Huvahendu Island, , 20077
Booking.com Agoda.com Hotelsclick.com

More about Lily Beach Resort & Spa

Love Lily Beach!

by TripAdvisor Member chez1981

Went to lily Beach as part of a 2 centre honeymoon. From the moment we set foot on the island til the second we departed, it was paradise.
The resort is nothing flashy, but very pretty and clean. the rooms are basic, but so very clean and the room boys are in 2 times a day to clean and make the bed (sometimes wit flowers into a sculpture!). Do not pay extra for a water bungalow, you get bitten more and the other side of the island is warmer and there is not any sand next to the water bungalows. If you go with hayes and jarvis opt for the flight upgrade soooo worth it!
The beach is breathtaking, turquise sea and white fine sand.
Food lovely although all buffet so can lose its appeal after a few days, but they do a different theme each night over a 2 week period! Go fishing as they cook your catch and serve to you at dinner!
Like to say hello and love to Carli and James and Chris and Debs wh all got married on the 9th of Sept and honeymooned at Lily Beach!
Finally would go back to Maldives but would go for a 5 star and the touch of luxury next time, but lily is lovely and would reccommend to any one!
Chez x

Great all inclusive value

by becks5000 about Lily Beach

20 mins on a Seaplane to get here from Male and situated in the Ari Atoll. We stayed in a water bungalow which is well worth it. They're part on land, part over water so very quiet. Had a look at the superior rooms and they seemed fine too, but a little smaller. There's one restaurant and one pool bar so if you're all inclusive and miss breakfast as too zonked out to make it in time (like we were most days) then you can get snacks at the pool. Food was excellent. We managed to have dinner on the beach three times in the week we were there which was very romantic and highly recommended. The snorkling is great and the house reef is really easy to get to as very close to the shore and hardly any coral to climb over. They hand rear sea turtles there so you can go and see them being fed and cleaned (with a toothbrush - v cute!) and swim right up to their pen. They're released when old enough and one is obviously home sick as keeps coming back which is great as you can swim alongside him. Not divers but managed to see huge variety of fish while snorkling.

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member Caz&Jim

Went to Lily Beach for our honeymoon as it was recommended by a friend. Never been the Maldives before, and we were not disappointed.
Lily beach was like heaven on earth and we had arrived in paradise. The staff where the friendliest people we had ever met and nothing was to much trouble for them. We meet some great people that we still keep in touch with and are definatly planning trip back next year.
Would recommend to anyone to go and experience Lily Beach you will not want to come home.
Our advise is go and book it and dont miss out.

a little bit of heaven

by TripAdvisor Member pusserette

We were married in August and were very excited about our honemoon in the Maldives, we have both travelled extensively but never to the maldives so it seemed like a perfect destination for a romantic start to our married life........
After a very long tiring journey we arrived at Male airport and was swiftly transfered to the sea plane port and it was there that our amazing journey started.
The flight to Lily beach was exciting although a little noisy (ear plugs supplied.). the views were spectacular and words can not describe how we felt on our first sight of Lily beach.
We were greeted with a lovely flower necklace a nice cold face cloth and a refreshing fruit cocktail. After checking in we were taken to our room (301) which was very clean and spacious and cold It Was Heaven........
We enjoyed every part of the island esecially the turtle farm and the feeding of the fish every night (9pm).
the snorkelling was amazing especially around the turtle farm at feeding time my husband enjoyed many diving trips whilst i had to entertain myself at the massage spa... AGAIN HEAVEN
one of my favourite evenings was our honeymoon dinner compliments of Lily Beach ....we were taken to a private location on the beach and served with a three course meal by candlelight
under the stars only to return to our room to find it completly decorated with flowers and wine and fruit..Again Heaven
I could go on for ever ,the staff were great ,food was great ,beach pool great. The wall around the island may look ugly at first sight but it is a great place to see the fish if you are new to snorkelling like i was, and after the first day we did not even notice the wall.
WE LOVED LILY BEACH AND WILL RETURN .

Paradise Found!

by TripAdvisor Member Sissy2708

We stayed at Lily Beach in February 2006, with two friends, after having visited 4 other islands in previous years and loved it so much we have booked to go back in 2007. We could not fault anything. We just felt so comfortable as soon as we arrived.

