Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50450, Malaysia

Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Two Star Hotel

I was booked into this hotel as part of a trade mission. The bedroom floors and bed rooms are at least five years past a refurbishment with dirty carpet, etc. There was a water leak on my corridor - instead of fixing it a duvet was thrown over it - when I left the hotel the water had been leaking at least three days and nothing had been done. I had a business meeting with a prospective customer and he complained that the reception staff had been rude. I travel extensively and this is the worst hotel that I have stayed at - definitely not five star possibly two star. It is interesting that there was no feedback form and when checking out I was not asked if the stay was pleasent.

Compared to newer, better, hotels in KL the hotel is varstly over price.

• kensu's Profile Photo

Will most certainly stay here again

Stayed here last month for 10 days in a de luxe room in the west wing and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are friendly and efficient, the facilities really good and we would definitely recommend to friends and other VT members. The rooms are huge and the beds very comfortable. I like the fact that the aircon is adjustable in room. The walk in shower is excellent, much better than climbing into the tub and if you want to pamper yourself spend some at their Manadara Spa it's heaven on earth and I was spoiled for choice when I saw all their treatments. Yes it's more expensive than BB but worth it. The fitness centre is well equipped, the changing rooms are spotless and the equipment in good condition. The pool is lovely and absolutely enormous and caters to all ages with a couple of small paddle pools for the little ones. It's surroundings are well tended and the pool bar staff really attentive. Breakfast was a buffet as usual but a much wider variety than I have seen in a long time with options for all tastes, asian and western, full on breakfasts or just continental. Its situation within KL is also good. The Bukit Nanas monorail station is literally across the street. Dang Wangi LRT is a 5 minute walk along the street in one direction, MTC 5 minutes across the street in the other direction and a 10 minute comfortable walk to Petronas Towers and KLCC- really well positioned to be convenient without being amidst the hustle and bustle of BB. All in all a really well run and comfortable establishment and I cannot fault any aspect and although I have no experience of the east wing, we will definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: Where do I begin when everything is so well maintained and attractive. I think the pool would actually be the most outstanding feature for me. It is the largest and most attractive pool I have come across at a city hotel.

• rafighi's Profile Photo

Good Location

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights, I was located in the east wing, 5th floor.
    The lobby and the staff in front desk are ok. The room was a little dirty, but with a great
    view of the pool which is in 4th floor. Ofcourse we hadn't the view of KL twin towers from our room.
    The pool is very nice surrounded by palm trees.
    The breakfast was excellent.
    The hotel is near to KL towers, Menara(Telecommunication Tower) and also monorail station
    which takes you to Bukit Bintang street.

Unique Quality: Good Breakfast
    Great Pool

• Steve_Au's Profile Photo

Great Kuala Lumpur Hotel

With about a dozen Aussie guys in KL to watch the 2009 MotoGP.
    This was a great place to stay. With nearby nightlife.
    The Mezzo bar and live night music had a relaxing atmosphere, albiet smoking permitted.
    Great concierge service.

Unique Quality: The pool was excellent.
    *Friendly guests there, I truly wish I'd got contact details to catch up, but didn't!!!
    Great bar service at the pool bar and helpful with our unique cocktail requests.
    My room had views of the three KL towers, a very memorable experience :)
    Very convenient location.

• Good hotel centrally located

I recommend Renaissance at corner of Jalan Ismail and Jalan Ampang. It's near to Petronas tower where you may do shopping and there are a lot of restaurants (muslim, indian, italian and so on. It's near to Kl tower where there is a revolving restaurant with stunning view of the town (book in advance!!!). This hotel is also near to metro station Bukit Nana. Above all the staff is efficient and helpful for reservation, taxi and so on. I chhosed a deluxe room: nice and spacious. Breackfast is good. There are a lot of restaurants very expensive. Room service is good and efficient. Fine swimming pool. Wonderful view of KL tower at night.

Unique Quality: Centrally located and next to KL tower and metro station.

