2/1 Neeloafaru Magu,

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Kuredu Island Resort

Beautiful resort among the Northern Atolls

by Valkyrian about Kuredu

We enjoyed a fantastic honeymoon staying in a water villa at Kuredu. Our villa was absolutely stunning with very modern furniture. We had a two level terrace and a ladder into the sea. Excellent dive centre with knowledgable instructors from all over the world (covered several languages). Apparently Asia's largest dive centre.

push the boat out and go for a water villa

by DOUGALSMUM about sangu water villas

if you are going to kuredu you have the oportunity to stay in one of their FANTASTIC water villas, the villas are large airy , tastefully decorated with tea/coffee facilities and cd player, they have a very large balcony-and then steps down to your own sundeck, with two large sunloungers on it, which in turn then has steps down into the lagoon -heaven. As a guest at the sangu water villas you also have an exclusive restaurant and bar area only for use by water villa and jacuzzi villa guests As a whole kuredu had lots of good facilities , a lovely pool area and attractive bar and restaurant area, but without doubt the best part of my stay in kuredu was the accomodation -the water villa was outstanding.( just a shame the service did not live up to it )

Kuerdu island

by sarah333 about kuredu island

This whole island like all islands in the Maldives is a resort. One of the more lively resorts and more likely to bump into people then on the quieter more secluded islands. The food was good (although we both got ill!) The island was beautiful and we had a fantastic time. View, beaches (although crabs everywhere) sea, friendly people

Paradise on Earth

by HEB about Meeru, Kuredu, Lohifushi, Bandos, Fihalhohi,Reethi

FANTASTIC
Highly recommended
WOW factor all round
5* Service
Snorkelling and views breath taking
Complete chill out experience
I am hooked for life. Breath taking views
5* facilities and service
High standard of accommodation to suit all budgets
Peace and quiet (apart from the sound of the ocean)
Being only a matter of a few paces from the beach and ocean
Uncrowded beaches....where do all the people go?

by HEB about Kuredu island resort

Visited April 2005
Amazing
Large island with several restaurants and bars, plenty of ammenties, water sports etc.
Although everything somehow remains to be low key, and I haven't a clue where all the guests go, hardly seeing anyone when walking around the island.
Snorkelling is fantastic, reef accessable from the beach.
Accomodation to suit all budgets.
Basic bungalows are on the beach front and suprisingly are detatched.
Wooden beach villas are the best I have stayed in at this level of accomodation, worth the extra for a special treat, even though you won't spend that much time in there.
Long stretches of sandy beach.
No shoes accepted at all time, although take the flip flops as some of the tracks on the island are rough / hot under foot.
Casual or smart dress acceptable. Snorkelling with turtles!!!!
Brit cruise - full day cruising- max people on board 16. Several stops for snorkelling at various locations including a wreck. Cabana on board to shade from the sun & meals & drinks (soft) drinks included- great experience.
Reef and Beef is a must at the beach grill sat on the deck (or beach) under the stars.
Late breakfast ($6pp) at Franco's after one or two cocktails two many the night before in the Akiri bar.

