North Male Atoll, PO Box 2017, Male

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Huvafen Fushi

Dream Island

by jvarghese about Huvafen Fushi Maldives

43 naturally modern bungalows, each room type showcasing its own distinctive design. All equipped with air-conditioning. 7x7ft beds, Frette linen and thier own private oasis with a freshwater pool Yoga Pavilion
Lonu Veyo - outdoor salet water floatation pool
Azure sparkling lagoon and pristine coral-sand beach
Over Water fully-equipped gymnasium
Scuba Diving - Padi Certified
Water Sports - Complimentary non-motarised water sports
Fibre-optic lit Infinity Pool
The Lair - Library/Televison/Internet Area
Extensive DVD and CD library
Full range of ecursions, including sunset, fishing on a traditional Dhoni, big game fishing and sand bank snorkelling
Symphony 65ft Luxury cruiser

We Loved Huvafen Fushi

We have just returned and felt that we had to add our positive comments given the amount of negative comments we saw here before we went.All I can say is we had a fantastic time and we stayed for 14 days in an Ocean Bungalow. The marine life under and around our bungalow was amazing we had baby reef sharks, stingrays, millions of fish and crabs surrounding us.
Our bungalow was so well equiped with a Bose sound system throughout it was a nice touch being able to play my IPOD music through the Bose system on the sundeck and while I soaked in the Jacuzzi in our bathroom. Huge Plasma TV, remote controlled blinds in all rooms and WIFI connection to the internet in our bungalow so I could use my laptop while I was there. Our cleaner brought us strange exotic fruit to try each day and they even gave us chocolate Easter Eggs which was a surprise.
Food was excellent we did not have a bad meal the whole team we were there although we did only use Celsius and room service because one of us is allergic to fish and Salt is mostly fish dishes.
They had a live acoustic band on twice a week called Palm Fever who were excellent and they played various music from James Blunt to the Beatles.
We tried all sorts of Spa treatments which were excellent although fairly expensive. You have to try the underwater spa as it is nice to watch the fish swimming by while you have an Indian Head Massage.
Our only complaint would be that the Gym was too hot, plenty of good equipment and helpful staff but they do need an extra air conditioning unit in there. Watching huge stingrays pass by as you are on the cross trainer was a first for me!
We are keen divers and the snorkelling on the house reef in front of our bungalow was so impressive. When we did dive off the house reef we saw eagle rays, napoleanfish, black & white tipped reef sharks, shoals of Tuna and many differenty species of fish. Manta Point is a must to see the Manta Rays and Divers Haven (the dive centre) provided a relaxed 5 star diving service with a great dive boat.
Maus was our Thakura (butler) during our stay and we have to say that when we asked for anything he always managed to get it for us.We would certainly recommend this resort to anyone.

Beautiful perfect paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member Fabhols

We stayed at Huvafen fushi as part of our honeymoon. It was perfect! No complaints at all. The service was excellent and the people loving and warm. We stayed in a beach bungalow which although is the 'basic' level of accomodtion it was great we had our own private plunge pool! I'm sure the other rooms would each give their unique experience but the beach bungalow is perfect. Celsius is the best place to eat offering wide variety. If youre a sea food lover you'll love RAW and SALT. You have you own thakur - private butler- who is truly attentive to your needs - sometimes slightly slow but you'd expect that anywhere. Stay at Huvafen Fushi you will not regret it. Beautiful, serene and your own slice of paradise.

Dull Island, good marketing

by TripAdvisor Member Hard_ingham

While browsing online I came across the following article which describes Kate Moss' experience at Huvafenfushi:
(---)

This revealed to me the lengths Huvafen fushi goes through to get publicity for their tiny island. It is not shocking to see them footing the bill as it is owned by the richest and most corrupt business enterprise in the Maldives, Universal Enterprises Private Limited. Having stayed there myself, I would agree that the island is quite dull like how Kate Moss has described it. However, It is not a total disappointment as it is still in the beautiful Maldives islands but with so many good resort hotels out there, I would advise checking other resorts as well before booking here. Pay special attention to the resort map as this will give you a clear idea why Huvafenfushi may be "dull".

Expensive but loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Jade_of_china

We just came back from Huvafen Fushi and it was such a lovely experience.

We wanted a good hide-out for a few quiet romantic days. So, when selecting the resort, we developed a 'score board' rating 'size of the resort (we wanted small), privacy & comfort of the room, number of restaurants, quality of spa etc'. The Ocean Bungalow of Huvafen Fushi came out on top.

I have to say the place was everything we wanted. The island is very beautiful and rather quiet. We had a LOT of privacy in our Ocean Bungalow. Most of the time, we were naked on our deck or in the plunge pool. A word of advice, if you would like this kind of privacy, then the Ocean Bungalow or Ocean Pavilion are the only options at this resort.

Island staffs are very friendly and always very helpful. (We did not tip anyone until the very end). Our Butler Jameel was always just a phone call away and he always gave us timely feedback on all of our requests (each butler looks after 5 bungalows). I did order room service, and it arrived faster than I had been promised. It took about 25 min. for a noodle and a salad to get to my door.

