Furanafushi Island, , 20-15

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ElinGlen's Profile Photo

What a treat

From our welcome in Male - and the boat ride where we stopped to watch the 30 odd dolphins who were swimming around us - to the departure from island - everything was purrfect.. We stayed in an Ocean Villa which was decorated with so much taste - bathroom with windows all around so you had a feeling you were outside - the outdoor shower, day bed, sunbeds, hammock and the sound of crashing waves - what could be better? We also loved the shark feeding at the Anchorage Bar at 17.30. It was fun to see the sharks, rays and Harry the Heron arrive around 17.00 and wait patiently for the food to be thrown. The sharks were more or less swimming between Harry's feet :) The food was lovely. I do not know what some reviewers found lacking at the breakfast buffet - they must live a VERY different life than me - there was everything from fresh fruit, to different breads, sausages, bacon, Danish, all kinds of eggs cereals and even rice and noodles.. I could have stayed at the breakfast for a good few hours. The SPA is something out of this world and well worth the monies you pay for treatments. We enjoyed a few of Don's Dowers with Ursula at the bar and they just got better and better :) What a lovely drink to watch the sunset with. Everything about this resort was lovely - staff were very friendly and on hand all the time. Again you made our stay a stay to remember.

Unique Quality: The Shark feeding at 17.30 is just lovely - the baby sharks come almost up on the beach to get the food - just wish I had a better camera to get better photos. There is no real reef snorkeling there but you can take a boat and it will take you to lovely reefs. But even so you have lovely fish around the island too. I have tried to upload photos but it failed - I shall try to add some at a later time.

More about Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa

Natural and Friendly Atmosphere

by gibreel about Full Moon Maldives

It is generally a fantastic resort. The staff are very friendly from the cleaners to the front office personnel to the excursions officers - always greeting and chatting with you.

The snorkelling guides will encourage and guide you especially the weak or non -swimmers.

Service is very good esp. the room service. We ordered just a burger and asked to be cut into half so 2 people can share but the order came in 2 plates with half a burger and same potion of veg and fries in each plate.

I'd highly recommend this resort. The water bungalows are a must-try but other rooms set-up are just as good. They offer stunning views.

The environment is pleasantly natural with nice flaura settings.

The resort thrives on its friendly and caring staff. The resort has 4 restaurants and a bar- great food and live band on 2 nites.

The resort has a nice waterfall pool.

Full Moon Beach Resort

by myriam_c about Full Moon Beach Resort, Furanafushi Island

Full Moon Beach is a 4* resort on the island of Furanafushi, 3.5 miles away from the capital Male (15 min. by speedboat).
The island has an irregular shape and is abt. 800m long and upto 300m wide.
Beaches are wide, there is a beautiful lagoon where the water bungalows are and the island has lush tropical vegetation. We stayed in one of their water bungalows at the lagoon which I would highly advise.
The bungalows are not very large and comfort is quite basic (although the A/C was good!). Minibar prices were exaggerated.
The view from the private balcony was superb however. A few stairs allowed direct access to the lagoon (spectacular snorkeling).

Don't Bother!

by alavan12 about Full Moon Resort

We got married in Sri Lanka then spend 7 nts in the Maldives atthe Full Moon Resort and then 3 nts in Dubai.
Would not recommend the Full Moon Resort at all. Watered down drinks, main restaurant like Butlins!, uninterested rep (well there's a surprise!), expected to pay more than average for food and drinks but not to this extent! Total opposite of what we expected the Maldives to be like.
The days were lovely, beautiful beach, clear sea, just like a swimming pool, glorious sunshine (when it wasn't raining).
Unfortunately we took a boat trip to another resort and realised we had dipped out and chosen the wrong resort completely.
Never mind, you live and learn!!!

Full Moon Beach Resort

by Sheila.

Full Moon Beach Resort is located in the North Male Atoll.

Beach bungalows are the best ones, those on the water dont worth it. If you book there, take a room in the first floor, with a balcony, it's the better kind of rooms.

This resort is a 4 stars one, the food is excellent and the staff very friendly. I really recommend that resort for a nice stay in the Maldives.

Snorkelling in the lagoon is average, but you can reach a lot of good spots for diving from there, and the diving staff is very nice !. The different blue colours of the water are unforgettable !

Was it a Full Moon?

by batgirl1001 about Full Moon Resort

A 4-star family oriented resort with lots of facilities. Staff were quite friendly and assisted me with my heavy luggage.

