Nalaguraodhoo
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Palm Beach Resort

Paradise

by ludolu about Palm beach resort

Wonderful. Look at the website:
www.palmbeackmaldives.com
Everything is like what you see. Two marvellous sand beach at the extreme of the island. The shape of the island reminds a seagull.

Top class Italian resort

by PALLINA about Palm Beach Resort

Palm Beach Resort in the Laivani atoll offers what a tourist expects from Maldives: relax in a terrif place, accurancy of the service without being oppressive, every kind of services at reasonable price (pls consider "reasonable prices" by comparing it with other resorts. I know it's definitely very expensive). First of all, this island is the biggest of the atoll and 2km long. Every guest can utilize a mountain bike (free of charge) or, if you are really lazy, there are golf-car that everyone can call from the room. there are more or less 100 rooms which are small single houses but the island is relatively big so, in every place you stay, the impression is to be in perfect solitude, you with your sweet-hearted-half! (I do not reccomend to go there ALONE or with a group of friends...for honey-moon is perfect, for a family too). Beaches are wonderful, basic rooms are very big and spacious (with the typicaly maldivian bathroom), the food is very good (both Italians and Maldivians in the kitchen) and the animation group very discrete. Just a solo-singer after dinner! Very big island to be at the Maldives. You can walk for an hour or make jogging. The ratio quality/price is very good.

Sunset beach bungalow at Palm Beach resort...............................

by maldivi

We booked sunset beach bungalow at Palm Beach resort at the end of November. As we are travelling with ten years old kid ,we would like a quiet section of the beach, rooms close to the sea and lagoon good for swimming. Which room numbers to go for ? Good advice will help us a lot.
How far from the main restaurants are sunset bungalows? Thanks for the advice...

Weather in Maldives

by telski

Hi there, Just joined VT and looking for any info on weather ,climate,etc in the Maldives, was thinking about going in August next year,any help would be great.

by LisaMJ

There are 2 monsoon seasons in the Maldives, one last from Dec - end of April, the other from May - end Nov.

Statistically, the wettest months are June and July. December to April are the best months.

According to the Conde Naste Traveller magazine (www.cntraveller.com) August is overlooked by many people as a good time to go.

In saying all this, I think it can be the luck of the draw, I've had a friend go in July who had fantastic weather - rain late late at night, and sunny during the day, yet another friend went in February and had not very good weather at all.

If August is when you are planning, I would suggest the later into the month the batter.

Try typing in Maldives into the top left hand corner (places search), and you'll bring up members Maldives pages - some of them may have visited in July and commented on the weather.

by ludolu

I spent tree weeks in maldives last Agost. Just came back! Sigh.. Weather was during the day was dry and hot, but frequently interrupted by raining. It was pouring with rain just for 10-20 minutes at most, but then sunny and hot again. Raining lasts more during night... The problem is with the sea, that is often rough and it's quite noise to do snorkelling. This periodo is good to see Mantas, because there's a lot of plancton.
I was in Lhavijani Atoll, at Palm Beach Resort. I fall inlove with the place. Probably will go back in Decmber time..

by telski

Thanks for the info Lisa - much appreciated. If you ever want to know about Scottish weather fell free to ask!!!!

by telski

Thanks for the info Ludolu - much appreciated. If you ever want to know about Scottish weather fell free to ask!!!!

by Beestie

Hi

We were in the Maldives August 03 and had fantastic weather. It tended to rain during the night but the days were hot and very sunny. We saw rain on 2 occasions during the fortnight, both times we watched the raincloud approach the island and then watched it disappear within 5 minutes.

We've booked to go back to a different resort for next August, and wouldn't have done that if we'd had bad weather!

by sierralyndon

I concur with the other VTers who responded. I was there in August a couple of years ago for one week, and got a good week. It rained for a whole 5 minutes during our entire stay there. However we heard that the week before and the week after, they didn't have such great weather.

by MattTB

I went there in Early September, check out my Maldives page for details....

Comments