, from my room I can see Bukit Bintang street, I think the other side can see the KL tower.

Unique Quality: There's a swimming pool but I didn't even take a look. The breakfast is standard buffet and serve some local cuisine.

Directions: About 500 m from Bukit Bintang

• Chriselle65's Profile Photo

Kuala Lumpur's Radius International Hotel

Also known as the Radius International.
    If location is important to you this is a handy place to stay. Its close to shopping centres, and tourist attractions.
    The lobby looks nice, but you have to struggle stairs or a esculator with your luggage to check in or out at the desk. The restaurant is ok and the food was nice.
    The deluxe room we had wasn't nice at all. The window can not be opened so the smell of the damp stale, hot room knocked us over each time we opened the door and had us running for the noisy airconditioner all the time. The curtains were old, faded and had stains all over them and there was a squashed insect on the wall when we arrived. The bathroom was basic but appeared clean.

Unique Quality: The only few good things I can describe about our accomodation is the check in was ok, the restaurant was ok, our bed was comfortable and the view from our room was wonderful at night but not in the day.
    The location of the hotel was good.

Directions: Near "Golden Triangle"

More about Radius Inn International

Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur

by lotus2710855

Wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel ?? What did you think ??
Not looking for anything to flash, just good location

Re: Radius International Hotel Kuala Lumpur

by pchan88ca

Yes, I stayed there. I am pretty safisfied. The room is big and clean. Location is best, situated just few minutes walk from Jalan Alor. At Jalan Alor there are lots of cheap food stalls. Otherwise, you can also get your food at Bukit Bintang. Buy your drinks at 7-11 store just beside this hotel. A 5.5 litres mineral water only cost around M$5.00.

It is also about 5 - 7 minutes from the Bukit Bintang monorail station and taxi station. Remember to take your taxis at taxi station because these taxis will only run using meters. Others may overcharge you.

Comments