Directions: Bukit Nana Forest Reserve and KL tower

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Good quality

All is under control - no surprizes.
    As a personnal comment, Renaissance Hotel is too big for me and not so nice from outside

Correct, good quality and services.
    A lot of single tourists seen with nice asian girls for the breakfeast.

Unique Quality: Nice to have a so good swiming pool

Directions: Closed from Petronas Tower and Monorail station

• Best City Pool

Stayed at Renaissance regularly. Friendly service, excellent amenities. It has a West Wing and East Wing and the East Wing is lower priced but the standard rooms do not have a bath. The hotel is under going some improvement/renovations currently.

It is in the city but not at the centre of the hustle and bustle in Bukit Bintang. It is a short hop to the monorail which will take you to Bukit Bintang. It is 5 min from Jln P Ramlee where loads of bars and clubs are located. Also 5 min walk from Zouk's and about 15 min from KLCC/Petronas Twin Towers.

I would recommend the club floor/executive rooms for those with a slightly higher budget, the cocktails in the evening provide a pleasant start to the night life nearby.

If you are a regular traveler, get to know about their wine dinners, an excellent way to sample gourmet food with fine wine at reasonable prices.

Unique Quality: The pool is about the best in KL. Olympic size, on the 4th floor and surrounded by palm trees, you would not know you are in fact in the centre of the city. Its weekend bar b q's are great too.

Ask for the twin tower view rooms to get great pics of the towers at night

Directions: corner of Jalan Ampang and Jalan Sultan Ismail

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Views A-plenty!

This is a great hotel in a very good location. Stay in the cheaper part of the hotel for great views of the Petronas Twin Towers.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for visitors to Kuala Lumpur.

Unique Quality: Great views of the Petronas Twin Towers. Good location with easy access to the monorail.

Directions: Close to Bukit Nanas monorail station.

• excelent

Excelent hotel.Rooms are very comfortable.There are slippers and nice quality shampoo .Breakfast is from 6 to 11 and has a lot of choice.Fittnes and pool are free.50 meters from the hotel is monorail -very fast transport .
    Petronas towers are 100 meters from hotel.
    Go and stay there .You will have excelent holiday

Unique Quality: pool,fittnes room

Directions: Petronas towers .Monorail stop is Bukit Nanas

• Biggest Chandaliers and close to shopping

We stayed in KL Renaissance Hotel for 2 nights in July 06 for a break in the homeward flight to Brisbane. Comfortable beds! After all the hard beds in Vietnam, these beds were a godsend! The room was average, nothing special, but comfortable. I didn't feel as welcome here as I had done in the VT Hotels but it was OK. The pool area is awesome. We spent a lot of time around the pool when we weren't shopping in Bintan or Suria or Chinatown. Great cocktails and the food was good too.

Unique Quality: The best thing about Renaissance is that it is handy to Suria, Chinatown and Bintan. Across the road is the tourist centre where we went to get info and lucked on a fabulous young dance troupe doing a selection of ethnic dances. There is also a money changer and ATM there. 100m to the right is the Light train Station where you can go to Chinatown andthe other side of the road from there is the monorail station for Bintan. Very Handy! If you go left instead, you shortly be at Suria shopping centre for more upmarket shopping. On the bottom floor as you enter is a great seafood restaurant that I can recommend for service, good cheer and price.

• Firestar24's Profile Photo

Tip of The Golden Triangle

Jonathan & I stayed here for five days and found it an excellent base for exploring KL. The reception area is huge - this hotel deserves its five stars. However, it does get very busy and this can make your stay impersonal - not that we minded - we were out after breakfast every day and didn't return before 2am! For the first couple of nights we kept losing our room - this place is a massive tower and there are six lifts operating for guests.... we spent alot of time in those lifts!

On our first night we arrived late and decided to order some room service which was fantastic and reasonably priced for a five star hotel at 3am. It only came with chopsticks though and I haven't quite got the knack yet so it was a long night! We also checked out the piano bar which is very opulent with red velvet armchairs and low lighting. The female vocalist had the voice of an angel and belted out jazz & blues to requests. The problem came when settling the bill and my bloody mary and Jonathan's lager came to RM50! That's about eight quid!!! We resolved to drink elsewhere from then on - it was a little too refined for us anyway.

