Sungei Wang Hotel

Sungei Wang Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• meetengtan230565's Profile Photo

Good location and friendly staff

We stay in this hotel for 4 days , this hotel just after renovation, The major shopping and eating outlets within walking distance, Monorail station few step from hotel. Staff are friendly & helpful.

Unique Quality: Good location and friendly staff.

Directions: bukit bintang Kuala Lumpur

• dessyclarissa's Profile Photo

uhm....it's ok

the man who kept our luggage when we left the hotel very kind person. they also helpful for us...very thanks for him....the hotel is not bad...there's no bed bug, the room was clean enough, avaiable for hot water and you can find for food very easily at Jalan Alor..... nice

• Real run down, bed bugs infested accommodation

This is not only a real run down budget accommodation, wat with badly torn, worn out filthy bath towels fit for washing cars. the beds are infested with BED BUGsssssss n we got bitten all over our bodies with ALL REDDDDDD weals during the nite. the whole hotel aircon system heavily stink n stench of cigarette smoke the overnite we were staying, sleeping n breathing in a cancer club environment. guests must be SMOKING away in their rooms n even in the smoky hotel lobby ! And for RM138 stay for a room with windows view facing the main road of jalan bukit bintang ! Tis is a cheat OFF accommodation, unfitting even for a backpack, stay away ALL wary travellers.

• Friendly , Good service and clean

We are an elderly couple and recently had the opportunity to stay at the sungei wang hotel in Bukit Bintang kuala Lumpur.Before check in at the reception,option were given if we like to have a look at the room first.Eventhough its not 5 star status , room service available if needed and the bellboy always willing and able. we found the staff very helpful and a delight to talk too. No ploblem with getting the extra towels,tea bag and laundry.we also discovered not only the warm and friendliness of the hotel staff but also its regular guest who some have been a frequent visitor for the last 20 years.making friends is easy as we all feel at home.
    The room was very clean and well equipped.The hotel is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur busiest shopping mall and entertainment distict.Bintang walk Road is famous for BB plaza,Sungei Wang,Time square ,Lot 10 ,nightlife,restaurants and markets. Taxis are out at the front of hotel all the time to take you anywhere and other Transportation service such as KL Monorail are just within walking distance.
    The Hotel rate here is considered to be a Budget residence and is opened for you to check in 24 hours a day.if you arrive late at night in to KL , no problem you're welcome.

• cyrret80's Profile Photo

Bad service and response.

So far i'm not yet stay at this Sungei Wang Hotel but just only on booking period gives me very unsatisfy on their guest or customer service response.

Unique Quality: Very bad image give me while on booking period. Response very very slow. After booking no reservation number given. It only be given after many time's request.

During the cancelation it takes 2 weeks to refund back my money after more than 100 sms sent to the person on duty call Terry at Sungei Wang hotel. Reason for the cancelation which i saw the information by Alvis with header "Thieving Scum" so i immediately ask for the cancelation for my own safety. The guest support person "Terry" keeps on postpone the cancelation till giving reason he not see his boss and need to see his boss to get the confirmation. I believe that the confirmation for my cancelation can done by calling his boss's contactable number to confirm it. After 1 week means on the 2nd week from that day i start request for cancelation the only he(Terry) sms me ask for my bank acc number. After sent him then the next day i verify with him on the bank in status he said didn't received any sms about my bank acc number but then he didn't sms me again until i sms him again around noon then he reply say no received. Luckily full refund on the amount i paid.

After received back back full amount, i found out from the Central Booking Office that the email address which i communicate with is not the Sungei Wang Hotel's email address. The wrong Sungei Wang Hotel email address which confirmed by Central booking Office is wrong is "swhhtl@tm.net.my". Please becareful. Hope this info will be seen by everyone. Thank you.

• alvis's Profile Photo

Thieving Scum

Sungei Wang Hotel is in the heart of the golden triangle, close to Bukit Bintang LRT (monorail) and directly across from BB plaza. It is on the Bukit Bintang Road.

I have stayed in 3 different hotels in this area all within a 30 metre walk. Out of the 3 this hotel was the most expensive (around 120RM). It was also by far the worst for the money. I was put on the 7th floor of the hotel which did not have a lift reaching it (only goes to 6th floor). This also meant that the gears of the lift were on our floor and throughout the night we were woken by the noises of gears. We also had to pay extra for the 2nd night because it was a weekend night.

From the moment I entered the hotel the staff did not seem friendly and almost sneaky. The night before I was leaving I had packed away my Thai money in my wallet (Thailand was our next stop) and packed it into my laptop bag. The next morning the bellboy came for the bags and took them downstairs in the lift while we got the rest of the bags. When I opened my wallet on the plane I found all the money had gone aswell as my British money I had kept there. The bellboy had swiped it on the way down on the lift. There was probably over $120 stolen and I did not notice till I was out of the country. What really pissed me off was that I actually tipped the guy on the way out the door.

I would avoid this hotel like the plague.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

Affordable hotel in the heart of Bukit Bintang

Unique Quality: Sungei Wang Hotel is an affordable yet comfortable two star budget hotel in the Bukit Bintang area.

Located in at the main road of Jalan Bukit Bintang, the hotel has been around for more than 20 years; as old as the Sungei Wang Plaza shopping mall in the vicinity - one of the major shopping mall in Bukit Bintang area.

As an old hotel, the facilities and furniture/fittings of the hotel are quite out dated, but it still conveneince and comfoortable to stay in the hotel.

Directions: Located on the main road of Jalan Bukit Bintang, close to the shopping malls and hawkers area of Jalan Alor (which is at the back of the hotel)

Comments