PO Box 2117

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

Fitness Centre

by LisaMJ about Taj Exotica, Maldives

The finess centre at Taj Exotica, Maldives suffices your holiday gym needs. It is located at the far end of the island, between the spa and the Deep End restaurant. It could perhaps do with some more CV equipment, even just a bike would help.

It it set over the water, with floor to ceiling windows all round, There are fans, but I still had to open all the doors to let the sea breeze go through.

It was always empty, which I can understand as there are better things to do! But the guilt of eating and drinking so much got hold of me so I visited the gym a few times. But still, having a run with an infinite view of the ocean ahead helped!

There are 2 treadmills, free weights, stomach cruncher, and 4 type weight station. There was a stero and Cd's, always bottles of water , and apples.

Games Room

by LisaMJ about Taj Exotica, Maldives

Situated above the library and boutique, up a central flight of steps, is the games room.

It can get quite hot in here despite the fans, but it's a great place to relax.

There is a pool/billiards table, chess, board games, and a Sony Playstation PS2!

Again, it's all polished wooden floors, and set within the vaulted ceiling.

We used to have a game of pool after dinner while we finished our wine.

Theres matresses, plump cushions, and bean bags, scattered around, for a truly relaxing time.

Indulge!!

by LisaMJ about Mandara Spa at Taj Exotica, Maldives

There is a large Mandara Spa at the tip of the island.

You enter the reception villa, with calm surroundings, and incense burning. If you are having a massage, they approach you with 4 oils, for you to choose which one you want. You are then brought cold face towels and ginger tea.

You exit the back of the reception villa. It is a courtyard setting, with central water feature, and spa villas to your left, right and straight ahead.

The larger '2 person' spa villas are big and have a toilet, double shower, windows seats, 2 massage beds, and round jacuzzi, and door opening out onto a deck with sunloungers, which is on stilts over the ocean. Even the single spa villas are similar, just smaller.

Agung, the Spa Manager is a lovely, humble man, and will take good care of you. We had a 'Harmony' Package together. If you are female you get some most attractive paper pants - they leave the villa while you change always. Men having a body scrub will also wear the paper pants, but are given cotton boxers for other treatments.

It started with a footsoak, then I had a Javanese lulur scrub, and my husband had a coffee scrub. We showered the 'gunk' off, and then had a lavender body wash. After, we were given privacy and enjoyed the jacuzzi for 20 mins or so, while we were served cookies with the juice revitalising drinks we had optionally ordered before. After this, we had a Balinese massage.

This package last 1.5 hours and cost $125 each I believe. Throughout the stay, we also had Indian Head Massages, which included an upper body massage, $60 each. My husband had their Signature Mandara massage, 2 therapists working in harmony for maximum results, I believe this was $90. As a treat I had pedicure, which included foot scrub and massage for $30.

Curries & Desserts!

by LisaMJ about 24 Degrees, Taj Exotica, Maldives

The first night we arrived, I ordered the homestyle chicken curry and rice. I expected to receive one plate with a serving of chicken curry and rice, but my my I was wrong.

An empty plate was placed in front of me. One waiter served rice onto my plate, another approached with the curry and served me. The the first waiter returned with a lentil dahl. Then a bowl of nan. Then 2 spicy popadums, then a pretty platter with mango chutney and pickles. All of the above was squeezed onto the table, and each time I reached to serve myself (happlily) some more rice or curry, one of the waiters would quickly stop me, take the bowl and say 'No Maam, let me do that for you'. They really did treat you like royalty, add to that the fantastic curry and I was happy as Larry.

The duet of chocolate parfaits was so beautifully presented that I photographed it. The smug look on y husbands face is actually embarrassment.

Infinity Pool at Taj Exotica, Maldives

by LisaMJ

The pool here is great, it's infinity style, surrounded by wooden decking one side, and overlooking the sand/sea the other side. There are several sunbeds available. There is also a ledge around the edge of the pool in the deeper section, which is great for sitting on while reading a book .