Embudu Village- basic but great

by Jill2002

22nd April to 9th May 2008
Just returned from a wonderful 18 days visit to Embudu. Rooms:- The rooms are basic, but who spends time in their room? They were spotlessly clean. We were staying in No. 26 which has no view of the beach and if we were staying in the Beach Bungalow for the whole holiday, we probably would have asked to move. They had indoor bathrooms, which is quite unusual in the Maldives. However, we upgraded to a Water Bungalow for the last 10 days and it was lovely. The shower was better in this room and there was a jacuzzi bath. It was still an indoor bathroom, but has a glass roof. There was also tea/coffee facilities and TV in the room. The balcony over the water and the glass floor were great, however, it is almost impossible to sit on the balcony for any length of time in the morning, when the sun is on it - it is just too hot!!!! This is the less windy side of the island. But don't be fooled - that is NOT a good thing!!!! The heat can be unbearable without the air movement. There was no access to the water from the balcony, but the reef is shallow there. Food:- The food was excellent. I am a fussy eater and there was always something for everyone, plenty of variety over the holiday. We had MOOSA as our waiter. He is the BEST !!!! He was great fun and always had a smile. Ask him to show you his magic tricks!! In the restaurant, you sit at the same table for each meal and share with other guests of the same nationality. Staff:- All the staff are very friendly and react when you give them a smile and say hello. Special mention to Nadee and Udani in the bar. They really looked after us. Diving:- The Diverland dive centre was good and very strict on safety. Paul didn't do any of the boat dives, but just stayed on the house reef - there was plenty to see. We got to know the staff quite well and were sorry to see Manuel leave and happy that Arjan (Stretch) arrived while we were there. What a lovely man - he will be a great asset to the centre. Snorkling:- Plenty to see all around the island even at the waters edge. Lots of small sharks skimming the shore and loads of variety of fish just a short walk/swim away. Some people saw turtles and a Manta Ray while snorkling. Even if you don't go into the water, there is lots to see just off either jetty. Mozzies and other wildlife:- They sprayed the island whilst we were there. I still got bitten, but I usually do. Embudu is no worse than any where else I have visited. There were a few cats on the island, which I assume was to keep any nasties at bay- we didn't see any. There is an Aviary near reception with loads of budgies, a few cockateels & finches. A few fruit bats on the island. Entertainment: Disco night on Sunday, Diverland slideshow and a magician/acrobat. Guests:- There are a variety of guests staying on Embudu. German, French, Swiss, Dutch, Japanese, American (only one - the lovely Lisa!) and of course now British (yes Richard, this includes the Welsh!!). Apparently, this is the first time in the Thomson brochure, since it's merger with TUI. There are not many British guests at any one time, the island is predominently German. To sum up:- This is our third visit to the Maldives (previously Lohifushi and Kuredu). Although Embudu is a budget island, there is nothing missing. The only thing that I could possibly say that was disappointing, was the vision of the sandbags as soon as you arrive. It sort of spoils the 'natural/paradise' feel, but I understand the reason for them and they are necessary. Whilst we were there, the sandbank changed shape completely. Would we go back to Embudu? Definately.

Kuredu fantastic for active kids & teenagers too !!

Recently got back after 10 days on Kuredu. Most of the other reviews tell of couples having a great time there, but it's also great if you've got kids ( especially active ones ). I took myself ( a single-parent Dad ) and my 14 year-old daughter and 15 year-old son there for an extended half-term break. To quickly sum up the good and not-so-good :
Pluses :
- fantastic for snorkelling, both on the calm house reef ( where we saw turtles every time out, eagle rays and bigger parrotfish and range of other fish, eels etc. than in most other sites visited in Carribean, Bahamas, Cayman etc.) and on the boat-trips through the ProDivers snorkel centre.
- ProDivers staff, particularly Cam and Kirst and the boat crews
- our beach bungalow was pretty good, but the beach villas had the better location in terms of being on the side with the calmer sea and closer to most amenities ( having said that, a 10 minute walk to breakfast, barefoot along a sandy path was not exactly a problem !! )
- good resort facilities, pool, beautiful beaches, water sports etc
- better food than expected in the all-inclusive restaurant, especially the choice and amount of fresh veg & fruit. Less seafood that expected ( though possibly more choice in the a-la-carte restaurants ? )
- friendly resort staff
- fantastic views from seaplane ( all seats full both directions, but all luggage also on plane so not sure when luggage does/doesn't have to go by boat )
... and now the minuses :
- relatively long ( 2 hours ) wait for seaplane on outward journey
- less mosquitoes than in many European beach destinations, but they didn't seem to realise they are not supposed to come out and bite during the daytime ( are they ? ) !!
- not enough sun loungers in the pool area by the looks of things ( we were happy with towels under a palm tree though overlooking the Indian Ocean though ! )
- my kids decided I was right all along and they would like to try diving - but decided right at the end of the holiday - oh, well we will just have to go back sometime then !!
All-in-all, plenty for active kids, teenagers and their parents to do ( assuming they like water ! )in a fantastic, beautiful part of the world..

Pure Paradise

I have been to Kuredu twice now and both times I could not fault it in any way. This is place people dream of. The second time we went we spent three wonderful weeks there and at no point did we want to come home...in fact tears were shed on our departure! What more can I say....?

Lovely Island

We stayed in Kuredu during the first week of November and the weather was absolutely fantastic, in fact too hot at times. The staff on the island were lovely, except perhaps for the young man who brought our bag to our room.

We stayed in the Sangu resort in a water villa and unlike a previous review we did have the sun on our sun deck from about 10am for the whole day.

The beach was gorgeous, very clean and beautiful white sand. We were disappointed about the lack of shade around the pool and on the beach, no umbrellas were provided considering there was little natural shade.

