Villingilivaru Island South Ari Atoll
Expedia.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Ranveli Village

by colbeck100

I posted a question a bit ago asking for advice on a place called Ranveli Village. I did not get much of a response possibly because this holiday is in the 'Portland Direct' brochure. I think it is in Ari Atoll.
Has anybody been there recently? I usually make all the travel plans, so this is going to be a little different for me.
Any help, criticisms or observations will be appreciated.
Thankyou

RE: Ranveli Village

by abes999

Hi,
Went to vilmendhoo 2004 Ranveli Village was one of the islands near to where we stayed. Visited the island you are thinking of going too. Small island accommodation is two storey but no beach access for some of the accommodation you could only reach the beach at one end where it opens out to reveal a large beach with sand reaching out to the water beautiful view and very relaxing.
Just be careful Ranveli Village was a stop off for us on a island hopping day so the island can be busy with other people just taking a look.
restaurant on stilts over the sea so you can watch the sun of down.

Pool very nice and cosy.

The wild life in the water amazing, where ever you go you will fine it hard to find any island disappointing

Sharon
Going back to Maldives January 2006 (not sure to where exciting!!!!)

RE: RE: Ranveli Village

by colbeck100

Thanks for that reassurance - I appreciate your writing to me. It is our first time so we are ready for anything but we have found some great 'independent' deals on Airline network for holidays that sound wonderful.
Thanks again
Paul

Info about Ranveli Village.

by colbeck100

Going with family for a week on Ranveli but can get little info, probably because people who use this site are looking to plan and travel independently and this is a brochure holiday. In this case my options are restricted - however, I want to get as much inside info as I can before we travel.
Please someone must know about this island.
Paul

RE: Info about Ranveli Village.

by Ali&Steve