NO 168 JALAN IMBI, Kuala Lumpur, MY 55100

The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• kenari's Profile Photo

It’s like a small paradise in the heart of KL.

When i need to meet my business friend or just to relax myself in kuala lumpur,ritz carlton always in my minds.located in the Bukit Bintang area providing my family with easy access to KL's upscale shopping and entertainment amenities.lOT10 bb plaza ,planet hollywood and others which fullfill our family needs

Unique Quality: all-butler hotel room which i can leave mykids without fear in the room .The hotel service is superb and the quality of the staff is outstanding.

• kenari's Profile Photo

Luxury Boutique hotel

The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur has a prime location within the heart of the capital's Golden Triangle, providing guests with easy access to KL's upscale shopping and entertainment amenities.This hotel offers each guest access to a private lounge, as well as a personal butler, 24 hours a day

• Nissanmit's Profile Photo

Butler Service even for Deluxe Rooms

Excellent hotel. It lives up to the Ritz Carlton brand. Hotel (room wing) is smaller than many other Riz Carltons around the world but still exudes similar aura.

Unique Quality: The city views are nothing to shout about as compared to some other Ritz Carltons (eg S'pore where you get a full and perfect view of S'pore's financial district- not a tree or thing out of place- even in your bed and bath tub). However, the 24 butler service, provided even for deluxe rooms, is pretty impressive. The staff are well trained, warm and personable when providing their services. They anticipate your needs and make you feel very at home. Thumbs up for that

Directions: If you are driving, please enter via Bukit Bintang (Marriott Hotel)

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

Luxury boutique hotel

We were shown to our room right away even though we arrived before ten in the morning and received also an upgrade to an executive deluxe room. A minute later our butler came in with juices and refreshing scented towels, and check-in formalities were taken care of in the comfort of our own room.

The room was beautiful and luxuriously furnished. The gleaming marble bathroom was huge with a separate bathtub and rain shower and there were plenty of fluffy white towels and toiletries. There was also a separate working/dressing area.

Breakfast was served in the beautiful Rossini’s restaurant as a buffet including everything from croissants to fresh fruits and cereals to century eggs and nasi lemak. Warm dishes like scrambled eggs were ordered separately.

But as good as it was, the Ritz is not flawless. On arrival we asked our butler to arrange us a table reservation from the fantastic restaurant Bijan for the following evening. We never had any confirmation for this reservation and in a hotel of this caliber one should not have to worry about things like that. When we arrived to Bijan (at first no one at the hotel seemed to know where it is) it seemed we didn’t have a reservation. Luckily, this wasn’t a problem. My other gripe would be that we were charged for two juices from the mini-bar which we actually hadn’t taken. We also booked our return transfer to the airport with our butler on arrival and this too was never confirmed. But when we arrived to the lobby at 5 a.m. on our day of departure, there was a hotel limo waiting for us. The hotel limo by the way, even though a bit more expensive than a regular taxi, was very convenient as the cars were modern, spacious, pleasantly air-conditioned and the drivers reliable. I also tried to book a spa treatment through the hotel website prior to our arrival, but never heard back from the hotel. In the end we had so much to do in KL that I didn’t bother with arranging a treatment while there.

Unique Quality: The hotel is connected via an air-conditioned walkway to the Starhill Gallery shopping centre, which gives convenient access to the shopping and entertainment area of Bukit Bintang.

The bed was invitingly comfortable and after a long flight it was almost impossible to drag oneself up after a quick nap. The evening turn down service was nice as they left yummy small treats with mineral water by the bed every night.

• reinansanc's Profile Photo

High End Luxury and Style

This place was amazing, personal butler who was attentive and saw to our ever need. The staff was extremely nice and always helped out.

Unique Quality: The Spa here was top notch. I had aroma therapy and it was the best massage I have ever had.

Directions: Right next to the JL Marriot right in the heart of the shopping district.

• travelm8s's Profile Photo

The perfect boutique hotel

My room at the Ritz was spacious with all the goodies to make a business stay extremely comfortable; including high speed intenet hook-up and a butler that helped unpack and especially pack prior to leaving. With the connecting passage ways between hotels, you can walk in an air-conditioned environment to get to the main road by passing through hotels. This is a fine place to stay with a good central location, walking distance from rapid transit and very close to Bhukit Bintang for great Seafood. The famous Shooks Restaurant is in this complex.

