Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa

See Popular Hotels

PARADISE!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2015

My friend and I traveled to the Maldives just after New Year's. It's no secret that the Maldives are one of the most beautiful places on earth, but I labored over which resort to choose to best highlight my vacation. I ended up choosing Chaaya Lagoon based on availability, price, and the all-inclusive package. I did not know what to expect, but whatever expectations I did have were greatly exceeded!!

The splendor started with the sea plane ride. It was 45 minutes of beauty. I was glad the island was further from Male so I could enjoy the fabulous view. The island was SPECTACULAR. Gorgeous water and beaches- everywhere you look is unmatched beauty. The layout of the island is perfect. It is amazing how fast the vacation can go when you were anticipating doing nothing. They have some lovely excursions and everything is handled by an amazing and friendly staff.

Usually all inclusive resorts are a tad cheesy, but not in this case. The fact that it was all-inclusive made the vacation carefree and you didn't have to worry about spending money. The food was INCREDIBLE!! I am not always a fan of buffets, but this was one of the best ever. I am a vegetarian, and I found myself with so many options I could not believe it. The chefs prepare everything with love and creativity. You will not be disappointed in the food.

The rooms were amazing. It is fun to walk out over the water and feel like you are floating. There is a viewing window to the sea below, and your own deck/ladder to the sea where you can snorkle at your leisure. The housekeeping staff is immaculate and does a spectacular job. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and no lack of hot water! I slept more peacefully there with the sound of the ocean than I have ever slept. I even woke up just to see the sunrise.

The spa is gorgeous and the quality of treatments is better than many places in the U.S.

There are not a lot of excursions, but they are all worthwhile. We went dolphin watching, snorkeling, island hopping, and scuba diving. I really enjoyed the island hopping because I like to see how the local people live. I wish we could have done more activities to get to know local people better, even the staff. For me, the point of traveling to a new place is to experience a new culture, and not just hang around with people that are just like me.

I had a HUGE fear of scuba diving, and had zero intention of doing this on my trip. However after talking to a local who is on the dive staff, I was convinced that since I was in the Maldives I had to do it. I had nightmares the evening before because I was so scared. Just as everything else during my trip, my expectations were exceeded. Magic made me feel comfortable and relaxed, and taught me everything I needed to know to scuba dive. It was one of the most peaceful yet spectacular experiences I have had. I only wish I went on my first day (and not on my last), because then I would have gone scuba diving EVERY DAY.

Yes, the Maldives are incredible, and yes, the resort was gorgeous... But what made it the most pleasant was the staff. Everyone was respectful, kind, helpful, accommodating, and always had a smile on their face. The housekeeping staff, the reception staff, the kitchen staff, the excursion staff, the spa staff, the facilities staff, the bar staff, the waiters, the diving staff, the management... I mean EVERYONE was kind and helpful and provided amazing service. I am sorry if I am forgetting anyone, but trust me there is not a bad soul on that island. The people made all the difference.

I have not stopped thinking about this magical place since I left. The Maldives imprinted itself into my soul. I care about this island nation and its people wholeheartedly. I am dreaming up scenarios of just when I will return.

Nearby Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa

Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa

• Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa Hotel Meemu Atoll

Address: 4th FloorSTO Aifaanu Building, Boduthakurufaanu Magu

Amenities at Chaaya Lagoon Hakuraa Huraa

• Restaurant
  • Fitness Center

Meemu Atholhu Travel Forum

Need advice about Meemu Atholhu, Maldives? Visit the Travel Forum for Meemu Atholhu and ask our Answer Gurus.

Meemu Atholhu Travel Guide