Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur

See Amenities
Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Just what we wanted

by written on May 30, 2010

This is an excellent hotel in pleasant location near 2 rapid transit stations. Our 27th floor room was spacious, well appointed, had a huge bath and shower room, and amazing views out of the massive windows. What it lacked in local character it made up for with friendly service and a very good restaurant. Breakfast was included and offered a wide choice of dishes, many Asian, and lots of fresh fruit. There were curry dishes, Chinese dumplings and noodles, croissants and Danish pastries, eggs, pancakes, and lots of other food. We ate dinner in the main dining room twice and would recommend the buffet, which again had a huge range of curries, Chinese and Western dishes. We normally like to stay in places with more local colour, but the "need" for air conditioning, the central location, and the reasonable prices for this level of accommodation in KL, steered us to this hotel. We booked through Hotel Club. For a short break I would recommend the Sheraton Imperial.

Vicki-Maree's Profile Photo

Noisy and getting old

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 14, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton Imperial for 3 nights as a stopover on our way back from Vietnam. This was meant to be a chance to relax but it certainly didn’t live up to 5 star expectations. Our room was your ordinary standard but they call it deluxe which was certainly a misnomer as it certainly never reached deluxe status. Some 5 star establishments have rooms that are 3 star and we felt this was more a 3 star standard. Everything was just getting old from the stained carpet to bath fittings coming out of their placings. On our first night we were woken at 5.30am from the call to prayer from the nearby mosque and we realised that was going to be a daily occurrence. No where had we read on any reviews about this early morning wake up call. After speaking to reception we were moved to a lower floor and surprise surprise it was even louder the next morning. We then spoke to the duty manager who told us that they had done everything they could do (except move us to a higher floor) and more or less, too bad. Really disappointing, 3 nights where we could have been staying at the much better located, serviced and quieter mandarin Oriental.

Directions: Too far from attractions

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Very posh hotel

by written on July 16, 2006

The Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur is one of the Luxury Collection hotels in the Starwood chain. Therefore, you will expect 5-star service and facilities. I was fortunate enough to have stayed on the executive floor with its huge rooms and bath. Everything is spelled luxury and it shows in their rooms & furnishings and of course fabulous views of the city

It is situated along Jalan Sultan Ismail, which is a bit far off from the major shopping malls or night spots but there is a nightspot called the Asean Heritage Row which is within walking distance. Otherwise, you can enjoy in the hotel's lounge and bars which is quite good.

You can either take a taxi or a monorail to the hotel. It also has a complimentary shuttle to KLCC for you your shopping trip or entertainment

elmasri's Profile Photo

5* for the price of 3*

by written on April 18, 2006

Stayed here only one night so unfortunately did not use all the facilities of the hotel. However at ?50 per night I would stay there for a week if needs be. The concierge was amazing sorted out my trip to Langkawi for the next day including flight. The waiter at the 1st floor bar let me try 3 wines before I made my selection (i'm not used to drink Chardonay from New Zealand so I asked to try and they let me). I could not be more impressed with the service.

Unique Quality: there is a spa, pool and gym, 2 bars with live bands and you can have a meal in either.

fachd's Profile Photo

One of the good hotel in Kuala Lumpur

by written on April 3, 2006

We chose the executive suite and glad we did. Everything was large. The bathroom, the very comfortable king size bed, the sitting room had a great view especially at night. It had fax machine, internet access etc. Good room service and the staff were friendly but a bit slow especially when they were busy. Well maintained pool. Everyday change of linen and towel. Allowed seven piece of laundry per person. Free alcohol and snacks in the executive lounge from 6pm with free beverage all day.

Unique Quality: Excellent buffet breakfast, so many to choose from. You can have Chinese, Malaysian or Western style breakfast.

Outstanding Quality Hotel

by written on July 18, 2004

Excellent accomodations! The bedds were solid (not a plus for sime, but great for my back!), and the bathrooms were luxurious. Included a work area for me, while my wife wqas not disturbed. Highly recommended!

Unique Quality: Great Views, although the views of the Petronas Towers are limited and were not available to us - the top floor club area made up for it!

Directions: Near the Hard Rock Cafe

Sakura_Kobe's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels in Kuala Lumpur

by written on August 2, 2003

I like its colonial style and chic interior, particularly beautiful curve of spiral staircase at the lobby floor, which is the highlight of this hotel. When you wind up a flight of stairs, you will find a bar lounge or cafe restaurant or others. Everything is luxurious and is arranged perfectly. I liked the club lounged, which is the exclusive lounge for the guests of club floors. I found most of the guests are business person from abroad. It opens late at night, so I could spend comfortable and quiet night there. I liked friendly and modest service too. Then I stayed at least one hour every day. My room, No.3014, had nice view and was spacey. It had a large window from which I could see KL Tower. When I asked a housekeeper to clean my white jacket by a memo in a piece of paper. They had done very well. Hotel staff learned high quality service and you are supposed to pay for that, of course. I recommend this hotel for matured persons.

Nearby Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur

• Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur
  • Sheraton Kuala Lumpur
  • Kuala Lumpur Sheraton

Address: Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50250, Malaysia

11 Photos of Sheraton Imperial Hotel Kuala Lumpur

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews