North Male Atoll, Lankanfinolhu, Male, 08420

Costs 67% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Paradise Island Resort

Paradise found

by Angie05 about Paradise Island Maldives

I wanted to write this review because we have read one or two negative comments about Paradise Island and having recently returned from there wanted to set the record straight. The welcome we received couldn't have been warmer and the staff were always so friendly, from the gardening staff, to waiters to reception staff. The main areas of the hotel are pleasant and scrupulously clean as are the bedrooms etc. The food was exceptional. Throughout the whole of our two week stay we never ate the same food twice and all without exception was delicious and interesting. We went all inclusive and I must say it paid off. Wines are good and spirits are good quality names although as usual cocktails are not included.

Although we had taken plenty reading material to keep us 'entertained' we never read any of it. There is plenty to do from water sports, local trips, sea plane trips, a submarine and a glass bottom boat. The lagoon around the resort is perfect for the less confident swimmer like myself. And even I could enjoy warching the myriad of fish including sharks (baby ones!) and sting ray. We had read a report that said there wasn't much marine life. I don't know where this person was looking but the water around Paradise is teeming with fish of every size and colour.

Admittedly there were some small areas of the island which looked a little less loved but so would you if a Tsunami had just rolled over you. I think this resort is doing it's utmost to recover and improve. The water bungalows are being reconstructed but as yet nothing remains of the sunrise restaurant.

Overall I would definitely give this hotel a five star rating and would recommend it to anyone. If you do stay on Paradise you simply must ingulge and have a treatment in the spa. It is luxury unbounded! I had three treatments in all, all superb and was made to feel like royalty. My particular favourite was the petal bath. A bath filled with jasmin flowers which transported me with delight - so much so that as I waxed lyrical about it to anyone who would listen, people were rushing in droves to experience it.

Have we been to the same 'paradise' island resort as others?

by TripAdvisor Member harvey64

Just got back from "paradise" island resort in the Maldives and will post a full review later, but my advice to anyone considering it is try to find another island, unless you like being on a building site or dont mind the noise coming from the timber workshop and boat yard or dont mind looking out at nothing but a pile of rubble where they seem to be building a breakwater, or dont mind getting covered in lumps of solidified oil whenever a boat goes through the boat channel to the boatyard. I could go on and I will later when I write a full review,but I can not compare this island to the other "good" reviews written on this website

by Devyn

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. With the room rate you get free meals, which are served buffet style in the main restaurant, however you can also get 15% off of any of the other four restaurants, which are all great. On our last night there we had a lovely lobster dinner at the Sunrise Restaurant, and sunset cocktails every night at the Sunset Restaurant (they are located on either side of the island, hence the names).
Here is what my room loooked like from the back, which was about a one second walk from the beach...

An Island Called "Paradise"

by Quero about Villa Hotels Paradise Island Resort

Like most people, we planned our Maldives trip well in advance, with air and lodging bookings firmly in place... or so we thought. Somehow our hotel booking was lost, cancelled, or sold out from under us. We were lucky to find last-minute rooms at the Paradise Island Resort at high season, and though it was not what we thought we wanted, it was great.

The resort is only about 20 minutes by speedboat from Male International Airport, so we were able to go straight there after landing at 10 pm; and best of all, we could spend the entire last day enjoying ourselves without worrying about transfer times back to the airport for our 11:00 p.m. departure.

The staff were unfailingly helpful, even if a little slow (the place *was* fully booked, after all). The villa was clean and modern, and the food was more than plentiful and varied. The most luxurious of the rooms at Paradise Island are the water bungalows. I wouldn't waste my money on them, though, since in my opinion the land-based rooms like the one we stayed in are much more charming with the trees and flowers growing all around them, a small rope chair tied from a branch of a tree, and the steppingstones leading down to the beach a few meters away. The bathroom opens out into a small private garden with flowering bushes.

Note that the rate below is "per person" and the cost for a room is about double that amount, and varies according to high or low season . The rooms are configured as doubles, but you can put a third person in a room. Prices also include meals.

A Good hotel for all

by shawncastellino about Paradise Island Resort

We stayed at this 5 star property for 3 N/4 D, we were on our honeymoon, they gave us a complimentary fruit basket and a bottle of champange, we stayed in a deluxe beach bungalow, the location of the beach bungalow is just 20 meters from the beach, the bathroom has a bath tub and also an outdoor shower.

There are also beach beds provided for each room to carry along with you when you lie on the beach, overall the rooms were quite spacious had most of the modern ammenities like any 5 star hotel, spacious bath room with a decent outdoor shower and a small balcony a few meters from the beach. The island is relatively large in size, about 1 km in length and 250 m in width, so if your bungalow is located at towards the ends of the island then expect to do some walking to get to the main restraunt and swimming pool, lobby etc.

