62 Jalan Sultan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, 50000, Malaysia

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• GitaP's Profile Photo

Chinatown Central

The room we booked turned out to have no windows so we upgraded for a not much larger room with a window! Its a bland hotel but for the price not a bad deal at all. The best aspect of the hotel is its location right on the main drag in Chinatown with its chaotic markets, 100's of street eateries and not far from the metro station. We stayed four days and the room was perfectly fine for our needs - clean bathroom with shower and nothing beats a hot bath after endless tramping around KL. Book your rooms via bookings.com or agoda for the best prices.

Unique Quality: Location location location

Directions: Middle of Chinatown

• bonio's Profile Photo

Swiss Inn

Good location for us, just on the edge of Chinatown and close to public transport. Comfortable room, breakfast included in the good prices and friendly, helpful staff. Just the type of place the Bonio's enjoy - recommended.

Directions: Pasar Seni on the PUTRA line is close by.

• maztek's Profile Photo

Well Located Comfortable Hotel

A very comfortable and balanced hotel in China Town Area. House keeping is very very satisfactory. Which i did not find even in 4-5 star. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Breakfast is most balanced and selected. You find this hotel very homely and don't get bored at any time because of its location. Net cafe are cheap located nearby.

Unique Quality: The most attractive thing in a hotel is that how well you are being attended: which you find in this hotel. The tour desk is manned by Mr Eeswara of FMT who is very helpful to guide you whenever requested.

• allyson31mtim's Profile Photo

Mixed feelings about Swiss Inn

I stayed at the Swiss Inn June 2007. It is cheap, but clean. It's easy to get to once you know where it is. The train station is very close and so it makes it easy to get in and out of this area. However, a few things I experienced. I requested a nonsmoking room because I am highly allergic to smoke. I was put on a smoking floor and didn't notice the smoke until the middle of the night when it came billowing through the a/c duct. I had a room on the 3rd floor and it was sooooooooooo noisy! There was something in the wall that made noise every 20-30 mins. My neighbors were loud and i even had them knocking on my door in the middle of the night! I finally couldn't take it anymore and I asked for another room. I got a nonsmoking room but had to give up my queen size bed for 2 twins. Hmm A little uncomfortable for my fiance and I. When you take a shower, the water goes everywhere! They only give you two towels and you have to use one for the floor. Oh, and it's not easy to get new towels. They immediately want the old ones back. If you do not like to be in crowds or around a lot of traffic, this isn't the place to stay. It's right in the middle of Peddling Street and is full of shopping stalls. There is plenty of food to choose from at breakfast. Some are local dishes but there is also "western" style food available. I didn't have a problem with the food, but my fiance swears he got sick from eating rice there one day. With all this said, how much can you expect from a hotel you only paid $36/ night with breakfast for 2? There are nicer hotels in Masjid Jamek area usually at a lower price.

Unique Quality: easy to get in and out of once you know how to get to hotel
    near train station
    food stalls everywhere
    most rooms do not have windows
    layout is untraditonal

Directions: Chinatown

• apang7's Profile Photo

2-star in central China Town, Kuala Lumpur

It is a walking distance from the inter-state bus terminal in kuala lumpur. Located in a busy Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur but it is near to all amenities, restaurant etc. It is recommended for traveller with USD30-35 budget twin sharing room per night.

Unique Quality: No pool, no view, moderate room with limited cable tv, toilet n shower. Clean

Directions: Look for Nando's restaurant near Pudu Raya bus station, turn left if you are from Pudu Raya bus station, it is about 100m ahead.

• femaleTurista's Profile Photo

Swiss Inn is okay EXCEPT for the location

we stayed here based on budget and the tips of fellow travelers that this inn has the best location esp for shopping. well guess what, though the inn was okay, the location was NOT!!! first, the inn is in the middle of chinatown. always crowded. the taxi driver we hailed said this is not a safe place since a lot of pickpockets or drug addicts are common. we decided to have a look at it coz we just can't change into another hotel since we've already paid online. as ive said the hotel accomodation was okay and yes they do have a small toilet and bath. floor gets wet after taking a bath. no exhaust fan to dry it off. no bath robes, complimentary shampoo/conditioner. just nice beds, aircon, buffet breakfast (veggie rice, breads, eggs, sausage, chicken curry, fruits, juice, coffee). i do not recommend staying here if you have a few more dollars to spare for a nicer location in a hotel along bukit bintang. chinatown is crowded and crazy with pirated goods from clothes, shoes, bags. good for around 2 hour walk and see (buy souvenirs here coz it's cheaper) and nice & cheap dinner along the street. after that just head for the central market and bukit bintang malls for cheap and convenient shopping. the friendly taxi driver said it's more expensive to shop in chinatown than the malls. he said the locals don't shop there only the tourists. merchants will sell items 3x the price to tourists. these are fake items with unknown quality. i guess he's right coz our country also has malls selling china made items and these are much cheaper compared to the same items we saw in KL chnatown. even if you haggle or bargain they are still many times more expensive. in short: go to chinatown for souvenir items like keychains, magnets, etc and for dinner, then STAY in bukit bintang for your accomodation and more shopping.

• Value for money

The hotel condition is nice, and the room is quite nice. We are staying in Standard room, which is RM105 ( USD29.50 ) inclusive of breakfast, I think it is value for money. The location is quite convenient, just located in the heart of China Town.

