Male Island Hotels

• Restless-in-kl profile photo Restless-in-kl
  • Reviews: 428

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nasandhura Palace Hotel: Way too noisy to sleep here

Usually I would stay at Central Hotel when I arrived in Male. However, my friend thought I may like to try Nasandhura Palace Hotel as it was directly opposite the jetty where I can hop onto a dhoni or any boat conveniently without having to take a taxi and drag my heavy dive bag.

Well, if only he had told me about the dinner parties that take place at the back of the hotel rooms! It was so noisy that I did not sleep a wink. The noise came from the diners at the hotel outdoor restaurant as well as its kitchen.

So you can imagine me enduring the noise the whole night till 2-3am, then it starts again as the kitchen prepares for breakfast at 5am!

No matter how convenient its location is, I will never stay here again!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written October 27, 2007

Room at Nasandhura

• Astrawan profile photo Astrawan
  • Reviews: 22

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nassandhura Hotel: Best hotel in Male

The hotel was clean, airconditioned and served great food in the restaurant. Crisp white linen sheets and serviced by hardworking 'house-boys' as Male is Muslim, housekeeping staff are all male. Staff were great, friendly and helpful - always busy, either polishing a doorknob or cleaning windows or something. Result is a very nice and clean hotel!

Nassandhura does not have a pool - space on Male is at a premium (2 klm square accommodating 100,000 people.. hello?!!) but the garden restaurant is one of the best place to hang out and watch the traffic - especially during the wedding season as the hotel becomes the most popular venue to host weddings!

Most favourite item was the Papaya juices.. so yum and refreshingly cold! - just another note - no pork product of any description on Male.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written November 16, 2006

Male waterfront

• Restless-in-kl profile photo Restless-in-kl
  • Reviews: 428

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Central Hotel: Transit hotel of Male

Apparently, this is one of the better hotels in Male with comfy, clean rooms in the middle of the city.

From the airport, it takes 1 minute to walk to jetty (airport) to take a dhoni boat to Male which is about 10 minutes away. Aircon is very noisy though, so did not really sleep much.

My stay here was arranged by Sea and See agency which managed MV Manthiri liveaboard and all rates and transfers here were included. It was nice to see their representative there waiting for me when I got out of the terminal.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written April 2, 2006

Room

• Boozercat profile photo Boozercat
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Four Season Resort: Ocean View

There's a hundreds of Resort Hotel in Maldives, if you're in a budget you may check it online for your booking or you could just call the Hotel for your reservation, I stayed in Four Season Resort and they have the best services of the whole Maldives, the staff were friendly and they always there to accommodate your needs, Foods were excellent and the cottages were clean. I enjoyed all the water sports, like riding in the banana boat, kayaking, jetski and fishing..plus the scuba diving were I saw a huge manta rays..dolphins all the beautiful creatures underwater. I also had a massage in the Island Spa..that was the best massage I ever had in my whole life.

Everything that sorrounds me in Maldives were beautiful, Club Med has a live entertainment and I danced with other guests.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Spa and Resort
  • Written February 7, 2006

• tartenpimpernel profile photo tartenpimpernel
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Girivaru Beach Resort: Snokelers dream

Service from all staff was excellent 5*. Faclities were in the 3* bracket as were amenities. Would recommend this Island but don`t expect 5* accomodation before you go and you`ll not be dissapointed.

All inclusive package recommended as you spend so much time on the island. Drank litres of fruit juice and water during the day & fair share of beers in the evening. As with all spirits on these packages you have to find one that you like as they don`t taste like Smirnoff !!!

Not much to say here as island was so small, very small plunge pool, 1 tennis court, 1table tennis table & 2 pool tables, but lets face it we came here for sun, sand & snorkeling and you won`t be dissapointed if thats your needs.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 24, 2004
Tip Photo

sunset from our back door

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful