Cocoa Island,
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Cocoa Island Resort

cocoa island resort

by lengleng about cocoa island resort

The most amasing experience,it felt ike our own little island with very few people on it. Low capacity ,gorgeous nature,great services,quite and private.

Islands in Asia

12. Mactan Island Philippines
13. Siargao Island Philippines

Peacefull and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member dimsum

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon. We tried both the Dhoni Suite and the one-bedroom villa.

Room
Dhoni Suite had more easy access to snorkeling area. Although hte dhoni suite was the cheapest room, it was already very good. Spacious bathroom, comfy bed, well defined living area, nice balcony....... The only drawbacks were that no fresh water handset was provided in the deck and the slipper was out of stock during our whole stay. How come a 5 star hotel could have the slipper out of stock?
One-bedroom villa provided us more space. The outdoor shower was a bit disappointing if compared with the outdoor shower in Hilton Rangali.
If I visit Cocoa Island again, I will stay at a Dhoni Suite.

Food
The quality and presentation were good. The only problem was that the menu had relatively limited selection (We had full board and stayed three nights only).

Spa
Fantastic and Professional. Better than Oriental Spa Bangkok, Landmark Oriental Spa Hong Kong, Spa Retreat Hilton Rangali and Amrita Spa Raffles Hotel Singapore.

Natural Beauty
To be frank, the natural setting of Cocoa Island was quite similar to White Sands. Of course, Cocoa Island was better maintained and manicured. Cocoa Island also had better shallow water snorkeling than White Sands. We saw titan trigger, green turtle, surgeonfish, soliderfish, pufferfish, parrotfish, moorish idol, etc in Cocoa Island, cannot list them all.

Service
In Global terms, the service in Cocoa Island was very good. But if you compare it with other resorts in Maldive, I could only give them the grade of 'above average'. At least, Hilton Rangali provides better service than Cocoa.

Simply breathtaking!!!

by TripAdvisor Member chamsurf

We stayed at Cocoa Island and i have to say it was the most amazing place on earth!Service and staff are beyond expectations and the island is the most beautiful place you could ever imagine.The rooms are fantastic dhoni suites over turquoise waters ,all whitewashed and chic.Gorge soft cotton sheets and pillows .Breakfast is simply incredible and they serve you on your deck looking out to sea.The spa is great but the place /the staff/and the utter beauty of this island is what makes it the most special place on earth!

small but perfectly formed

by TripAdvisor Member PUMA704

We stayed at Cocoa island for 4 nights in March. Our stay was excellent and the resort lived up to its reputation. Stayed in 1 bed villa which was some of the nicest accomodation in the Maldives we have stayed in ( very spacious and beautifully finished)
Very few complaints to mention although we did find the service at breakfast a little hit or miss. I think possible communication problems but they got my breakfast order wrong 3 days out of 4. Service at dinner was much better. The dinner menu is big on seafood as you would expect but if like us you are not a big seafood fan then choice is a little limited.
Found the snorkeling to be excellent. Whilst the reef is not as big as some other resorts we have visited there was no shortage of marine life ( we saw more here than at other resorts).
The dive school was very well run. My thanks to Taka who was excellent. I found some dives I had the instructor all to myself for a personal guided tour! Dive sites excellent!

Planning our return

by TripAdvisor Member DoryZurich

My husband and I visited Cocoa Island for 8 days during our honeymoon
in Feb 2007. We had diligently read all of the tripadvisor reviews before we booked, so we had an idea that it was a pretty special place. However, from the moment we were handed cold face towels and mineral water on the speedboat when we arrived, right through to the early morning picnic breakfast when we left, we felt totally spoilt.

Staff - friendly, attentive, non-intrusive. Rather than tipping every
time a member of staff does something helpful you have the opportunity to reward individuals at the end of your stay on the bill - much better solution to carrying change in your shorts.

Restaurant - fantastic food. New items on the menu every evening and a superb bar-b-q on one evening. Quite seafood orientated with asian influence. Breakfasts were to die for. We had a few meals in our villa - room service was impeccable. Wine list reasonably extensive and, given that they have a captive audience, not too expensive by other restaurant standards.

Rooms - we stayed in the Dhoni Loft Villa. Exactly as the pictures on the website look. More private than we expected. Huge flatscreen tv, DVD/CD player - TOP TIP they have UK plug sockets, so don't take adaptors! They also supply beach bag, flip flops, huge dressing gowns, decent hairdryer, spa shampoo, conditioner, body wash (I have sensitive skin and i could still use these products) - all in all, pack light as you don't need very much. shorts and t-shirt for dinner
is totally acceptable. Do not take high heel sandals as you're walking on sand to get to the restaurant!

Other guests - a real mix. Given the size of the island (12 mins stroll from one side to the other at low tide), we expected just couples, but there were a surprising amount of small kids around. Don't let this put you off. Although we stayed around our villa a lot of the time (it was large enough not to get cabin fever) we never
really heard the kids. And there's plenty of beach to have your own strip. Although the island was fully booked, it often felt like we were the only ones there.