• traveller0070's Profile Photo

Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur

hotel is near Bus terminal Pudu raya and walking distance to Bt Bintang. All buses will stop at pudu raya, coming and to all parts of malaysia including Genting and also busese from Singapore. Reasonable price for the hotel and the standard room is also quite spacious.

• Among the better Accomodations in ChinaTown, KL

It is a quaint and comfortable place to stay. The restaurant serves a variety of food. I was given one hour of Internet access. I would recommend this Inn to others.
    However, I suspect the bed and pillows have not be sunned. I noticed bed buds in the pillows. These things do bite.

Unique Quality: It is a short distance from the main Bus station of Puduraya.
    By the LRT, the nearest is called Pasir Seni.

• I won't be back here

Since I arrived late at night, I randomly picked a hotel for my first night in Kuala Lumpur. I picked wrong. The room was ancient and stunk. The hair dryer was broken. The toilet didn't work properly, and had to be manually filled after each use.
    I'm not turned off by older hotels, but the room at the Swiss Inn was filthy. The room smelled strongly of mildew. The sheets obviously hadn't been changed since the last occupants, as I found hair and dirt in the bed. What more, the bed springs were starting to poke through the mattress.
    What was worse, I paid the equivalent of 37USD to stay here for one night. I wish I had stay at a $10 hostel instead.
    I do not recommend this hotel.

• freshia's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation

I was looking for budget accomodation which can be accesed easily by MRT. I found the hotel via KL Hotel website
    The Hotel was easy to find, it's in the Petailing street, KL Chinatown
    Room is small but clean and bathroom (only has shower and WC is tiny
    They provide breakfast which was okay though standard.

• mansionion's Profile Photo

Swiss-Inn Chinatown, KL

The 110-room Swiss-Inn Kuala Lumpur is located in the colorful neighbourhood of Chinatown (Petaling Street) which is every bargain-hunters' haven. All its 110 rooms are decorated in soft pastel shades lending to a cosy and warm ambience. Each room is equipped with standard contemporary amenities to ensure great comfort and convenience.

As the hotel is located within Chinatown itself, its patrons could experience the splendour of Chinatown when they stay here. Petaling Street, with its exhilarating night bazaars offering an assortment of merchandise, from branded watches to traditional herbal medicine, is guaranteed to thrill first-time visitors.

For the budget traveller, the Puduraya and Klang Bus Station nearby provides an affordable means of transportation to visit other parts of Malaysia. The hotel is also close to the LRT and Monorail stations in its vicinity.

Facilities and services provided by the hotel are:

Room Facilities
    colour TV with in-house movies - IDD telephone - electronic room lock - minibar (Deluxe rooms) - hair dryer (except Standard rooms)

Dining:

The Cafe Petaling serves Asian and Western cuisine.

The Terrace is a sidewalk cafe offers light meals and beverages.

The Monte Carlo is a watering hole for tired souls, it serves beverages and light refreshments.

Credit Cards Accepted
    American Express - Diners - MasterCard - Visa - JCB

Unique Quality: The best hotel in KL's Chinatown.

Directions: Right in the heart of Chinatown.

• sha08ron's Profile Photo

Swiss Inn

Located right in the heart of Chinatown with stalls right at the doorstep. Clean rooms with basic amenities, enough for travellers who need just a cosy place to rest.

Very friendly and helpful staff. I left my shirt in the room only to find out when I reached home. The staff actually kept the shirt for me until my friend picked it up for me.

Unique Quality: Being in Chinatown, we have easy access to local food and stalls. Never hungry in the middle of the night!

Directions: Chinatown

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Swiss Inn

This hotel is in the centre of China Town, the back entrance leads you straight into the night market. It is also close to the railway station and KL's main bus terminals.
    The rooms are very tastefully decorated with a double bed. I think there may have been a fridge as well. There is a nice bar downstairs and breakfast is included.

Directions: China Town

More about Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur

help to reach SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR from KL airporrt

by prsampath

HAI FRIENDS
pl inform how to get trrain or bus to reach the hotel " SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR "
from KL AIRPORT..would like to avoid TAXI coz of its cost
thanks for help
prs

Re: help to reach SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR from KL airporrt

by worldkiwi

There is an airport bus that costs about RM25. It will take you to any major hotel in KL. There is a change just outside the city centre to mini-buses. It's a good reliable service and I use it each time I'm in KL.

Re: Re: help to reach SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR from KL airporrt

by mansionion

I suggest you take the airport train (KLIA Express) frm the airport to KL Sentral station, then you have to transit to Putraline LRT (another trainline ) to Pasar Seni station which is just one station away frm KL Sentral station. Swiss Inn Kuala Lumpur is in the Chinatown area which is walking distance frm the Pasar Seni station.
-m-

Re: help to reach SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR from KL airporrt

by wufei

option 1 : Take ERL to KL Sentral (RM 35) then taxi to hotel (approx. RM 2+)

option 2 : Shuttle bus from KLIA to Chan Sow Lin (STAR LRT Station) I have no idea whether the shuttle bus will be going to KL Sentral or not. Then taxi to hotel.

Suggestion : If more than two people and lots of luggage. Budgeted taxi from KLIA is much cheaper..

Re: Re: help to reach SWISS INN KUALA LUMPUR from KL airporrt

by worldkiwi

The only problem with these two suggestions is that you have to muck around getting between forms of transport. Why not have a bus take you to the door of your hotel? The airport bus will do just that. You won't have to lug luggage around the streets or climb the stairs/esculator to the train LRT platform! Make life easy I say! :) Enjoy KL... Malaysia is a very friendly country and great to visit!

Comments