• longweekend's Profile Photo

The highlight ofour 4 week trip

Just superb ! From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave, the service just exceeds all expectations. The lobby is small, and the decor is elegant,in a kind of English country house kind of way. Spacious rooms, comfortable seating ( we had a sofa and an arm-chair with ottoman ) very nice, large marble bathrooms. Generous amenties and thick, snow-white towels. The complimentary laundry - as much as you like, ws returned with "smalls" in a wicker hamper, and other items on hangers, small things like a missing button, or fading on an item, was noted with an apology, and an offer to repair if required ! Wonderful butler service, highly trained and professional , we felt like visiting royalty. There is a lounge on the 19th floor for all hotel guests. Beautifully presented food presentations throughout the day, cocktails in the evening. Coffee, cool drinks etc. Again, the most gracious, welcoming service. I acknowledge that the buffet breakfast was not as extensive as some hotels, but the elegant, intimate restaurant and the attentive service more than make up for this.

Unique Quality: Unlike other reviewers, I enjoyed the shaded pool, it is small but big enough for laps and there is very comfortable seating. Fitness area was lovely with ladies and mens facilities - huge jacuzzi, loads of those fluffy white towels, soft music and thoughful amenties like combs, hairspray, talcum powder etc. The equipment in the gym was of a high standard with each having it's own TV mounted above it, headphones were offered as you arrived.

• Review by a OneTime.com User from Australia

This hotel is just fabulous! The service is impecable where everyone greet you by name & with a smile. The award winning Li Yen restaurant food is delicious and reasonable priced. The new Spa Village's Sensory Exploration treatment is one of its kind in Asia. I really feel rejuvenated. My butlers are very attentive and always eager to assist. The location of the hotel is great and the new link bridge connected the hotel to the Upscale Starhill Gallery and multiple restaurants Feast Village. The magic is that I can just sign my bill & charge to room. So convenience. The Club Lounge is accessable by all without a premium charge. The staffs there are very friendly and food are delicious. I really think that this is the best bargain I can find in any part of the world with 6 Star service & great price.
    last visit on August, 2005.

• black_cadillac's Profile Photo

Luxury Modern Hotel

Stayed in this hotel a few times before. The reception staff is friendly, even carried my guitar for me when the bellhop was not available.

Located behind JW Marriott Hotel and near to Dorsett Regency Hotel. Restaurants and cafes are only minutes away.

Unique Quality: Conveniently located within walking distances to the major shopping and eating areas of Kuala Lumpur.

Room rates from approximately RM250 onwards. Hotel room is nicely furnished and bathroom has separate shower and tub. Bath robe and slippers are also provided. A chocolate brownie waiting on the bedside table after every turndown is a nice surprise.

The rate is expensive but service is excellent.

• RaVenSymPhoNie's Profile Photo

Service, service, and MORE service!!!

As I have said a million times, only in Malaysia can you stay at The Ritz Carlton for under $150USD! However, the lower price is not at all reflected in the high quality of service and the luxury you feel while staying at this hotel. From the smiling, friendly staff, to large, spacious rooms, to water and a treat on your nightstand next to your turned down bed at night, this hotel is the best I have stayed in so far, and it would be hard for me to return to Malaysia and not stay there again.

Upon my arrival to the Ritz Carlton,I was greeted by a slew of hotel staff who already knew my name. I was escorted to my room by 2 staff members whose sole purpose was to make me feel welcome and explain all the amenities available to me. To follow was the valet with my luggage, and then my butler, who brought me fresh orange juice and chatted with me about my plans while in KL before explaining to me all the services that he could provide me. My favorite service was the complimentary laundry for my nice clothes. I would find them placed in my closet on hangars the next morning or sooner if I requested.

Unique Quality: I stayed in the Executive Deluxe Room, which gave me access to the RC lounge. The room was very large, and the marble bathroom was very luxurious. The bath and shower are separate, and the toilet is separated by a smoke glass door.

The Ritz Carlton lounge on the 19th floor has a great view and relaxing ambiance, and the staff provide you with refreshments, including alcohol.

The bar downstairs is great also. In the evenings, they have a very talented jazz trio.

Also of note are the complimentary in-room DSL line, and the business lounge with complimentary Internet computers.

I have had some really good inclusive breakfasts, especially in Dubai, so I can only give this hotel perhaps a 3.5 to 4 out of 5. There was a chef for made-to-order eggs, and the rest was buffet style.

The spa is associated with the famous Pangkor Laut Spa Village, and offers the same exemplary service, though it is a bit too pricey for my taste. A toenail polish change and eyebrow shaping would have cost me $75 US. The hair salon was worth the cost, as they expertly cut my African-American hair in a cool Japanese shag. Note: there is a regular pool and one a little nicer by the spa.

