Angsana Resort & Spa Maldives Ihuru

Angsana Ihuru, Maldives
Hotels.com Jetsetter.com Booking.com

• Lucieee's Profile Photo

My Perfect Paradise

A stunning island with excellent service. The island has only 45 villas so is very intimate and peaceful. The rooms are lovely, detached and just a few steps from the ocean with wonderful views. Each has it's own private garden with a Maldivian swing
    The food is fantastic and alternates between 'a la carte' and extensive buffets.

Unique Quality: The most environmentally friendly island in the Maldives. Excellent housereef for snorkelling with an abundance of marine life, fantastic beach/sand, crystal clear water, wonderful spa.

More about Angsana Resort & Spa Maldives Ihuru

Loved the Angsana

by TripAdvisor Member fabdv

Just Fabulous.
Small, luxury, calm, relaxing.
We stayed one week for our honey moon. A dream.

After speaking with others guest, one of the better place in Maldives.

We've been to the Banyan tree, just close. We prefered Angsana.

Come back home is so difficult....

Peace on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member Kirstdav

My husband and I went to stay at Angsana for a week as part of our honeymoon (first week was touring Sri Lanka). I can only echo all of the excellent reviews below and say that the place is simply amazing! It has a completely relaxed atmosphere with luxury where it is required yet not diminishing the ruggedness, beauty and integrity of the island itself.
From the moment we steped off the plane and met the Angsana representative at the airport we recieved attentive treatment without it being overbearing in anyway.
The food was wonderful with lots of choice so that you never get bored. It is always freshly cooked (even the buffets) and well presented.
Our villa, which was without a whirlpool, was more than adequete size wise and is designed to induce tranquility and peacefulness. The outside shower is fabulous and the only bugs we saw were quite a few ants and a few small ghekos none of which bother you at all. The room service was fantastic with it being thoroughly cleaned once a day and then tidied and prepared for the night time each evening (lots of petals on the bed every night and a little present!!).
There is a bar on the island which is also very tranquil and although it will stay open until whatever time guests want to have drinks there really isn't much action. Whilts this is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic stay it is very quiet and if you like lots of socialising or more of a party atmosphere then this isn't the island for you. Having said that we met some wonderful people on the island who we shared a cocktail or drink with most evenings but generally most of the couples retired to their rooms straight after dinner or took a (short) walk around the island.
My only negative comment about the island is the price of the drinks and the trips! A can of coke is approximately £3 ($6), a pot of tea for 2 was £6 ($10) and the cheapest bottle of wine is about £20 ($35) and is a bit on the rough side. I think if they priced all drinks a bit more reasonably guests would take more advantage. Most of the time we saw people mainly ordering a bottle of water to go with their meal!
I would definately agree with many of the comments regarding the Banyan Tree. We were a bit reluctant to go over at first in case Angsana seemed poor in comparison. You can see that the villas etc are more luxurious than Angsana but the island seems to have lost some of its charm and has a slightly ostentatious feel to it.
To sum Angsana up in three words I would say it is relaxed, sophisticated and unspoilt and I couldn't recommend it higly enough!

A wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member RoryDavidson

My wife and I have just returned from a 9 night stay at the Angsana Resort & Spa and are currently enduring severe withdrawl symptoms.

This trip was to celebate our 20th wedding anniversary and I can think of few other places I would rather have spent it.

The Angsana has managed to combine wonderfully an idyllic location with an up market but relaxed atmosphere and a personal level of sincere service.

The speedboat transfer from Male airport takes only 25 mins, but can be either smooth and enjoyable or a little more 'involved' in a choppy sea.

The Villas themselves are perfectly comfortable. Others have suggested they are small, but we did not agree. The outside bathroom (completely enclosed) had a lovely relaxing and outdoor feel to it, whilst the air coinditioning brought a welcome relief when things got a little too warm. Ours was a deluxe villa with jacuzzi, but we used it only once as it was more enjoyable to use the free running water shower.

There is no doubt that the Angsana and a number of its sister island resorts are struggling hard to protect their wonderful beaches from the effects of erosion, with tides that run across many of the beaches continually shifting the sand and changing the shape of some of them over just a few days.

Previous comments refer to sandbags being visible around the island, which is true, but it is being done with as little intrusion as possible and when you witness the immense efforts of those involved in the task, you are less drawn to their presence and more appreciateve of protecting something that is simply beautiful.

The snorkling is spectacular and for those who have not done it before, a staggering surprise awaits you. With the reef so close to the island, you do not have to swim very far at all. In fact you can swim to the reef and just let the tide carry you around the majority of the island.

The food in almost all respects was of a very good standard and there was plenty of it. Breakfast provided all the necessary choices via a buffet with cooked offerings being made individually. Lunch was again buffet style, with a terrific range of food which included a BBQ. Dinner alternated each night between a set menu of 4 courses or a BBQ. Each night had a theme for its cusine and we were never disappointed.

In the restaurant, we found the service to be excellent. A waiter will generally adopt you for your stay and look after you thereafter. We may have been lucky to have Saeed, who was exceptionally attentive and hard working, but they all seemed pretty good. Adam, on the BBQ is a 'superstar'. It is true when they say that it is the 'people that count'.

The weather was quite simply sensational for the whole of our visit, but as with any destination now, there are really are no guarantees.

We were interested to see that Angsana received a large number of guests who were returning again, which is always a good sign. Guests were an international mixture, but those from the UK spoke very highly of their experiences.

We would dearly like to return to this resort. There may be islands that offer more in some areas, but the balance of what the Angsana offers was what left us feeling that we could go in search for another island, but would upon arrival, feel that we simply should have gone back to the Angsana.

