4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Costs 119% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• davidvidgen's Profile Photo

Bandos Island

I stayed at Bandos Island in 2005. I can honestly say this was the best holiday I have ever had.

Although it is probably not the best island resort in the Maldives, staying in a jacuzzi beach villa is something special.

The service is good. Prior to traveling I was able to arrange a meal on a deserted island where I proposed to my girlfriend (now wife). This cost just $300 dollars including transfer and some absolutely amazing food.

Unique Quality: Jacuzzi Beach Villa is something special.

• lhany's Profile Photo

nice 4 start resort :)

Amenities
    Double/twin bed, tiled floor, mini bar, International Direct Dial telephone, air-conditioning, beach beds with beach chairs, bathroom with shower, hot & cold water, hair dryer, satellite television, tea/coffee making facilities and electronic safety deposit box.

tar Rating: 4 star
    Distance From Airport: 7 km
    Transfer by Speed boat: 20 Mins
    Number of Rooms: 225 rooms

Unique Quality: Adapters, Aerobics, Air conditioning, Airline, Baggage, Books / Newspapers, Cyber Cafe, Boat hire, Cashier, Cheques, Credit Cards, Diving, Excursions, Facsimile, Foreign exchange, Gymnasium, Hair dryer, Mini bar, Non-smoking areas, Personal computer, Photocopying, Safet, Sauna, Sports and Recreation, Steam bath, Swimming pool, Television, Tea and coffee making facility, Telephone, Water sports

Directions: located in North Malé' Atoll, about 7 kilometers from Malé International Airport

• Good for Family Holidays

Well furnished, nicely decorated, fully equipped with excellent services. Bandos Island is perfect resort for holidays and makes some fun with your family. We had stayed for a week in Bandos Island during my family holidays. We had found everything well managed and in a mannered way. We stayed at deluxe room which was elegantly designed and had a great view Jacuzzi Beach.

The all staffs were very friendly and served everything in a mannered way. The food was superb especially Thai food was amazing. We enjoyed boating there especially this is good stuff for the kids. I recommended this resort for their excellent services and must visit again. I had booked this hotel through http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/newoffer/maldives/bandosIsland.aspx

Unique Quality: Services, Staff

• csavin's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel for Families in the Maldives

Bandos, Oh I love Bandos thats why I'm going back again for the 5th time in 2008!! Its a great hotel for families, there's a fab creche, for the energetic there's a gym, tennis court, squash court, table tennis! The dive school is excellent and the house reef is fantastic for snorkelling and diving. There are 3 restaurants, the standard half board one, a grill overlooking the water, the fantastic sundowner bar and grill and the very posh (and expensive) Harbour Grill. The food is great, the staff are great. I love it (and so do my family). Oh and there's a fab new spa which is wonderful!!

• Lucieee's Profile Photo

Great Family Island

A great 'allrounder' but quite a large island. Good size standard rooms which are closest to the best beaches. Good sports facilities. Friendly staff. Excellent Dive School. Reasonable food and drink prices. Great housereef. Fabulous spa.

Would recommend for first time visitors and families.

Unique Quality: Excellent facilities for families. Very comfortable rooms. Choice of restaurants.

• labaronesa's Profile Photo

Beautiful Resort

This resort is really nice. We stayed at a bungalow. Beautiful!!!Downstairs was the living room and a extra bed for my son. Upstairs was our bedroom with a queen bed. The bathroom was in the back patio. Yes!! very pretty and extrange. There was a jacuzzi and a gazebo was covering the jacuzzi. As I said the bathroom was in the patio so it had high walls. At the beginning I felt unconfortable going to the bathroom or taking a shower but really the bathroom was the best of this unit. It looks like it was recently renovated after the Tsunami. The food was also good. All the amenities are good. This resort is good for families that go with children. While I stayed there I saw children everywhere and they were so loud. Actually, if you want to relax you will hear one of them crying or yelling parents did not say nothing to the children and many people really go there to relax. Specially the first day, I got to my resort so tired!.I spent all night in the airplane we left home in the afternoon and we arrived at 8 am the next day to maldives. So I wanted to relax and take a little nap by the beach or the pool. No possible.

• HEB's Profile Photo

Bandos island resort

Visited November 2005
    Newly renovated Bandos island resort is just perfect, something to suit all, an unforgetable experience. Will certainly go back someday!

Unique Quality: Excellent value for money
    Close to the airport just 15 mins by speed boat.
    Medium sized island
    Newly renovated
    High standards
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Good house reef
    New built pool
    Choice of bars / restaurants
    Small sandy coves of beach
    Standard acommodation - Excellent and private

Directions: North Male, Atoll, Maldives, Indian Ocean

• Resort in the sun

Lovely individual bungalows in quiet peaceful surroundings. Literally 3 seconds to the sea right in front of you. Spacious room and good size bathrooms - and we were in the cheaper version ones.

Unique Quality: Facilities on the island were great for those that love water sports or who like to relax by the sea or by the pool. Also a beauty parlour and indoor games such as table tennis and table football. Good bar and interesting karaoke

Directions: 30 minutes by motor boat from the airport

More about Bandos Island Resort

On all but the main island a...

by jonarnold

On all but the main island a hotel is an island resort that occupies all of the island ( afew islands have 2 or 3 resorts). Most islands are small enough to walk round in 20-40 minutes. Most are expensive and need booking before you arrive.

Bandos is good, but there are so many....

Loved Bandos

From arrival to departure the staff were friendly and helpfull. We had one of the garden villas which are very recommendable. Bring your own snorkeling gear as that is the best activity to do around the island, this can be hired as well for about $6.00 per day.

They organise trips and the Fishing with BBQ trip is very recommendable. If you book through Kuoni you get a free dinner when staying 7 nights. Let me tell you that they really take care of this dinner!! I will not spoil the suprise by explaining what they do.

Definately a nice island to explore the Maldives from.

BandosBandos

Kudo BandosKudo Bandos

Bandos beachBandos beach

Bandos beachBandos beach

by andymcattack79

Hi there,
Myself and my wife are going to bandos on 11 May 2006 for 2 weeks.
We are staying in a Beach Villa
Are there any tips anyone can give about Bandos?

RE: Bandos Island Resort

by HEB

Have a look at my Maldives I have put some comments on about Bandos as well as the other islands I have visited. If you need any further info or have any other questions please contact me. I am sure you will love Bandos.
H.