Once you get to the pool, within seconds one of the poolside attendants, (in our case it was nearly always a lovely man called Shamil) would be on hand to help you lay your towel out (!) and place 2 bottles of cold water on your table. Before you even finish the last drop, he was back with fresh bottles.

The pool was never too crowded, although on one or two days we got there a bit later and so had to settle for a sunbed in the shade, and when one became available in the sun we moved to that.

So, if you are a sun bunny, get to the pool a little earlier - but naturally in a resort such as this you'll look a very sad person sunbed reserving one person did !!?? (as you would in any hotel)

Taj Exotica Resort & spa Maldives

by LisaMJ about Bathroom

Here is a picture of the fantastic bath, overlooking the lagoon.

The glass is one way so nobody can see in *except at night!!!* One day I was sat on the lower deck with drink in hand, and looked up to the bathroom to see my naked husband in the bathroom, I left it for a few minutes teling him he was on full display ;-) There is a blind but this makes little/no difference.

However, we never saw anyone going past our room anyway, so the risk of being spotted was low, and by the end of our 11 nights there we'd forgotten and walked around the bathroom at night like Adam and Eve anyway ;-)

One of the best

by LisaMJ about Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives

The Taj Exotica was everything we had hoped for & more.

We were on the boat, sipping ice cold water, & patting our faces with lemon scented flannels within 20 mins of arrival. 10 mins later we were at the hotel.

Khalis from Front Desk showed us round the hotel, an orientation tour. It didn't take long! The island is 770 yds long & 30 yds wide. He showed us to our room, Lagoon Villa no. 125. So after landing at 9am, we were in our room admiring the view by 10am.

The picture depicts the view from our spacious deck, which had 2 sunbeds, dining tables & 2 chairs, & of course an infinite view of the lagoon. Steps lead down to a smaller deck, & then a ladder into the water.

We had tried to book a deluxe beach villa w/plunge pool, & were very disappointed when told that ALL the beach villas were booked. We then considered the deluxe lagoon villas, which although a little but more expensive, were marginally smaller, so we decided against these, (although they are detatched) I imagined arriving and being envious of the other 2 rooms types, but I have to stay if I went again tomorrow, I would again ask for lagoon villa number 125. It's in the centre of the island; the very last lagoon villa and very private. So to the right of the villa was only greenery, & it's far from the 'traffic' going to Front Desk, bar & main restaurant.

2 points:
The convenience of being a 10mins from the airport is great, but use your head, this means you are close to Male. At night you can see the twinkling lights of Male in the distance (unless you are in a deluxe lagoon villa on right hand side). We thought this was pretty cool to watch, but someone expecting isolation be warned. Also, being close to the airport, common sense tells you that you will hear planes. It wasn't obtrusive, & fun to watch, but others may be different. I mention these points because I read a review where someone took exception to these facts, but research is the key!

These things are a drop in the ocean compared to the overall quality of Taj Exotica. This hotel is an asset to the Taj name, and truly deserves it's 5* deluxe rating. We researched intensely before this trip, as we do with all our holidays, so we could gauge a pretty good idea of what to expect.

The service. Second to none, in friendliness and efficiency. Enough said.

I would recommend the hotel in an instant, and will be begging you to take me with you.

Honeymoon at the Taj

by TripAdvisor Member jazz2

My Husband and I spent 7 quiet nights at this beautiful and tranquil island and it was pure luxury. We booked a Deluxe Beach Villa with plunge pool and it is by the far the best on the island. (If you are booking be aware that 1/2 the Lagoon Villas are overlooking Male airport ......not the best view). Our room was attented to 3 times daily and in the evening when we returned from dinner we found rose petals which were scattered from our inside bathroom to the outside shower. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome as soon as we arrived by speed boat nothing was ever too much trouble. The food is fabulous and we would advise when booking to go for the meal plan i.e. (breakfast & evening meal) as failure to do so might make your credit card cry!!. P.S. The Garlic soup is to die for!. Everything is charged to your room so you do not need cash money unless for tipping purposes.
Everyday we not only seen and swam with the most exotic of fish but we also encountered a black tip shark (not dangerous) while out snorkelling. When snorkelling wear a t shirt as you would get burnt very easily in a short space of time. Excursions are a little expensive but if you travel with the right tour operator you will receive 1 or 2 complimentary.
All in all this was an amazing experience and would love to return to the Maldives and would have no hesitations about booking the Taj Exotica again.