Big swimming pool, a great spa. Lots of people including kids and families. But also a lot of business people around too.

Reef, not so good. I suppose being 10 mins away from a busy capital Male has its effects on the water.

I only stayed 2 night though, enroute to Singapore. So I did not get to see much of the Maldives. However later on my second trip, as you can see later, I had a absolutely great time. Very close to Male and the airport. Lots of friendly, professional staff and a good resort for busy business types who are in the country to do business but prefer not to stay at the capital Male.

INdulge

by Fedzo about Full Moon resort

This is why people go to Maldives. Great place in genuine tropical surrounding. a place where all means of indulgance are available. Rooms are great with the nicest open air showers. Trying the Spa is a must. Ideal place for honeymooners where all u can do is make love, enjoy the beach, have a nice dinner and make love again.

A nice resort with water bungalows

by shash1010 about Full Moon Beach Resort

A nice 4 Star property. If you are looking for water-bungalows to stay in, this is a nice place for price to performance ratio :)
The service is good. The staff is courteous and helpful.
The breakfast, especially, was very nice.
We took this property as a part of Emirates Holidays package. The total cost for the return air-tickets (Emirates Airlines) and the property on Half Board basis was around USD 2200/- for 4 nights and 5 days for my wife and me.
Though I would not recommend taking the property on half-board if you are there for a short stay. The resort treats lunch as a part of half board.
The resort has 3 other restaurants apart from the main dining hall. We invariably ended up eating in one of the restaurants. Though they did give us discount on dinner of 15% if the restaurant we are taking dinner has a buffet or else a 10% discount for a-la-carte. A vacation to Maldives means that the resort you are on is your whole world for the duration. Thus, it has to be a good place. We were very happy with the one we picked up.
It had facilities for all kinds of water-sports like snorkeling, sailing, canoeing and deep-sea diving. They have a school from Euro-Divers on the resort.
There was a glass-bottom boat ride. It gives an amazing view of the reefs. Both of us really enjoyed it.So was the "Dolphin Cruise" trip.

Secondly, the food was great. We tried a few Maldivian dishes made of tuna and they were sumptuous. The resort offered a variety as far as food was concerned.

Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member serdarva

My wife and I went to Full Moon Maldives on our honeymoon, between 20-27 December 2005.
First of all, the resort & the island were lovely and the staff very kind and helpful.
We stayed in a Beachfront Cottage, which was very nicely and tastefully decorated, very clean and had a quite amount of room in it (76 square meters).
It was the peak season so the weather was perfect, the white sand beach and the turqoise colored sea were beautiful, and the nature of the island was just the tropical paradise we had dreamed of.
One important thing I want to mention is, the place is exactly what you see in the photos on its website, so you get what you see indeed, with no photo tricks or anything, which we know that is not the case for many other holiday resorts around the world.
We had a bed + breakfast deal, as we didn't prefer to stick to just 1 restaurant and thus we ate at all 5 restaurants. The food in general was very nice indeed, but not quite cheap. The spa was absolutely amazing, but again, not too cheap.
If you check out the other Universal Resorts, you will find that Full Moon is in fact one of the more 'affordable' resorts among the Universal Resorts chain, but we believe it is better value for the money than most of them.
Throughout my research which took me for months, I had been quoted equally high or even higher prices by some of the average, 3 star quality carribean resorts, and we were so glad in the end to have chosen Full Moon for our honeymoon where we received a full 5 star service.
One more thing by the way ; now there were honeymoon couples and also some families with children in the resort and everybody was happy. However this place seems more like it was designed for honeymooners... There are not many activities and fun on this island... It is peaceful, quiet and very romantic, but for one thing it is not fun for kids.
If I were to go once more with my wife, I'd go there again without hesitation. But if I were to go back with my family, wife and kids one day, this wouldn't be the place I'd pick.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member dillionmillion

We went to the Full Moon for 3 nights at the start of our honeymoon. Everything about it was amazing and it exceeded out expectations. We had a water bungalow which was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was divine.

The staff were always very courteous and the whole island was pristine. We really didn't want to move on, it was pure luxury and is highly recommended.

Can't wait to return!

by TripAdvisor Member SnorkellingQueen

Booked the holiday through Kuoni and flew from Manchester with Qatar Airways via Doha. We had a five hour wait at Doha to board the connecting flight to Male and this was tiring so would highly recommend flying from Gatwick on a direct flight.

