2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Costs 141% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Biyadhoo Island Resort

Club Rannalhi

by faridah

I didnt stay on the island, just another stop on my island hopping excursions. After going to the 2 resort island, I prefer Fiha, think I made the right choice.
I like the shallow waters around biyadhoo and the jetty in Rannalhi though...

Biyadoo - the cottages

by mauro_pd

On Biyadoo cottages are on 2 levels with the same poor style they have (ground floor only) in Villivaru.
Living on the 2nd floor (and with no sea view !) seems to me really out the scope while staying @ the Maldives ... it sounds like driving a car on the island !

Biyadoo Island Resort

by AyurinHiro about Biyadoo Island Resort

Biyadoo Island is famous for its beautiful reef.You can enjoy snorkeling,diving....Just get out of your room with your snorkel!
The accommodation building is 2-storied. (2 floors) I recommend you to stay on the ground floor (1st floor). Then, you will be able to go to the beach directly from your room. (If you are staying on the 2nd floor, you have to go out of your room,then you have to go down to the 1st floor by stairs)

Fantastic Biyadhoo!!!

by TripAdvisor Member monica78

I spend 2 weeks from 7 to 22 of May in this fantastic island! The hotel is very basic! If you are looking for animation and luxury stay away from Biyadhoo, here the relax and the life of sea reign!
-The room is very simple and cleaned twice a day,it is in front of the beach (my room was number 92)!
-The restaurant is great,it has good food and friendly staff
(especially Ismael!)
-The beach is FANTASTIC!!! White sand,clear and turquoise sea! The reef is near and you can see Nemo, Turtles, little sharks, Eagle Ray... Really fantastic!!

The nature of the island is wild and there are lots and lots of coco and banana trees!! I love to stay there,I relaxed myself and I saw a fantastic nature!! I hope to come back there soon!!

Great time at Biyadhoo

by TripAdvisor Member EssexStarman

My wife and I have just returned from our second trip to the Maldives - in 2003 we stayed at Vilivaru, this time we had a 2 week break at Biyadhoo, and we enjoyed every minute of it. I would agree with some of the points raised in previous reviews - the decor of the rooms is beginning to look a little bit tired and run down in places - but as we only went back to our room to sleep, we didn't care a bit. Everything else was fine - the staff are wonderful (get to know Caroo on the beach bar - he makes teriffic cocktails...!), the food is excellent, the amount and types of fish on the house reef is incredible, and even though it was the "rainy" season the weather was great, with only one day of rain during the entire 2 weeks of our stay. We had a great time, and will definitely be returning. One comment - take plenty of mozzie repellent. The island is "fogged" twice a day to keep the numbers down, but you can't kill 'em all and you will get bitten - a small price to pay for a break in paradise!

Dont go to Biyadhoo!

by TripAdvisor Member baijong

Me and my wife have just arrived home from Biyadhoo and we are glad to be back to be honest. We arrived at the resort on the 17th of July and were booked in for two weeks for our honeymoon expecting great things and what we got was something completely different.......
Our first dissapointment was when we opened the door to our room for the first time, we found we had no honeymoon greeting that was promised to us, although we were a bit upset we were aware that this was a mistake in communication with our tour provider and the resort. Anyway being as it was our honeymoon we weren't going to let this get us down so we continued on with our holiday. As the days began to pass things began to unfold, after our third day our room became infested with larvee and we had crawling maggots all over our bed and floor, we moved rooms of course! As we took walks around the island we noitced how run down and dirty the place is, we are not people to complain but the sight of old rotting furniture, rotting boats, rusted barrells of chemicals in sight just topped it for us. We became so annoyed and upset we asked our tour opperator for an early flight home and was told it would cost us quite a bit of money which we didn't have so were stuck. This really is just a few of the things we encountered! on top of all this my wife became ill from the food and we were kept awake by the current building work going on which we didn't know about until we arrived! I can only sit back and laugh now at how bad we got it but if your thinking of going to Maldives stay away from Biyadhoo. Like many of you we read all the reviews on tripadvisor and gave them a chance but dont make the mistake we did if you want a good holiday in the Maldives.

Kathy & Mick

by TripAdvisor Member TheMorgs

We have just returned from Biyadhoo, having read previous reviews we were concerned regarding the quality of the accomodation, but found the whole holiday perfect, yes, the resort is a little tired but the diving was perfect, the staff were excellent very friendly and helpful, everywhere was clean, what more could you ask for. We didn't pay 5* prices so didn't expect a 5* holiday, but that is what we got. We will certainly look at returning, I hope the owners don't decide to upgrade too much as this will lose the islands charm

brilliant value

by TripAdvisor Member misssouthlondon

My partner and I have just returned from 7 nights on Biyadhoo, which was just fantastic. We booked knowing it was a 2.5 star island, and were not sure what to expect. Having stayed on Angaga a few years
ago, I was concerned that the food would be dull, and that any random
creepy crawlies could access our room as well as we could. I was pleasantly surprised as the rooms are well sealed, due to the apartment block design (the outdoor bathroom and more open design on Angaga meant that we had a few things come into the room). Food was good too.