We got up for breakfast every morning as it was included and I loved it! They serve every possible breakfast you can imagine buffet-style in a crowded restaurant with a smoking area (yey!). I had Nasi-Lemak one morning, chinese rice porridge the next, continental style bread, edam, smoked duck slices, brie, croissants & dates, mixed fresh fruit, and finally the good old fry-up! Malaysia just rocks for food!!!

Unique Quality: On the fourth floor of the hotel is a rooftop pool which is open quite late. They have a pool bar that serves snacks as well. It's quite a relaxing break from the bustle of KL.

In fact, this hotel has about a million different posh restaurants and bars throughout its two buildings (main hotel & New World Wing) but after our first experience of the piano bar we thought it would make economic sense to get out as much as possible!

Directions: Corner of Jalan Ampang & Jalan Sultan Ismail, near to everything!

• perseushermes's Profile Photo

The best of 2 worlds

This is a very unique hotel. There is the Renaissance Wing and there is the New World wing. Both are side to side. The Renaissance Wing (RenWing) rooms are better than the New World Wing. If you want a nice comfy room - Take the RenWing rooms. If you want simple and not fussy with the room - take the New Worlf Wing (of course it will be cheaper compared to the RenWing rooms)

Unique Quality: You have a few restaurants to cater to your palate.

There is the Tempts Coffee house which serve sumptious breakfast, lunch and dinner. The best about this restaurant is the wide array of food available from its dinner buffet.

Both the Chinese "Dynasty" Restaurant serving the chinese cruisine and the Marche Mediterranean Restaurant serving a mixture of continental food are nice but it is a bit pricey.
    The Sagano JapaneseRestaurant serves authentic Japanese food. If you are here on a Sunday, they have a one price - all you can eat Japanse Buffet.

Location wise, it is ideal if you want to enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city. Across the road is a monorail station which is convenient to hop on to get to the main area of "Bukit Bintang" - the main shopping area of the city.

Directions: Corner of Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang. Most cabs know the hotel

• Shabby at a high rate

We stayed at the new world wing. We stayed at fr 9-12 dec. 2004. We got a room with staines on the mirror. No amenities. Poor performancies from the concierge when we asked them to book a flight to KK for us. TO high price for a poor hotel experience at a bad location, we took taxis everywhere wich ads up. Eventhough the New World WIng isnt as fancy as the other wing it is very unattractive when the staff is arrogant, illbehaved, the rooms are in poor condition.

Unique Quality: There is a view of the Petronas towers from almost all rooms wich is very nice. The Chinese restaurant at the Renaissance is a very very nice treat. Sauteed lilly bulbs, delicous! Good pool area!

• samraj's Profile Photo

Superb Service

I would recommend this hotel for it's superb quality and the tour desk services. My only gripe is with the internet access which located in Pub of the Hotel, a bit noisy & expensive!
    Other than that fantastic location, quiet and really superb service

• teemsum's Profile Photo

Very Central location

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel.
    It is very central to the attractions.
    The hotel has 2 wings: the old wing & the New World wing.
    They have an onsite tailor which will custom make suits for you in 48hrs. or 24 hrs. if you're in a rush. Very reasonably priced.

The buffet has a great variety of fruits, desserts & local delicacies.

Unique Quality: There was a view of the Petronas Towers right outside my window!

More about Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur

by about2travel

Hi,
My husband and I are planning another trip to Malaysia in September. Unfortunately he became ill on our last trip so we are planning another trip to catch up on what we missed. We stayed at the Shangri La in KL in a Horizon Club room. This time around we are thinking of trying the Renaissance KL and would like any advice on whether it's worth paying the extra $45 a night to get the Club room? From what I can understand both come with buffet breakfast and since I'm not really bothered about the afternoon teas etc. is there anything else I would expect from booking a Club room as opposed to a Deluxe? Any comments re this hotel would be greatly appreciated. I wait with interest for your comments, good or bad.

RE: Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur

by KUNALSHANKER

not, much difference, except for the cocktails for 2 hours in the lounge.

Comments