3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Faamudheyri Magu, Male

More about Club Faru

Is Club Faru 4 U

by TripAdvisor Member Kangarookate

If you pay around £700 then its value for money. Food very good but never very warm. Rooms are OK - only yards from the sea, we were on the ground floor but never saw any ants as many others have said. My advice is to take a Glade Plug in Air Freshner as the rooms do smell a little. Staff are very friendly. Our room boy may have been a little lazy as he asked every morning did we want our room cleaned, most days I said NO as there's no need, but I think he took this as we didn't want it done in the evenings either. The two weeks we were there the weather was not brilliant - the guy who ran the Dive Centre said its the worst he had seen in 10 years. Overall its good value for money if you want good food, diving and the sunshine (usually).

Club Med Faru is the best Club...

by walsing

Club Med Faru is the best Club Med that I've stayed at. It is very beautiful and very relaxed.
It is an adult club and includes on scuba dive per day at no extra cost.
Was great value

Club Med Faru

by jaypride about Club Med Faru

like most of other resorts in Maldives, the price included 3 meals a day.. all buffets.. the quality is okay consider it actually has some sort of variations every nite...
The guest rooms are okay but i think Faru is actually a bit old and so are the facilities.. the air-con is not working all the time and it always stopped working in the middle of the nite.. but hey.. its maldives.. so dont expect to have TV or radio or telephone in ur room...
But the staffs are not as friendly as i expected though... Faru provides a lot of free stuffs for its guests... it is actually worth to go if u r a diver.. cuz it provides complimentary dive once every day to the guests.. and if u dont know how to dive.. u can learn it free at the resort.. actually it provides free training for a lot of other water sports.. like sailing and cannoying.. etc..
There's also free snorkelling trips to different places everyday.. which is great for me cuz i am not really that great a swimmer... my favorite trip is to a deserted island where we can do snorkelling all day and have this band to play live music when we enjoy our BBQ lunch...

Maldives airport hotel

by Doug767 about Hulhule Island Hotel

Ideal to stay the night before/after your flight, but not the place for a 'romantic' break! 3 to 4 star standard accomodation.
Bedrooms are clean, with minibar. (remember to switch on the hot water switch in your bedroom for hot water!)
Internet access in the reception/pool area (wifi)
The hotel restaurant, the 'Faru', is fine. Breakfast served there as well.
Excellent pool area, with pool bar. Snacks served. Weekly 'poolside' BBQ.
'Captains Fun Pub' hotel bar area. Good bar snacks served. (pool table, dart board)
Situated on the 'Airport Island', but well soundproofed from the aircraft noise.
Free regular ferry to Male Island.
US $ accepted.

good food good company

by TripAdvisor Member aikidoboy

had a great time at club faru,me and my wife had a fantastic time we had some rain in fact quite a lot. The food was very good with a difrent theme each day if you like fish then youll love it here.Met some nice people there [phill and susan] who made our holiday an adventure ? The snorkeling trip twice a day was great my wife could not believe she was swiming with a shark [nether could the shark] zita the tour rep was very helpfull and all club faru staff very polite. look forward to seeing next year.

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member jaynenewcastle

just returned from club faru on monday, we were only there for a week and all have to say about this holiday was fantastic!
i have read previous reviews about this hotel, Yes the rooms are Basic, Yes u can see some civilisation and Yes you do see some planes fly over, but so what!! if u want to be totally secluded and have a fantastic rooms with tv etc you will have to pay a hell of alot more, to be honest i would go back tmrw. the Staff were all brilliant the first choice rep very helpfull. i have two tips for others going 1 turn the bathroom and toilet lights on before having a shower otherwise u will be having a cold shower. 2 up grade to the VIP area in Male airport on your return visit for $16 each this was extremly well worth it frinks food and internet access all included. final words about club faru is that for the money you are paying it is extremly well worth it dont be put off by bad reviews judge for your self i did and im sooo glad i did! enjoy!!!

dont go!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dianeupton

If you have been to the maldives before you will hate this island, however, if club faru is your fist visit then dont be fooled this is not a true maldivian experience.
Having had a wonderful holiday at kuredu last year we couldnt wait for our holiday to club faru. We were very disappointed. The room was very basic with a broken shower. The food was cold having queued for every meal. We had to get up at the crack of dawn every morning to put our towels on the sun beds!! AARR!!! There were hardly any fish in the surrounding water unless you fancied snorkling along a sewage pipe where there was some coral! Not for me!! Brandy was not part of the all inclusive package. $24 for 2 brandies. The service was very poor. Basically the holiday was a low standard. Having spoken to the rep it was made clear that it was a 3 star resort and not to expect anything better!! Take my advice. Pay a liitle extra for 4 star its worth it. Clu Faru is not an exclusive retreat as advertised in brochure. Travel that bit further and you will experience paradise!!