Yes it is small, yes there is not a lot to do except swim. sunbathe or read, but that is what the Maldives is all about - relaxation! And boy did we relax. Loved the food, plenty of it. Nothing is too much trouble and we found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Evenings spent playng cards or talking to other holiday makers. We are even meeting up with a couple we met last year and this will be their third time there. It is a lovely place and I can't wait to get back there! If you do go, try the night fishing trip. So much fun and they cook your catch for you the next evening!

Great place, good value and very relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Ritchard

Just returned from a week holiday at Lily Beach which I booked two weeks before departure [19th - 27th Jan]. From reading the reviews I kept an open mind. Being quoted as one of the largest islands I had visions of a resort packed with people and no room to move. Quite the opposite - it’s an Oasis in the middle of the Indian Ocean! We flew with Sri Lankan Airlines and if you have the option I'd choose another airline, even if it means a stopover enroute - the MOST uncomfortable seats and ridiculously small amount of leg room for a TWELVE hour flight. We booked a superior room which was above average standard, reasonably sized and cleaned twice a day. Only a few paces to the beach which was perfect. You can walk round the entire island in 15 minutes and whilst there are around 200 people seated during mealtimes, you would be hard pushed to see more than 10 people at a time on the beach. We chose All Inclusive having read the various reports about the expense of buying your own meals and drinks. The "local" drinks are non branded spirits and cheap wine [which you can tolerate with the branded mixers!]. You have the option to buy your own - average bottle of wine is USD$20, Tattinger champagne is around USD$70 - reasonable considering the location and venue - and there were cheaper alternatives. If you are thinking of taking your own alcohol to the Maldives - be warned, all luggage is screened on arrival and our champagne was confiscated and given back to us on departure I would still recommend All Inclusive if you have the option. I was sceptical about the Hi-De-Hi factor of mealtimes - same seat and regimented times to eat - whilst there was an element of this, there is a certain amount of elegance which made it seem different - I imagine this is inherent with going to stay anywhere where you are marooned in the middle of the ocean! Meals were of a good standard and variety. The sand around the main complex is raked twice a day and the place looked stunning. I would definitely recommend Lily Beach to anyone who wants a peaceful holiday, good food, clean accommodation and friendly staff.

First time in the Maldives - simply fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member AilishTwo

Flew Emirates via Dubai from London on Christmas eve lunchtime - Emirates are simply the best airline to fly with. Next time will go direct to Dubai from Glasgow though. Flights were trouble free.

Major reason for going to Lily beach was the seaplane flight and it was brilliant and very easy. The views were just stunning, and the crew great and wonderfully informal.

First view of Lily beach half a mile away from the small, bouncing wooden seaplane platform on a brilliantly sunny Christmas morning was just stunning. The short boat trip on the incredibly blue sea was a great introduction. We were met with a garland, given a welcome cocktail and shown to our rooms. We were a party of two adults and two teenage children.

The rooms were beautifully cool, comfortable and spotless though the furnishings were simple. The outside bathroom worked extremely well. Throughout our stay the rooms were kept spotless. Thoughtful things like the footwash at the verandah to remove sand made life very easy.

As it was Christmas and New Year, the hotel went to extraordinary lengths to decorate festively throughout and make those who celebrate Christmas welcome.

The hotel guests were a wide mixture from all over Europe, and a number were from Oz too.The staff were charming, courteous and extremely helpful everywhere. In the dining room, Ibrahim, who looked after us at our table was simply the best - attentive and amusing.

The food was varied and plentiful and I am pleased to say not very British. There was a wide variety of food theme nights from all over the world. Underlying most of it was Maldivian cooking tastes. I left heavier than I arrived! The highlight was the simply fantastic New year buffet which had to be seen (and tasted) to be believed.

The snorkelling and diving are simply stunning - the best I have seen. The drop-off from the house reef is only 20 yards from the shore and the fish life is breathtaking as is the coral. With the breakwater round most of the island, less able swimmers can enjoy the fish and coral just a few yards from the shore in perfect safety. Look out for quite a strong current running down the shore though. I recommend the dive school absolutely if you want to dive..

The children spent most of their time in and around the hotel swimming pool/bar restaurant which was spotless. They found plenty to do - tennis, gym, pool, turtles - and made many friends right away. Not a single "I'm bored" during the entire week - a record.

The 9.0pm feeding of the rays from the jetty is not to be missed under any circumstances. The variety and number of fish that suddenly appear is amazing. The turtle sanctuary is also not to be missed.

A visit to the neighbouring Muslim island was fascinating and a good place to buy souvenirs as sales directly benefit the local community.