Spa is great, we spent about 2 hours in the spa everyday. Please make your pre-booking before getting there, as they are rather busy. The spa is quite flexible with replacing the pre-booked treatment with others that fits you better. However, I think the underwater room can only be used for massage.

Food is very expensive on the island. Go for the full board option if you want to save. We spent a lot on food in all the restaurants and the bar, but I loved everything we had.

Our minor complaints:
1.The internet connection was extremely slow. The bungalow has wireless connection, but it was quite impossible to download emails.

2.Fresh lobster was not available for a day, but then we were told it was beacaue the weather was not good enough for the fishermen to go catch them.

A luxurious paradise

by TripAdvisor Member PinkLychee

Having just returned from a fantastic two week honeymoon at Huvafen Fushi, we felt compelled to write a review of the island.

Having seen some of the negative comments posted on tripadvisor, we initially had some reservations about the resort. However any concerns were banished within the first few days of our trip. We found most of the negative comments we read to be pedantic at best and completely unfounded at worst.

Our beach bungalow (standard accommodation) was beautifully furnished and displayed all of the features advertised on the website. The food in both restaurants - Celsius and Salt - was excellent and the service and staff were fantastic.

The accommodation is spread out in such a way that if we didn't want to see people and be sociable we could stay on our section of beach and have privacy (we stayed in number 7). If we wanted to be sociable we would head to the island's bar which is uber-cool and does amazing cocktails (Cuban Sorbet is highly recommended!).

The only downside to our stay was that we experienced a few days of cloud and rain so if we were to return to the Maldives (and we do plan to) we would probably do so in December / January to maximise our chances of two weeks of sunshine!

Overall we loved our stay and would happily return.

Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkRosie

This resort is truly a special place. We spent part of our honeymoon here and could not have been happier. I don’t understand some of the reviews below, as my husband and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in some of the best resorts and Huvafen Fushi was top notch. This is a chic, intimate resort. The minimalist nature is what makes it so special. If you want big, ornate and commercial then this resort is not for you. The food, the people and the ambience are all amazing. The staff did everything possible to make our honeymoon special from the champagne and feast upon our arrival to every detail of our visit. You truly detox here with the infinity pool, spa treatments and the white sand beaches around you. The snorkeling around the island is great and the wine tasting in the underground wine celler was fantastic. The food happens to be delicious. Salt for dinner was wonderful and the way the ocean is lit up at night is breathtaking. We ate there almost every night. The breakfasts were also great and they will make you anything you want. We did think the lobster grill was overpriced for what it was, but it was a fun experience. We went to the One and Only Reethi Rah afterwards and thought that the food at Huvafen was just as good.

The service here was also great. You are on an island so everything is on island time, but we had no complaints. As soon as we called for something it was taken care of. All the staff and not just your butler are eager to assist you with whatever you need. We opted to stay on the beach at this resort and our bungalow had a great plunge pool in the back which was wonderful, we used it every day. The decor of the rooms and the overall ambience of the island is what makes it such a special place. The reference to Ikea furniture is absurd. You are not in a major city hotel room. The rooms are spacious and very chill and the huge outside bathrooms in the beach villas with outside showers are great. Request to be on the ocean side and not on the lagoon side if you stay on the beach, as the dock and boats are on the lagoon side. The spa is wonderful and the glass bottom rooms and underwater treatment rooms are great. My husband requested the same masseuse for all his treatments and said it was the best he has ever had. The gym is small, but completely over the water and had state of the art machines. I highly recommend the sunset yoga.

Huvafen is truly a wonderful, classy place with plush beaches and a very chill ambience. Overall, you only get one honeymoon and I would not have changed a single thing about our stay. This intimate resort is the definition of desert island paradise.

P.S. I hope the lovely French woman I met at the Reethi Rah is reading this and planning her next vacation to Huvafen. See you there!

B'Day Holiday....

by TripAdvisor Member Maldivesadd

My self and my girlfriend had a lovely holiday at the Huvafenfushi, I would say this was the best Holiday I have ever had...

We took a Speedboat from Male' to the Resort, in the Afternoon. That was terrible the sea was terrible... I have never traveled a day like that in my life... anyway all this are fentastic expriance.. on our holiday in Huvafenfushi...

So when we arrive the Island there was a team from the Island to welcome us, on the boat there was soem Japanese and English as well...

Very warm welcome from Hanan that was our Thakuru who will be looking after us during our stay...

She was very nice and professanal for the job...

We stayed 4 nights and every day was rain so we can't realy enjoy the sun also we can't do any snorkeling because of the weather.

But Our Thakuru HANAN did fentactic job to arrange my B'day there was a big cake for me and I normaly don't eat cake But I was like WOW....

And my room was fully decorated with local flowers and many more..

The Bar Man Ibrahim was a great Bar Tender as he always make fentastic drinks for us.

As the Island is very small you can remember all the people from the Ialand..

Hope this will help you all..