The distance from the airport is 9.6 kms, they offer speed boat transfers. The island has a huge beach, one swimming pool, gym, indoor sports and offered numerous excurisons, had a dive center too, they excursions were costly and so was everything else on the island including the gift shop and restraunts but i guess this is the same in other islands as well

paradise island- the name is correct

by TripAdvisor Member scottandsarah

stayed for a week in november, travelled with first choice who were really good, better planes with better leg room than other airlines. from the moment we got there til the day we left we were treat like king and queen. the food was amazing best food ever tasted even peppered steak and chicken massala on buffet. we are gonna try go back as soon as possible. it took our waiter 7 secons to refill my beer when i put down the empty glass..

Paradise Island - all normal...

by yoro

Paradise Island - all normal rooms (small bungalows) are located at ocean side. Surrounding area are covered with palms, and other tropical plants. air conditioning, tv, inside & outside bath, minibar, own garden, own tap to wash your feet:)

Resort near the airport

by jorgegomes about Paradise Island

It's not bad... but...
Too many low-key Russians, the guys seems like Spetnatz and the chicks like hair-dressers. The beaches are not very good, comparing with other islands, the same about the sand.

Accomodation will vary not...

by steventilly

Accomodation will vary not only within resorts but also from resort to resort. The water bungalows at Paradise Island are all set on stilts above the ocean and you reach them by way of a boardwalk from the main centre of the island.Incidentally the sea beneath these bungalows on paradise Island is absolutely teeming with the fascinating Cornet Fish
A lot more than on Meeru!

Paradise Island

by sylina about Villa

I lived in Paradise Island (15 minutes boat trip from Male airport), actually it
belongs to the hotel "Villa Hotel". The hotel chain has several island there
(Fun Island, Sun Island...). Not sure about the others, but the Paradise is
awesome! The beach, the water, the environment and the food... hmhmm... :)) ppl there were very friendly just as the ppl everywhere in Maldives. I really had a good time with my family there. You could join the activities (like diving, fishing, cocktail cruise, submarine, water sport and visit fishing village...) same as the other hotels in Maldives. But I think you can get the best service here.

paradise islandparadise island

Paradise IslandParadise Island

Paradise islandParadise island

Paradise Island jetty, MaldivesParadise Island jetty, Maldives

paradise island maldives

by helenwa

Hi im off to paradise island in may 2006 ive been to sun island can anyone tell me about paradise island it looks very similar to sun island but not as far to travel and when is the rainey season there is it the same as sun island any information would be helpful
thanks helen

RE: paradise island maldives

by leigh767

Well if you enjoyed Sun Island you should have just as much fun on Paradise Island. It is said that few resorts can match its range of facilities and quality of service. Diving is great as it's near some great dive sites although the lagoon is so shallow and huge that snorkelling won't be very outstanding there. There will always be evening entertainments such as fire limbo, disco, live band performances and crab racing so you' won't be bored here.

Have fun!

Paradise island resort....

by dooja

hiiiii,,,i just neeed small queries abt this hotel,, we;re planning to go there within few weeks ,,i need to know about the super deluxe rooms over threr does it reallly face the beach? and all wt facilities shown on net is true? wt abt food over there? and is it too much crowdy ......
many thankss in advanceeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Paradise island resort....

by sioux2

have you had a look at the reviews on this forum or try trip advisor and reviews ,

PARADISE ISLAND RESORT HOTEL MALE

by travel2007

Hey,

I am panning to stay at the Paradise Island Resort in Male. Anyone has had good/bad experiences with this place ?

Any feedback would be helpful !

RE: PARADISE ISLAND RESORT HOTEL MALE

by Heathfield

Malé is the capital, Paradise Island is about 10 km from Malé. You could look up 'Tripadvisor.com' for reviews on the resort by guests.

RE: RE: PARADISE ISLAND RESORT HOTEL MALE

by cuddlykezz

Passed through this place on a trip

It looks very very nice, oh, and very expencive.

The Spa is out of this world.

Spent ages watching the black tip sharks from the bridge walkway.

The pool, rooms, reastaurant and beach are all tops.

Only thing i didn't like were the prices for food and drink, depending on how your doing the food bit. Maybe HB. But I wouldn't go just B&B you would need a big bank loan.

There are also lots of sports to keep you busy if your into that.

It is a very nice place but not for me.

I get my pampering on my cruises.

Kezz

RE: PARADISE ISLAND RESORT HOTEL MALE

by Ladysorcerer

I just came back fm Maldives in June for honeymoon. We arrange for a hop island tour and we went to paradise island.
Paradise is a very large island with fantastice beach.. and you can easily find a lot of fishes just near by the shore and the beach is definitely superb for snokelling.. But the island is too big and it's too quiet and seems not much of activity goin on.
Depend on what you want... if you go for the beach.. it's definitely a yes.

rgds

• Oct 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I am visiting the resort this month. I am from India. I'd like to know if USD is the only accepted currency at the resort. Also, how much would a basic meal like lunch and dinner cost per head at the resort?

• leics's Profile Photo
      Oct 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Welcome to VT. Far, far more members will see your question...and you are far more likely to get replies..... if you post it in the VT Male Island Travel Forum here:

Male Island Travel Guide