The fact that this island has not been revamped is part of its attraction. Its very laid back, unpretentious and the staff are fantastic. The diving school seems well kept and staffed, and the reef is excellent for exploring each day. I was worried that the food
would be tiresome, but it is varied, tasty, and served with wide smiles, piping hot and very fresh 3 times a day. The rooms are very clean, very simple, but the whole point of going there was to relax, which we did. We got 5* service and food, and were left alone to enjoy ourselves. The entertainment is simple (drummers and singing Maldivan style), which is all you need when you go somewhere to get away from it all. No karaoke, no discos, also a bonus. Perfect and low key. Lots of lush vegetation and dense greenery for shade.

Tips:
1: Change your dollars here at the airport, for tipping. About $10 to
$20 is about right. The staff get paid very little, work 7 days a week for 11 months of the year, all hours. It is how they survive, and worth more to them than to a waiter in NY. Take about $100/150.
2: Take a few packets of peanuts and nibbles with you, as you pay alot once you get there. Also, small first aid kit (plasters/Savlon) as there is none in the shop.
3: Take a small torch/bike light as the exterior lighting is not so good in some places.
4: Dont take shoes as you wont need them.

There were some complaints about the state of the island. The paint, agreed, is peeling, but the place has a certain charm due to the lack
of B&Q decking timber, and it would be shame if this were to change. Also, the islands are quite volatile due to their position, and may not be there for long. I would definately recommend going here, as you could pay more for less in elsewhere in the world. It is well worth it, and I would return again.

Fantastic Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member kaylan

My new wife and I, have just returned from Biyadhoo, (16th July to 24th July 2007)and we had a fantastic time.

We were there for 7 nights, our observations were thus.

Accomodationn as others have said was tired and in need of some TLC. However it was very clean. The rooms were clean and tidied 3 times a day, so much so we had to come to an arangment that they would only clen us once a day. (Well it was our honeymoon!) Plenty of towels, sheets changed every other day.

Food, was fresh, plenty of choice, and well cooked. I am very fussy about food especially chicken, however as I have said this was well cooked and fell of the bone. Considering the nationalaties they were cooking for i.e British, italian, German, Japaneese. to mention the main ones. I think the balance was achived.

Beach was fantastic, with the diving and swimming. The paths to and from the beach were swept every day. There was a choice of small chairs, deckchairs or beach mats (outside every room) to sit on. The diving school was very good run by a guy called Daniel. I would recomend this to anyone, even if you have not done it before. They are very saftey conscious, paitent, and friendly.

The staff, were very friendly and supportive, anything from ripped trousers being repaired to aircon not working and beng repaired. To milk being supplied for that all important cuppa in the morning (FOC).

The bar was great as were the bar staff. The prices were similar to what you would pay in the UK. This was definatly the social hub of the island. It was great to meet and talk to other holidaymakers. We made some great new friends,

Mozzies, sand flies, whatever, Oh yes they had em, but it depends on the person, I walked away with a good 2 dozen bites, my wife however had three. I have been told in the past by doctors that this is due to my blood group. I have traveled the world and have found this in many hot climates so therfore I am used to it and do not get stressed just make sure that I have creams and potions to put on bites. I recomend HC45 and Calamine Lotion (kept in fridge so cold) They fumeigate the island twice a day.

In conclusion, I would recomend this island resort to couples on honeymoon, and couples on a budget getaway in paradise, the facilities are basic but good, It would not be sutible for families with young kids.

We would give it a 8/10 rating.

If your booked to go or looking to go, go ahead.