When going out, the staff greets you by name and gets you a taxi. After a day of shopping, you feel as if you are coming home; at least two staff members at the door to open your taxi and usher you inside, saying, "Welcome back, Miss RavenSymphoNie."

If you have a bigger bank account and don't want to go far or get wet during an afternoon shower, you can take the skywalk connecting the hotel with the luxury mall with high class stores like Dior, Vuitton, Celine, and Fendi.

The location and view is probably the only weak point of this hotel. There is much construction, which makes the view less than spectacular. This hotel is also not located near the center of town. However, there is much nearby. The Low Yat electronic shopping mall, Times Square mall and indoor amusement park, and other smaller malls & restaraunts within walking distance.

• mystrappyshoes's Profile Photo

The one and Only

Ok so after my unsatisfactory night at Marriot, we moved to Ritz. the one thing that convinced me to stay was the level of service you get, right from the door. They are really really sincere, and the staff is international (fr Japan, Africa, US, etc etc) but they all genuinely seem to want to wish you well.
    Some staff who really made my day include Sham(butler), Hesham(guy fr the spa), Vick(bell boy), Shafie(security guard who is really really nice) and this little Malay man who wears a traditional green outfit.

Unique Quality: There is a linked aircon walkway linking Ritz and Starhill (JW marriot), very convenient. Also each floor has butler service, and our butlers really made the stay special. They kept feeding us with complimentary brownies and choc biscuites (HEAVENLY!!) and helped us in more ways than one. The pool is small but deeper than marriots and more secluded as welll. COmplimentary spa services are included, and you have to try the whirlpool there.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Kuala Lumpur is a club-like boutique hotel, the first of its kind in Malaysia. It has a distinctive interior design that blends European elegance with fine Malaysian art and craftmanship. The hotel is set to become the first hotel in Malaysia to introduce an all-Butler service to all it's guest floors. It is also conveneitenly located close to the Bintang Walk area.

Unique Quality: KL's only hotel with all-Butler to all its guest.

Directions: A litle bit further from the Bintang Walk area.

• Excellent--in all regards

I've stayed in a lot of hotels after living in Asian for 14 years, but I'd have to put the Ritz KL at the top of my list. The service was perfect. Example: When I asked my butler if he had any suggestions about gay bars, he non-chalently said, "I'm straight, but let me check with someone who is gay and I'll get back to you." Sure enough in a few minutes he returned with a colleague and we had a 10 minute conversation about KL gay options. Amazing. Later than night when I returned with a new friend, no one in the lobby batted an eye. The only negative is that the pool is almost completely in the shade.

Unique Quality: The lounge on the 19th floor is always open and drinks are on the house. There was more free booze at the manager's reception. There was even someone to hook up my laptop to the internet--for not charge of course. A hot breakfast was delivered to my room on time. Once you consider that all of these kinds of things are included in the room charge, the cost is reasonable.

• Lalee's Profile Photo

Good service

Absolutely incredible. Rate included laundry, fully cooked breakfast in the restaurant or continental in the Executive Lounge, free broadband access in your room, 24 hour butler service, in room check in, access to the Executive Lounge with drinks and food for most of the day and the room amenities were fantastic - even included a loofah and bath crystals!

UPDATE - MAY 2006
    Just stayed again and laundry is no longer included. Got stung with a 400RM + laundry bill which they let me pay only half, but still! For those expecting free laundry - this no longer applies.
    Free breakfast in your room is no longer an option. You can have breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge.

Unique Quality: Staff and service rock.
    Attention to detail amazing.
    Location is close to the shops, very very important

Directions: Bukit Bintang Area - Golden Triangle
    In the heart of the shops and happening centre of Kuala Lumpur

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Free Laundry, Free Alchohol, Free Coffee

The only catch is you have to stay at the Ritz!

The best hotel in KL can sometimes be available for less than 400 Ringgit - and this, when translated into western prices is an absolute bargain.

The service levels puts the Ritz in the Five-star bracket, by providing a Butler-service in every room.

"My Man" was available 24 hours a day to provide teas/ coffee (complimentary), run baths, iron newspapers etc. He also serves an impressive breakfast in your room, whipping away large silver domes to reveal your scambled egg on toast.

There is also a "club" which provudes free drinks and snacks at various times of the day.

Unique Quality: My favourite memory was emptying the contents of our rucksacks, and after 3 weeks it was not pleasant, and getting them washed for free.

Not only were they returned but the shirts cam back as new, duly packaged with plastic and cardboard wrapping.

Directions: In the Golden Triangle -

Use the monorail station at Bintang

Comments