Spa - standard. Nice massage, reasonably high prices, but good for a treat. Daily yoga offered which was a nice touch.

(Only small bug bear is that they changed any towel you touched twice a day. With 6 different sizes of towels in your room (from flannels through to the huge bath sheets), this must generate a HUGE amount of washing - which is unnecessary. We thought they should instigate the 'towel in the bath if dirty' policy which so many other
hotels adopt. Neither of us are particularly 'eco friendly' but the idea of dirty washing water being pumped into such a crystal blue sea, didn't do it for us.)

Would we go back? In a heart beat.

Yes it really is as good as they all say!

by TripAdvisor Member POOHCORNER

I wont bother to repeat all the superlatives already written about this hotel, I'll just simply say the reviews are all accurate. It is wonderful, and possibly the best small hotel I have ever stayed at, the staff were all superb. I read a few very minor grumbles in previous reviews about the menu being a little slow to change. No longer valid, new chef in place recently. New choices were added to the menu each day and it would be perfectly possible to eat a different dish every day if you stayed 2 weeks. We stayed in a 'loft villa' which was a superb room with spacious sundeck, and bedroom in the 'loft' level. If you can afford it, go (and because the drinks etc are priced in US dollars, it's not so bad for UK travellers at the moment). I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Small and Intimate...

by TripAdvisor Member ALI77

We stayed for 1 week and despite two days of rainy weather we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in a Dhongi suite and found it very spacious and comfortable. It was nice to have a private deck with steps leading directly into the sea. The resort is small as are only 33 rooms, so things are quite personal but all the staff are friendly and accommodating. We did the fishing excursion which was fun - we managed to catch quite a few fish which they then proceeded to cook for our dinner that evening!

Overall, this was an exceptional holiday and worth the extra cost - a small intimate and quiet resort which was a very relaxing place to forget all woes and stresses of City life! Definite recommendation.

All the reviews are right~ fantastic resort with an amazing staff!!

by TripAdvisor Member new2bali

My husband and I stayed at the resort for five days/ four nights at the dhoni suit. We left two days before the big tsunami... All I can say is that I really want to go back! Its an amazing resort with beautiful beach, wonderful staff, great food (really, really, good) and be sure to go full board because the food (from appetizer to main dish and desert) is beyond worth of the money! the breakfast is also wonderful!
loved the staff~ they were so friendly and helpful in everyway~
Its a very small resort but fully equipped with all you need for a intimate, private vacation! children are allowed here but don't worry~ most times we had the beach to ourselves and not to mention the crystal clear sea ocean right outside our balconey! The only downside to our trip is the speedboat to and fro from the airport. It was quite unsteady and stinked of motor oil. I was really nauseated. Other than that, we would love to go back anytime!

Expensive and worth every penny.

by TripAdvisor Member J698

Very relaxing island with large rooms and excellent food.

Good water sports with windsurfing, catamaran and kayaks.

The spa was very good (London prices).

The staff are friendly and efficient, but not over the top.

The only hiccup we had was the hot water wasn’t that hot on the first day. House keeping sent someone to the room immediately and installed a new boiler into the room the next mornin (arriving exactly at 11.00am, as had been agreed the night before).

Cocoa islandCocoa island

Cocoa Island?

by karaarnaudy

Has anyone stayed at the Cocoa Island resort? (By Como Hotels and Resorts) I saw a picture of one of the rooms and it looked very bare. Now, I am concerned that I am paying a lot of money but the accommodations will not be as luxurious as the price. Has anyone stayed there? Thank you.

Cocoa Island?

by karaarnaudy

RE: Cocoa Island?

by nakatcha

Yes. It was bliss. It was JUST before Como took it over but the rooms are pretty similar now - they just took out blinds and put in floaty curtains and painted the interiors and took out the TVs (thank God) and (I think) the hottubs from the rear deck. Don't set store by luxurious fittings. They don't matter. The place is gorgeous. The food was divine (Australian chef and other staff stayed on). Staff were fab. Island is stunning. Haven't seen the land rooms - they weren't there and the double-storey dhonis were just getting extended upwards from single. Baby sharks everywhere. Turtles. Even squid under the dhonis. Saw hundreds of dolphins.

Choosing resort: Cocoa Island vs. Soneva Gili

by Cocolisodos

Hello,

we are planning to spend few days of our honeymoon in Maldives. Not decided yet which resort. Our preferred choices (so far) are COCOA ISLAND and SONEVA GILI. Has anyone been in any of them? Which one would you recommend?

Also if we decided for Cocoa Island we were considering the One room Villa and have no idea about Soneva Gili- What rooms should we book in either one???

Thanks a lot for any tip and help you may give us!

Comments