W Retreat & Spa Maldives

ElinGlen's Profile Photo

Maldives Paradise

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 16, 2011

Everything we could ever dream of and more. From the lovely welcome we received from Sheeza as we arrived in Male, the help with transfers, the short flight to the island and then the warm welcome when we touched down at the W. I could have cried as it was so beautiful and stunning. We stayed in a beach hut for 3 nights and the rest of the two weeks we stayed in an Ocean view. We loved both. We hardly saw anyone at the beaches - the snorkeling at the reef outside our hut was breathtaking - all the turtles and a few Rays and sharks to be seen. We had lovely neighbours who were quiet too so it was fantastic. We had a bit of rain for a couple of days so we really enjoyed the upstairs where we could sit and read or just contemplate the ocean and enjoy life. We were a bit sad to leave our lovely beach hut - but soon fell in love with our ocean view room too. Totally different - but amazing. We had room 242 - perfect location - not exposed at all and a view over the next island. We snorkeled around the whole island a couple of times - but a lot of the time I just went swimming with "MY" two friends who seemed to live just in front of my deck and who followed me wherever i went. So accommodation and friendly fish were amazing in both places. Food was also very special - we gained a lot of weight even though we were swimming a lot during the day. From our lovely fruit guy at breakfast the waiters and the chefs who were constantly telling us that we could ask for anything we wanted and if they had it they would make it. We ate at the Kitchen most nights, but Fire and Fish were also very good and we did an in-room BBQ one evening which was just fantastic. I was lucky enough to do an Indian cooking class on my own at FIRE and learnt a lot from Randa (spelling?)- so now my friends can't wait for me to prepare a lovely meal for them with what I have learned. The staff and management from the ladies who raked up the leaves in the morning, cleaned our rooms (champions!), fogged the island, to Charles the sommelier and our preferred kiwi, Markus - we have nothing but admiration for you all - you really made this holiday a dream come true. You make W what it is. The library had good books in many languages - even Norwegian and Swedish (well, one each) the gym was not too busy but had lovely views - and who can forget the lovely Mojitos (Try the Mandarin one) at the SIP bar whilst watching the ever so lovely sunset.

Also on departure we had so much help from the lovely Sheeza at the W welcome in Male - she just did everything she could to help us and we were able to bypass the long check in lines and go straight to the counter.

Unique Quality: The staff are really looking out for you and if there is something that is just impossible for them to do - they will come up with VERY GOOD alternatives. The staff makes this experience and this retreat what it is - just Fantastic! Make sure you have full use of the lovely Bliss products in the bathrooms - the best there is. I also used a lot of the suntan lotion provided at the sweetspots and did not get burned. The retreat offers a lot of nice activities in case of rain - we did not have the pleasure taking part in these as it was not raining - but it is nice to have the option.

Directions: In the middle of a fantastic reef - Just please DO NOT touch the reef as we saw a lot of people doing this

Nearby W Retreat & Spa Maldives

• Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Alifu Atholhu Travel Forum

Need advice about Alifu Atholhu, Maldives? Visit the Travel Forum for Alifu Atholhu and ask our Answer Gurus.