There were no bugs or flying beasties. The whole island is kept swept and immaculately tidy.

The hotel has a wonderful relaxed feeling from the moment you step ashore and a continually welcoming atmosphere. Our shoes came off when we arrived and only went on again to step on the seaplane. What the upgrade planned for 2008 will do to the atmosphere remains to be seen though.

We can not wait to go back

Tim

Lily Beach Resort..

by sahlenare

" The bartenders"

Our sweet bartenders, who was telling us about the romantic night...

" At the bar"

Waiting for Ibrahim to pick us up

" Dessert "

Our dessert the night..

" Foooooooood "

All that yummy food! I truly was in PARADISE!! This picture shows the starters- the salad (3 different kinds) and this was just for lunch. Everyday, breakfast, lunch and dinner, they served 3 different salad's, 2 pastas and at least 5 other dishes!! The desserts!! Oh my!! The desserts... I show you more pictures later..

"Lunchtime"

"The veranda"

A quick peek of the veranda

" The restaurant"

"The island "

The island from the seaplane..

The Maldive Islands

by yorcie44

"Lily Beach Resort"

I have always thought that at least once in everyone's lifetime they should live on a tropical island and spoil themselves rotten. This I did in September this year.
The Maldives is likely to be a great distance no matter where you are flying from therefore it is really important to fly in comfort rather than with airlines such as Monarch of whom no end of people were complaining on the Island. We flew with Qatar which was very comfortable, great service and no more expensive.
Your holiday begins either by speedboat or Sea Plane, we had the latter and its a brilliant experience.
Lily Beach Resort is outstandingly fabulous and is all inclusive. All inclusive means just that, all the drinks, food, one or two trips are totally free (well you pay really) but i have been to many places on half or full board and the drinks bill after two weeks for two people can be quite alarming. The accomodation is very nice and meticulously looked after. The food is buffet style but thats good as there is lots and lots to choose from. The pool is great and sometimes a nice break from the very warm sea. It has a great bar of which everything is free. It's quite easy to make friends with people and we did with a German couple. Three months later we flew to Hamburg in Germany to spend a long weekend with them.
I know some people are wary about travelling so far and it being up to standard. Let me tell you the Lily Beach is an Island of dreams and you would be happy for the rest of your life.
For those who have taken the time to read all this you must be interested in this holiday destination. If you so wish I took some good video of the islands and the sea and as a semi professional video maker made a short programme showing the island and the sea. You pay the postage and I would be happy to send you a copy (sorry, VHS only). Have a great time.

Maldives, maldives....

by sahlenare

"The beginning..."

Honestly I don't know where to start and describe the Maldives, therefore I will start by with saying.. we are not married nor are we engaged..
Now I would like to explain what's going on in the pictures.. Maldives is the island, no question about that! If you would like peace and quite, turtles, stork's, a crystal clear ocean and so smooth white sand on the beach as it feels like walking around on clouds, then visit the Maldives.
Also, if you would like to gain weight during your visit then stay at Lily Beach Resort. They have been rewarded 4 years in a row for their excellent food.
The picture;
Peter and I are standing in the 'doorway' to our restaurant for the night. Ibrahim - the best waiter ever, arranged this night for us. From the beginning we wanted to get married in the Maldivian way. When all was set and what we thought arranged, it turned out to be a misunderstanding, no musicians. If we wanted the musicians we had to fly them in meaning $700 extra. At this point I was actually tired of the person who was arranging it all, as he had been changing everything almost all the time. So I said No.
Our waiter Ibrahim then asked us if he could arrange a night in the sign of romance for us?
And he did. When we arrived Ibrahim gave me a necklace made of flowers and he had also brought flowers for my hair. Everyone working in resort was talking about this night, when we got to the bar at night to be picked up and brought to the place, the bartenders told us that the staff had been working for hours so that everything would be the most romantic night that we had ever experience. And it was.

"us..."

As you might see the palm trees were shaped as a heart.. They started with serving us a nice cool coconut drink

"Our bed..."

When we got back to our bungalow after dinner this is how our bed looked like...

spaspa

approaching the resortapproaching the resort

W Resort on Fesdu islandW Resort on Fesdu island

BEACHED !BEACHED !

Information on lily beach

by sara270

hello all,

Has anyone got any info on lily beach we are due to go there in july .

we were due to go meeru and i had done all my home work on the island before booking, but the travel company we were going with cancelled us at last minute . . . . . great service??????? and offered us this as an alternative.