Cheers Kaylan

simply charming and restful

by TripAdvisor Member sg2

We returned from Biyadhoo on 11 June 07 from, what for us was a wonderful relaxing holiday, no shoes and no TV for 2 weeks. Like other reviewers the island does need some TLC, However if all you want is sun, sand, sea and a place to chill out then this is the place.
The accommodation is in 6 blocks - 3 on each side of the island 97 rooms in total. We were upstairs on the west side rm 97 , which was a large family room, 2 singles and a double. There was Air Con, plenty of plugs, phone and a large wardrobe, which contained the coffee making facilities and mini bar .The bathroom had both a shaver socket and hair dryer. The balcony had chairs and a drying rack. The beds were changed regularly , with clean towels daily for both the beach and Room. You have a laundry basket outside your room where you just dump your beach towels to be replaced each day. The rooms also had umbrellas and beach mats.
The restaurant (The Palm) was 5 Min's away , For us there was plenty of choice even if you were a veggie i think you would cope and the Chef's mousse, especially the Mango, Blueberry or Passion fruit flavours which were brilliant.
We were AI(10AM to 0000 daily) so the only bar we used was the Coconut or beach bar - (don't think the other was open)Beer was named eg Lion or Carlsberg. Spirits were local names, usual soft drinks but there were 8 cocktails included, I loved the Planter's Punch . All the seats are wooden benches or a few bar stools. The staff are brilliant in particular Karoo who always made sure we were never without a drink , service in the bar was never an issue, You are not meant to take glasses back to the room or on the beach as people when they break them leave the glass, but we proved we could be trusted by bringing them back each morning so had not problems.
The beaches are better on the west side, with more sand and gently shelving into the water, there are only deck chairs and possibly not enough, some people brought their chairs from the rooms, or used the beach mats with a Lilo. Either bring your own or pay for one at the island shop - dive school will fill it ,unless you want the fun of see your other half go red blowing it up before you tell them.
Activities - if you are after a lively time with organised activities and after dark entertainment, look for another island. The staff do a Maldivian Drumming session on a Friday and once a month there is a staff party, otherwise its talking to other holiday makers or taking some of the trips eg sunset fishing etc . This appears to be a predominantly a dive and snorkeling island with one of the best house reefs I have ever been on. There are sign posted entry points to the reef to help protect the coral and it also helps navigate round the island when swimming. The fish life is abundant and if lucky you will also see the occasional shark, turtle, moray and rays on top of the usual reef fish. The dive school Dive Ocean is well run and the guides are very knowledgeable and Good fun in particular Pupi and Majeed. The Dive school now have their own website up and running - There are other water sports but didn't partake too busy diving. We also took part in the world environment day , where divers helped clean up the house reef and guests were invited to plant a Tree - it was great and helps keep the island in its natural state.
One word of caution - Mossies or Sandflys whichever even though the island and beaches were fogged twice each day most people got bitten despite the best efforts, this is the tropics and the rainy season so you have been warned.
Weather - June is the rainy season so if you don't get any ,then you are lucky. We had evening of rain, and 2 afternoons where there were showers for a hour or so otherwise the temp was an ave 30+c and splashing in the warm puddles with bare feet like kids was great.
Would we go back - Yes and for price it s going for at the moment it is value for money - I hope they do not change it as I loved the fact it was natural , not over manicured and oh I forgot there are 5 resident cats

This is the spa at BiyadooThis is the spa at Biyadoo

The maldivian instructorThe maldivian instructor

Bring your own gears..Bring your own gears..

Suntanning at the "back" of the roomSuntanning at the "back" of the room

Biyadoo email address please

by marymil

Hi
We are travelling to Biyadoo in July and I am trying to email the resort I have tried various email addresses but they are all bounced back to me. Hope someone out there has been successful
Cheers

by djsredkite

Hi

I have just googled the Biadoo and it seems it should be Biadhoo so the email should be as I copied from google admin@biyadhoo.com.mv Hope this helps.

Dave

by marymil

Thanks but I tried it and it returned undeliverable

by leaJ

What email address did you use? This is what I found in the Destination Maldives Resort/Hotel Guide 2009 --> sales@sunland.com.mv OR biyadhoo@sunland.com.mv

Anyone been to Biyadoo or Vilivaru

by Lucy-

Hi Guys

I have found a great deal on the net to go to either of the above resorts on an all inclusive basis at the beginning of June. If anyone could give me any advice on what to expect then that would really be appreciated. Also I have been to the maldives before and noted the amount of unsightly barges ect around Male. I would like to know if you can see the capital from this Island and what the boat traffic is like around the area as it is in the South Male Atoll.

Thanks for any info

Lucy

RE: Anyone been to Biyadoo or Vilivaru

by batgirl1001

Biyadoo is at South Male atoll and not far from where I stayed at the Maldives. So no, you won't see any barges or experience much boating traffic there as it is a little out of the way from male.

but biyadhoo is known as a 'diver's resort' because of its excellence proximity to reefs and a lot of divers go there. so unless you dive, you might find the activities there limited.

RE: RE: Anyone been to Biyadoo or Vilivaru

by JustinJansen

Normally once a week a tourist boat is heading up and down male at most islands! So you'll get there!

RE: Anyone been to Biyadoo or Vilivaru

by carolecole

Hi Lucy - did you decide tpo go to Biyaoo and if so what was it like - I am going on 19 June and would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Carole

Maldives Budget suggestions

by bradbeaman

Our family is planning a trip to Maldives and we can get the flight at a reasonalble rate, but any suggestions on a low budget accomodation and low budget activities would be great help.

Brad

Re: Maldives Budget suggestions

by sioux2

If you want an Island try club faru near to Male,or Biyadhoo(1hr boat ride), I know you can contact Club faru through their website . Hayes and Jarvis are offering Biyadhoo for £35 a night FB but whether they will do it for you, if you have booked your own flight you would have to check- As for low budget activities most on the islands are not cheap as you are a captive audience so I suppose it depends on what you call budget - Both islands are simple(3*), in particular Biyahdoo which is known for its snorkelling and Diving and not much else- I believe there are hotels in Male but the capital is small and very humid- A lot of resorts have websites and you can get an idea of prices eg Dolphin safari Dhow trip = $16

Comments