Not like the postcards

i went for a week to huvafenfushi in June and stayed in a beach bungalow with plunge pool. It rained the whole week and we were stuck in our rooms. The transfer to the island was on this small dinghy like boat which felt that it was going to sink anytime soon. We were so relived to finally arrive on land. In the pouring rain we were shown our rooms, our luggage got wet as well as it was lying in a pool of water in the boat. The room was quite ok though, nothing amazing. The amazing part is probably because its near the ocean but the rain prevented us from using it as much. It felt like we were just like anywhere else in the world, stuck in the hotel room.

It was hard to go to the restaurants in the heavy rain so we decided to order some room service. It took over two hours for the food to come and it was cold. I did not tip the waiter and he was not reluctant to show his disgret with his facial expression. I found this rude and unprofessional in a so called five star property.

After 3 days there was a bit of sunshine for a few hours. We decided to enjoy the sun and sunbath in front of our rooms in our so called "private beach". The island is very tiny, the size of a dot but it has too many rooms built on it. Forty three rooms may sound like a few number of rooms but add a noisy powerhouse, restaurants, offices, shops, diving school, staff accommodation for over a hundred to a tiny dot! You get overcrowding then. This is what we experienced when we were sunbathing, people just walking in front of your room all the time. My wife wasnt pleased with the staring eyes at her swimsuit that she went inside her room again.

The sunshine was too good to be true, the rain poured heavily again and that was how it was mostly till our unimpressive holiday at huvanfenfushi came to an end. On our departure date, the sea looked even worse than the day we arrived. My wife was nearly crying when she saw the tiny boat we had to take back to the airport. I told them that the boat was too small and they should arrange a boat which was of a decent size to take us to the airport because clearly the boat was too small for the rough open seas we had to go. The front office manager, one Fathimath Shaazleen told that we either take it or leave it ! She said it was not worthwhile for the resort to hire a bigger boat because it was just 4 guests leaving to the airport that day. I was so angry at her arrogant and rude behaviour but I had no choice but to take this horrible tiny boat to the airport otherwise I would have missed my flight and I didnt want to stay another day at Huvafenfushi.

This was not my first visit to the Maldives, i stayed at Sonevafushi and the Hilton previously, both of which are highly recommended. But unfortunately I cannot say the same for Huvafenfushi. Perhaps I wouldn't have complained so much if I hadn't paid so much and expected so much. But for five star prices, I certainly didnt get five star treatment!

Huvafen Fushi Maldives

by Travelover4ever

"Paradise on earth"

Such a beautiful island. If you want to feel like kings and queens you must go to Huvafen Fushi. Talk about privacy, every bunglow on this resort has your own plung pool, it is a work of art.

by muirduncan

We are going on our Honeymoon to Huvafen Fushi at the beginning of August, and would like to know what it's like. Does anyone know if all the facilities are finished? We are booked into a Lagoon Bungalow, do you think it's worth upgrading to a Ocean Bugalow?

Best Bungalows at Huvafen Fushi

by kiki13

We finally leave for the Maldives this Saturday...So excited!
We've been looking forward to this trip for months. It'll be our 4th to the Maldives, but a first staying at Huvafen Fushi.
We booked 6 nts in the Lagoon bunglaow & 7 nts in the Beach Bungalow.

We want as much privacy & quiet as possible. Any particular bungalow number you would you suggest?

And would it be worth it to upgrade from the Beach Bungalow to the Deluxe Beach Bungalow? They look bigger & more private.

Thks!

Views from Huvafen Fushi

by moirapoira

Hi, we have booked to go to Huvafen fushi next March and I have just found some arial pictures on a website that show an island in the background (probably quite far away but clearly visible in these shots) that looks fairly industrial - i.e. high buildings/chimneys and ships berthed. Having already been to the Maldives and stayed at the Hilton where you couldnt see anything for miles I do not want to find that I can see what I have described above - especially when paying so much......I would be very grateful for comments/thoughts from anyone that has already been to Huvafen Fushi.

RE: Views from Huvafen Fushi

by LYNDAHALL

Hi there,no i hav'nt been to that particular resort,what atoll is it in?When you get to your resort you really wont be bothered about any other island or an inhabited island(that the Maldivians live on),they look closer in the pics or from the air,we are going back in oct this year to Maayafushi,wherever you go in the maldives im sure you will love it..happy hols.Lynda :)

RE: RE: Views from Huvafen Fushi

by moirapoira

Thanks Lynda - it is in North Male Atoll.

RE: Views from Huvafen Fushi

by nakatcha

We went to Huvafen five times (before it was renamed). It was then called Nakatcha. We loved it so much, hence my forum name. We only stopped going when they put in a pool about 11 years ago.

I don't know where you got the aerial photos but it can't be Huvafen. The only islands nearby are Bros, Angsana (Ihuru) and Banyan Tree (Vabbinfaru). I've been to them all and there's nothing like that. There is a desert island called Rasfaree or Rasfari where we went for picnic. Apart from that, nothing. Post a link to the picture on the web and I might be able to tell you where it REALLY is. Websites often post incorrect pictures from libraries. The ONLY place there are high buildings would be Male so the pic must come from one of the resorts further east near the capital. DON'T PANIC! E-mail me if you want further info.

Comments