The only real advice we would offer would be to understand that the villas up to 26 get a lot of shade and considerably less sun beacuse of their location. They also have very little beach. 27 to 40 undoubtedly are the best for location, with a stunning beach
that you very often feel you have to yourself. You can enjoy the sunsets in full, but because the wind comes from the other side of the island, be warned: there is little breeze and it can get very hot.

The attached pictures may be of help.

Rory & Karen Davidson

Fantastic honeymoon, would return asap!

by TripAdvisor Member happyhappycampers

My husband & I stayed at both Angsana for our honeymoon. As it was our first time to the maldives it was extremely special. The staff were amazing and extremely polite and couldn't do enough for you.
I had two spa treatments and my husband and I also had a couple's treatment which was well worth the money, it was so tranquil.
The snorkeling was so fantastic on Angsana, you could practically touch the fish and there were thousands of them! You could even see them from the beach side which meant that you didn't have to go any deeper than waist height to see them.
The villas were nice & private, the outdoor jacuzzi's were fully enclosed and the sea was only a few metres away from the front patio.
The food was excellent and was varied enough for a two week stay. A private visit for lunch on the sandbank is a must (most people went for dinner but it was really good and a bit cheaper for lunch)
I would highly recommend this island as a beautiful paradise for honeymooners & couples

Half convinced

by TripAdvisor Member FERU06

We stayed at the Angsana for a week beginning of December. The weather was bad most of the week so our opinion could be slightly biased but all in all we were only half convinced about the Angsana unlike the other reviews i have read so far.

The villas are pretty nice, cosy, well kept and turn down is good. The drawback lies in the fact they are really close to one another and you can t help but see your neighbors whenever they are on their terrasse.

The access to the beach and the beach itself is very different depening on which part of the island you stay. While some have a good access to the beach and a good wide beach, others have a sudden drop and more sandbags then beach in front of their villa. I noticed that many people changed during their stay in order to get a villa with a better beach.

But our disappointment came mostly from the service. We didnt find it friendly at all and bumped into cases when they would not even tell us ahead that some activities we had booked were cancelled despite knowing it long ago, leaving us hearing the news when we were all set to go.

We were also disappointed with the sending off, there wasn t even a thank you for staying with us or have a nice trip back, they just dropped us off the boat with the luggage and off they went without a word....

Overall we would not go back to this resort but would not go to the extent of not recommending it because villas are quite decent compared to the price. We went to the Banyan Tree for a look and thought villas in Banyan Tree were really not worth their much pricier rate.

So you still get your money worth except for service which could do with a lift up.

Perfect get away from it all break

by TripAdvisor Member Yoda19

Spent a week at Angsana recently and loved it. Positives - service excellent throughout, fantastic beach and reef, excellent spa and lovely food. Negatives - nothing really! We were impressed by the service throughout, with the check in and out, the restaurant service, spa service and even right down to the departure when we were handed cold towels and drinks on the boat as we were about to disembark at the airport - not much but small things count (perhaps they listened to the previous negativecoment in this regard) Food excellent throughout and a pretty good wine list, although one or two options listed were not available (when we happened to request one of these they apologised with a glass of champagne at the end of our meal which was a nice touch). Also impressed by their conservationist approach. We sat in on a talk given by one of the resident marine biologists (shared with Banyan Tree) whcih really highlighted some of the problems faced by the Maldives (some obvious and some not so) and the steps they are taking to try and counter them.
Would definitely go back.

Maldives...Paradise on Earth?

by Lucieee

"Angsana Ihuru April 2004"

The softest, whitest sand I have ever seen....

"Beach Villa"

Steps from the ocean, beautifully decorated, with its own Maldivian swing

"Jetty at Angsana"

Sat at the bar looking over to Banyan Tree...another hectic day!

Maldives

by buayadarat

"Bandos Island Resort"

This year we went to Bandos Island Resort since we wanted to do some activities. I like the fact that the island is offering not only beach sand and sun but also many excursions and water sport activities for a fair price. We booked a deluxe room and it was very nice and quite spacious but some rooms have limited sea view – we were lucky. Besides the Male trip our holidays in the Maldives went perfect and we will be back next year to Angsana Ihuru which apparently has perfect snorkeling conditions. We book with the local agent Premium Holidays Maldives – I like to think that my money is going to a local agent rather then a big Tour Operator who is handling mass tourists. Besides, we want to book a scheduled flight and not be squeezed into a charter flight.

The Maldives : Saved for a special occasion

by Flem2002

"We'd waited ten years for paradise!"

There is something about the Maldives... whenever you see pictures of them, they look too good to be true. The sea is always so clear, the beaches so white and the sky so blue, but as we found, this paradise does exist exactly as it shows in these pictures.

We saved up so that we could splash out for our 10th wedding anniversary and chose the Meeru Island resort. It seemed to have everything that the mid-priced resorts have (we couldn't stretch financially to the VERY posh ones like the Hilton, and who needs a Butler anyway?) and Meeru was quite large by Maldive resort standards.

I'm glad we went to the Maldives. I don't think I would be in a hurry to go back, as there are so many other places on my "to go to" list and I imagine that most islands in the Maldives are going to offer exactly the same experience.

But if you like sun, sand, marine life, paradise and relaxing on holiday, then I would certainly recommend the Maldives as the perfect romantic place to recharge you batteries!

in angsana maldivesin angsana maldives

Angsana resort and SPA Maldives Ihuru

by stefi.o

I'm planning a trip to Maldives next January, and this resort seems very nice. Has anyone been there? Is the house reef as good as they say?
I would like to know if there is a local agent I can contact for booking.
Thanks in advance.