Tsetserleg Hotels

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1191

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Family Ger: Homestay

If you are looking for a quiet place, don't hesitate to stay at this ger located 1km from the city entrance. This charming family knows very well how to receive their clients and, in my case, I asked them to include food in my accommodation. They served me a delicious dinner, goat meat with spaheti and pickes, and a light traditional breakfast, home made butter, home made bread and tea.
For further information and booking, do not hesitate to contact Manal, the manager, an interesting guy who speaks very well English and used to work with tourism.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written November 3, 2014
Tip Photo

• fierydormouse profile photo fierydormouse
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fairfield Guesthouse: A bit of home

This was a great place to stay and very welcome after our two weeks in tents/ger camps.

Nice clean rooms. Twin beds. Shared bathroom (very clean).

Very reasonable cost - I can't rememer how much but I know it was a lot cheaper than the tourist ger camps. They charged the full price for our Mongolian guide and driver which was unusual but as it was still cheaper than the Mongolian price for a tourist camp we didn't really mind.

I think we paid about $15 per head but I am not 100% sure. Breakfast was very nice.

Book swap for travellers - very handy and we used this.

The cafe was great as well - European style food made a welcome change - my husband even had a Chicken Tikka! (I have just realised what a wierd dish that is to pick as "European"! I guess I mean it's a very English dish!) I had a lasagne and chips and it was yum. And I could get a cappucino! By the time we'd got to Tsetserleg I had almost forgotten such things existed!!

• Opinion of Price: N/A