Has anyone had time there is it as good as meeru, or are we being fobbed off

Any help or advice would be great

Cheers

Re: Information on lily beach

by LisaMJ

Hi,

I haven't been there personally, but some friends honeymooned there in Sept 2002, and they had a fantastic time.

As long as it is the beauty of the Maldives that is your prioerty then you should be very happy....... they stayed in a normal villa - it looked ok from the photos, basic but clean, and they often had flower decorations on their bed as they were on honeymoon.

The only thing that they said was a bit of a negative, was only one restaurant, and all the meals are buffet - so even though there is a big selection, you tend to feel you are eating the same thing every night if you choose to have ' a little bit of everything' if you get what I mean.

Also, on their first night, they were assigned their table, and it was sharing with another couple. They exaplined they were on honeymoon , and would like to be alone, so were given their own table (which apparently stays yours for dinner for the duration you are there) They do this table sharing thing I guess because of space? But you can do as my friends did and explain you want your own table and you should get it.

Overall they said the island was beautiful, wiht a lovely warm lagoon, and everything they needed for a quiet romantic honeymoon.

Re: Information on lily beach

by annieanderson

Hi I am due to go to the Lily Beach in June 2005.. Did you go if yes how was it ?

Help!!!

by jcsanders

Hello all,

Have been reading up on all your valued opinions on here and would like to ask for your help with a dilemma.
We are going out for 10 days in August as part of our honeymoon, and the only choices available to me are the following: Lily Beach, Reethi Beach, Meeru or Veligandu. Our only real criteria are water bungalows and all-inclusive (we don't dive). I am stalling because they all have their pros and cons. Lily Beach and Meeru don't really have 'proper' water villas, i.e. on stilts, rather a bungalow built on the waters edge (not quite the same). Reethi beach does have water villas but they are rather modern looking (and almost a little unsightly!). Veligandu is gorgeous but about £250 more pp.
I guess my real question is: is it worth the extra money for Veligandu or are the differences really only superficial?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!!

by paparullo

Hey folk !!
Sorry 4 my english..
I ve been at least 5 times in Maldives 4 work...
Try Vilamendoo,getting with chopper from Male !!!! will be graet 4 u ..
Water Villas r lie,u cant sleep all night long due the small waves making splash every second !!!!!
First of all try to find out how the island are after the Tsunami !!!!
Enjoy and be really happy.-
Atilio

by ellaard

Hi,
Meeru has brand new 'Meeru village' at north end of the island with waterbungalows on stilts! Very swish too :-)
tv, jacuzzi etc
Hope whatever you choose you have a great honeymoon :-)

RE: RE: Help!!!

by ellaard

You can read what people thought of them that stayed in them at www.meeru.co.uk
if that helps.
( on cost, these will be more that the shoreline water villas though...)

by annieanderson

Hiya,
My partner and I are off to the Lily Beach in June this year.. and have done my research... The diving is supposed to be some of the best in the maldives ? Whale sharks,mantas etc.
Not so sure if we are still going now due to the threat of another earthquake !!!!!!!!!
Anyway in terms of the hotel I have heard nothing but good things about the island.. Try there website guestbook there is a lot of useful info on there..

Annie

what Island help?

by pufferfish

Have been to Reethi beach, Velavaru, Lily beach, vilareef, meeru. We love snorkelling, I need to see sharks and turtles I still haven't seen on (one small shark but couldn't swim near it) Reethi beach was the best, can anyone top the island, as like the quietness, looking at kuramathi lagoon?on a budget!

by Gillybob

I had a great stay at Kuramathi Lagoon in March 2007 - my Maldives pages might help in your decision making. The reef is on the opposite side to the water bungalows (where I stayed) and is very easily accessible. Saw sharks - and there's an area near the sandbar at the top of the island which is like a baby shark nursery - fantastic! Whether you choose beach villas or water bungalows - I'm sure you'll have a great time there!

by axwell

Spent 3 weeks on Villamondhu, which you can see from Lily Beach, and saw baby reef sharks and turtles, 1 main restaurant and 2 bars island ideal for quiet dive based holiday and can't wait to go back

by pufferfish23

Thank-you, I was a bit worried about that resort as someone on Trip Advisor said they were broken into! But other than that it looks lovely. Thanks

by pufferfish23

Than-you, I was edging towards that island, I mentioned we had been to Meeru but meant Medupphera (or however it's spelt)!

Comments