As good as it gets?

by TripAdvisor Member araf

Booked as a suprise for a birthday after extensive research and after a great review on virtualtourist.
Stayed in a Lagoon Villa no 114 which has the benefit of being near reception and the 24 degrees restaurant and dvd hire. The deluxe lagoon villas are more private but a little out of the way and perhaps a bit austere. The lagoon villas are set amongst some trees and our had a view out to the reef and an uninterrupted horizon.
What sets this place apart from the the other five star resorts is that all of the food is from an a la carte menu, there is no buffet in sight. All of the food was spectacular.
We were on half board terms but by way of note the nightly dinner bill came to around $135 for two including still water at $8 and Tiger beer at $7 per bottle.
For the special birthday the hotel gave a present and we ate in the Deep End Retaurant where we had a free glass of Champagne and a great dinner under the supervision of Didi. Bill for the meal with a bottle of Marlborough Cab Sauv at $54 was $176. Our butler had run a hot bath, sprinkled with rose petals and lit candles for our return to the room.
Resort was very quiet with only a few children and a lot of Japaneses newly weds.
Snorkling from the diving platform was an experience not to be missed although there was other good snorkling around the Deep End restaurant.
We booked on the trip to a local village and a deserted island. the trip to the fishing village of Maafushi was very interesting and ended in the visit to a craft store but it was good to see some of the Tsunami relief money being spent on a new school and sports hall.
We then visited the deserted island of Maadhu Finolhu which was great until approx 100 Italians arrived after half an hour which spoilt the whole place. There had only been 10 of us prior to then. It would be a wise decision if the Taj chose another island for this trip.
For a relaxing stay with superb food and with no kids clubs and late night bars the Taj Exotica cannot be faulted.Many thanks to Vikram the manager and to reception staff,Davina, Hassan, Nadeem, and in 24degrees- Rakesh, Ali and Sajitha and all other staff who addressed you by name from day oneand made you feel so special.

Relaxing Holiday at the Taj

by TripAdvisor Member JLOLancashire

We booked this resort after much consideration as it was our first holiday abroad with our daughter aged 13 months and we didn't want the hassle of another flight once we arrived in Male. From the moment we arrived at the resort Vikram, the General Manager, and his staff simply couldn't do enough to ensure that we had everything we wanted (including providing a push chair which they shipped over from Male as our own had been lost in transit by Emirates) The food was excellent and they prepared whatever we asked for for our daughter. We stayed in a deluxe beach villa with pool which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you are looking to stay in the Maldives on an island with a "castaway" feel to it then you will find this resort is too close to Male and the airport, however, if like us you are wanting to stay at a resort with excellent food and service in beautiful surroundings with a relatively short transfer time then I would fully recommend this resort.

Approaching Taj Exotica, MaldivesApproaching Taj Exotica, Maldives

Taj Exotica Maldives, SnorkellingTaj Exotica Maldives, Snorkelling

Taj Exotica, MaldivesTaj Exotica, Maldives

24 Degrees, Taj Exotica, Maldives24 Degrees, Taj Exotica, Maldives

makunudu

by gramoo

we have booked for 17th nov 2004 to stay on Makunudu, has anyone else been and can I expect good weather. Any info welcome

Re: makunudu

by juhaa

yes u can expect good weather in nov.here is the website of that resort.
i've never been there.
if u need to know anything abt maldives feel free to ask me.
cheers.

Re: makunudu

by qw234as

I would look elsewhere. Details there: (can't post the lot here because of the 2047 character limit)

Comments