Arrived at Male airport at 7am and after going through passport control etc, we were greeted by the Full Moon staff who whisked us off by speed boat to the island. This only took about 10 mins and they gave us ice cold water and cold towels. This was the start of things to come!

After check in, we were taken by buggy to our beach bungalow. We had initially wanted a water bungalow and none were available but we were not disappointed once we saw the beach bungalow. The room was immaculate, spacious and had a king size bed. There was also a mini bar and tv, stereo. The best bit was the outdoor bathroom which really took our breath away. The shower was so amazing that we never used the bath once during the whole fortnight! The bungalow also had a lovely decked patio at the back with views of the beach which we regularly took advantage of with a bottle of chilled wine from room service. The room service was excellent and everything came within minutes with the food being the same standard as the restaurants. Wilson, the room service boy deserves a mention. He was from India and the most lovely person ever. The world would be a much nicer place if we had more Wilson's!

Now, onto the food! We stayed B&B which I would highly recommend. Meals are taken in the Full Moon restaurant on HB and FB which was a bit like a canteen with loads of tables close together. That's ok for breakfast but not for a romantic meal for two!

There are four other restaurants which quite simply could not be faulted. The Sand Coast was great for lunches and overlooked the beach. The Baan Thai was authentic and the Atoll Grill was amazing. We had everything from chargrilled lobster to fillet steak to jumbo king prawns and it was the best food I have ever experienced on holiday and I have very high standards! Our favourite was the Casa Luna mediterranean. The tomato soup and brown onion soup was to die for and we had the best peppered fillet steak ever! But it was the whole experience of eating there. Fine dining with amazing food and attentive staff. It is more expensive to go B&B but well worth it!

We didn't think it was ridiculously expensive for food or drinks because you pay for what you get and the quality, quantity and service was impeccable but it is worth noting that everything is subject to a 10% service charge which can bump up the price a little. Make sure you take some USD too because you will want to tip!

We didn't do many trips but hired a speed boat a couple of times from the Full Moon watersports and went snorkelling to Bandos, Kurumba and Coral Garden. We also did the catamaran sailing and went snorkelling again to Bandos. Saw loads of beautiful tropical fish and some black tip & white tip reef sharks which was unbelievable to have them swimming alongside you! The Full Moon lagoon is also home to some black tip reef sharks and sting rays which came to the Anchorage bar every day at six to be fed. It was nice to sit and watch with a cocktail whilst the sun was setting.

If you get chance, then take a visit to the spa. I had a facial with neck and shoulder massage and a manicure and pedicure which was a lovely experience.

The Maldivians are wonderful, kind and friendly people and made the whole Full Moon experience absolutely unforgettable.

Full MoonFull Moon

HOW MUCH FARE FOR 2 ADULT AND 1 CHILED FROM MALE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

TO FULL MOON MALDIVES RESORT

Re: PRICE FOR TRANSPORTATION

by Heathfield

The most up-to-date price I've seen is US$75 per person for the return trip. But why don't you just contact the resort by email - reservations@fullmoon.com.mv - or phone - (960) 664 20 10 ?

Full Moon

by Wenders

Hi

My husband and I have just booked ourselves into the Full Moon Resort for 7 days in August (I've spent ages trawlling through all the posts so I promise I'm not going to ask about the weather!). We have decided to go B&B as we would like to have the choice about where we eat in the evening and we were prepared for the Maldives not being particularly cheap so everything seemed fine....Until I read a review somewhere by someone saying that the food was costing around 120USD a meal (for lunch!!!). I was hoping this was a typo, but in the same review he mentioned dinner was 150USD!

Is there anyone that can either put my mind at rest or prepare my credit card for the shock of it's life?!

Thanks in advance :o)

RE: RE: Full Moon

by Wenders

Thank you :) That's put my mind at ease!

Full moon resort

by bela2005

I am planning to go there on 24th November for our honeymoon. I have read some comments on the net that they are still in construction and that the beaches are so noisy and some areas are restricted and limited, and that the rooms have no quality. Anyone been there? We reserved deluxe room. Any opinion? Please help!!

RE: Full moon resort

by L777

I hope your honeymoon was beautiful.

Just wondering how you found Full Moon, as we are considering staying there. We were looking at over water bungalows, are these completed yet? Was there still a lot of construction in the area?

Any other information about your experience would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Laura

RE: RE: Full moon resort

by M5NVB

I am also interested in Full Moon beach resort - can anyone give any info. Looking to go in June - any idea what the weather will be like there and if the resort is complete now or if there are still building works going on?
Thanks very much