The only other complaint that we had was that we were unable to take a drink back to our room. We paid for all inclusive and yet had to pay extra if we wanted a drink as we had to get it from the mini bar.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our honeymoon and are pleased that we chose the island of Kuredu

by bunniez101

This was our first visit to the Maldives , and , despite all the hype about how good it was , we were not sure what to expect. When you add to this the fact that we knew very little of any of the Maldivian islands ,and we booked the holiday on the pics in a brochure , and affordability , we flew out with our fingers crossed. We honestly need not have worried. The beaches were beautiful , the staff were wonderful, the weather was fantastic , and all we had to do was sit back and enjoy it.
Despite being one of the bigger islands , with about 300 rooms , Kuredu generally didn't feel too large when you were on the beach or in the bar during the day. The pool area , was reasonably busy all the time , but who needs a pool when you've got all that ocean to swim in. The bars were obviously busier in the evenings , but it never became too frantic. The food -and there was plenty of it - was a bit repetative , but pretty good , and finally the sunsets..........WOW

pool on kuredupool on kuredu

Leaving KureduLeaving Kuredu

saeplane moored at kuredusaeplane moored at kuredu

sangu bar, Kuredusangu bar, Kuredu

kuredu

by thedougaldog

Just heading there on our honeymoon, what like is the resort? Also, we are not sure what currency is best to use and what type of adapter do we need for electricity?

Re: kuredu

by Heathfield

You'll find everything is priced in US$, which are universally accepted throughout the Maldives. You may not even see any local currency except as small change on purchases. Take smaller notes for tips. All resort expenditure is normally added to your final bill which is payable by credit card.

Electricity is UK standard on Kuredu.

For what it's like, you can read some reviews at:- http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/13652-Lhaviyani_Atoll-Kuredu_Island_Resort-Holiday-Review.html

Re: kuredu

by marymjcj

You will find absolutely everything you need to know here even a live web cam. http://www.kuredu.com/community/Default.aspx

by Ffiona

Hi!

I'm planning a holiday for next September, and thinking of going to the Kuredu resort. It sounds lovely in the brocheure - has anyone been there, and if so, what's it like?

I'd appreciate your help!!!

Ffi

by HEB

Hi
Sorry Haven't been to Kuredu just yet, we go April 05. Although I have been to Meeru, which was fantastic, everything we expected on our first trip to the Maldives, plus a lot lot more. Kuredu is supposingly very similar to Meeru, which is why we have booked. We wanted to try a few more islands before returning to Meeru, which we would like to do someday, and Kuredu seemed to have everything we wanted for a return trip to the Maldives. Have a look on their website at the guest book (www.kuredu.com) if you haven't already done so. Also type in Kuredu in the Keywords on the forum search facility to see what other people say.
H.

by DOUGALSMUM

Depends what you want from your holiday, I went to kuredu and hated it as it was far too crowded and lively for me (all I want is a deserted beach and a good book), although I can say the food and water villas were excellent, if you want to do lots of activities while on holiday it will be right for you. In a nutshell- i would not go again , but I would reccomend my 24 year old son to go and he would love it there. Have a look at my maldives page (number 2 on the list of top 5 maldives pages-DOUGALSMUM) there is a lot more info and pictures of kuredu there, make sure you look at the travellogues as there are some good photos of kuredu and the water villas.If you do go make sure that you get the seaplane transfer as the boat transfer apparently takes for ever!

by karendunn

hiya, we went to kuredu about 2 year ago it was the first island so we had nothing to compare it to, it was lovely the water villas had just been built so they were brand new and lovely i could not fault them i would not like to have been in the standard rooms however the beach and jacuzzi villa were very nice. i enjoyed the food but hubby got a funny belly, the marine life wasnt that good however the snorkling trip was brill, we then went to kuramathi and the water bungalows there were better furnished but they both had their pluses and minuses, 1 being you had to pay for mini bar in kuredu but kuramathis was free and the service was better too but i have no faults really cos if i had nowhere to compare it to it would been the best place id been bt cos i have its now the 2nd. and the beach was lovely.
kaz

Komandoo or Kuredu?

by puferfish

Help me choose I'm torn I have visited Reethi and Velavuru before, I know one is smaller?
Laura

Re: Komandoo or Kuredu?

by leaJ

I'd choose Kuredu over Komandoo. It's cheaper and it is bigger. There's just too many activities to do in Kuredu.

And you're lucky you've been to the One&Only Reethi Rah. They were named 'Number one in the World' by Condé Nast Traveller UK Readers in 2007.

When are you planning to visit the Maldives again?

Comments