great place

by TripAdvisor Member malc&jackie

We arrived at male early morning, the transfer to the island was quick and efficient. When we arrived at faru it was raining so we were a bit dissapointed, but we didn't let that cloud our judgement. The check in to our rooms was good and prior to our arrival I had e-mailed requesting an upstairs room which we were given.We actually regret this now as the downstairs rooms may have been a bit musty but they had a lovely seating area where you could go to dodge the rain or escape the sun for a while.Our experience of the food was positive, we never had a cold meal, in fact quite a few of the meats and pastas were being cooked while you wait so it was always fresh and hot., we also never expereinced any queues while getting our meal.We did go on the included trip to male which was okay, but having been once would probably not return.We never went on any other excursions but the choice was there should you want it.We did go for the a la carte meal on the beach, it was five courses, excellent food and I only paid $7 for a double brandy , and even on the price list I never saw brandy that could cost $24 for two. The all inclusive package also states that brandy is not included. The meal on the beach including the brandy cost us $80 for the two of us-well worth it.The rep here Zita is one of the nicest and most helpful reps we have ever met.
The brochure and club faru web site states there is no in house reef but the hotel put on two free snorkelling trips per day, so even though there may not be too many fish, the opportunity to see them is still there if you take the trip.
Our waiter Waseem was a real character, but he was efficient and very friendly-he does a great? rendition of Groovy kind of love.
We have been to the Maldives before and yes this island is not quite as remote as some, but if you go for a 4star hotel you can expect to pay almost double what we paid for club faru, but I think sometimes you pay for the surroundings and plush interiors, I would sooner pay a little less and have good clean basic accomodation, good food and friendly staff.
We also shared a table with a lovely couple, Hi to Danny & Frances, and our drinking buddies Paul, Mel & Emma.
All in all if you want to go to the maldives not too bothered if male is in sight, then go to Club Faru you'll have a great time.

Great holiday.

by TripAdvisor Member 12singlemum

I am so pleased that I had read about Club Faru before going. I did not want to look out over the aiport island or Male so asked for 2 rooms on the other side of the island. Very pleased I did as the view would have been a huge disappointment. My view on the other hand was wonderful and it felt like we where miles from anywhere. It was just German tourists on this side but they spoke english and were very pleasant. I had 2 ground floor rooms as I travelled with 3 children. First impression was that they where smelly and although the fixtures and fittings where grubby and dated the rooms appeared to be freshly painted and the beds were very comfortable and clean. Also new floor tiles. Basic yes but that does not matter as there is a wonderful huge veranda with padded built in seating where one can lay back or sit and watch the wonderful view of the ocean till time for bed. This is where we would sit after our evening meal. The rooms where cleaned twice daily and the bed turned down at night. The apartments are only a few meters from the ocean. First impression of meals where they were cold. But on the positive note the choice was wonderful and so was the quality. Told food here better than on a lot of the other islands and I imagine that to be correct. After our first meal we did not notice that they where not hot. Service also very good. Beach lovely. Perhaps airport side slightly better as you could go straight in without stepping over a couple of meters dead coral. Our side beautiful soft sand also but a little bit of hardness under foot on first getting into the water and then wonderful soft sand again. Did not bother children or I in the slightest as we had beach shoes. We saw rays at the waters edge and found bits of coral here and there with wonderful coloured fish. There are free trips for snorkelling if you choose to go on them and I would have done if it had not been for the youngest children. Saying that, we were satisfied with the beautiful fish we did see. If you do not see many fish on one side of the island go and look at another side. They are there. You will see lots of bats come dusk and lizards etc. I was originally going to Dhonveli but changed islands due to sand being so poor on Dhonveli. Also Dhonveli looked like it lacked greenery. Club Faru was wonderful with lots of cocount palms. It is very lush and free from mosquitoes.I am so pleased that I went to Club Faru. First Choice rep Zita was wonderful and helpful. You couldnt wish for a nicer lady. All staff were super and very nice people. The children and I loved this holiday and were sorry to leave. This was our first trip to the Maldives and where I can accept that maybe it isnt the nicest of Maldive Islands it was a very special place indeed and for us it just holds great memories. Also the price was within our budget and it is one of the cheapest islands so you only get what you pay for. I would say without a doubt that it was well worth the money as it was all inclusive and had a free trip to the smallest capital in the world - Male + the free snorkelling trips if you wished. Hello to Helen and James one of the loveliest couples you could wish to meet. I do not know how anyone can leave this place and not have fond memories. Go and enjoy...........

...mmmmm...Maldives

by Kisu

"Club Faru island"

Club Faru island lies very close to the Male airport. Island is All Inclusive, so no need to worry about the money during the whole vacation.

It's also one of the most inexpensive islands. They don't have beach bungalows, but I've you're satisfied with basic hotelroom accommodation, it's great! I would name it a 3star hotel

Perfect island to relax and have fun...!

by cb34

We are going to Club Faru in May please can anyone tel me what weather to expect. Will it be mainly cloudy with rain or mostly sunshine with showers. Also any other information would be greatful.

Re: Club Faru weather

by jilld

hi, we too are going to faru in may, although i haven't been to this island before i have been to several others. 3 times in may. any rainy times are usually short bursts sometimes early evening or at night, very rarely cloudy, it has never been any bother to us. you will love it. jill

Re: Club Faru

by cant_wait

when in may are you going? we're going to club faru from manchester on the 10th.
I'm hoping the weather will be ok, from what i've read there might be brief showers in the evening

by lisabay

Hi, we are planning to go to club faru on nov 19th, just wondered what the weather is like that time of year, also I read that when you go to dinner you are always sat with someone else and you can't get a table for two. Has anybody been recently who can give me some more info on the place?

Thanks
Lisa

Re: Club Faru

by sioux2

lisa
not sure if you have been on other forums but there are lots of reports - in answer to do you get a table to yourself, when we were there, No you shared this is a common practise due to space restrictions. However the couples on Honeymoon did seem to get one. We enjoyed sharing, made new friends but didn't eat with them all the time, as we came down at different times - If it is really important to have a table to yourselves try contacting the island directly - they have their own website

Club faru

by shivbrown

Hi guys im going to club faru next year in feb, has any body been before and if so what did they think of it?

Also whats the weather like in feb.

Kind regards