Moron Hotels

• Over60 profile photo Over60
  • Reviews: 152

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

50̊ 100̊ (Dul) Hotel: One-Night Stopover with a touch of luxury

I spent one night here in Summer, 2014. This hotel, which is named for its geographic coordinates, has a longtime reputation as the best in the city and makes a pretty good effort to be a "luxury" hotel. The carpet is plush, the bathroom modern, the TV a flat screen, and the bedding seems a copy of an American three star hotel. There is a rather stylish bar and a pretty good restaurant, although the elegance the rest of the place aims for was missing there. All in all, it is not bad and provided a nice chance to shower and clean up after several days of hostel accommodations.
There were a few problems though. I had made a couple of efforts to make reservations in advance via e-mail and telephone, but my e-mails went unanswered and none of them seek to have "taken." When I arrived, I was told that all the rooms except the high end luxury rooms were taken. Considerable negotiating and time were required before I was offered a "semi-lux" room at a reasonable price. I think that a good bit of the problem stemmed from the reception's consistently low level of English competence. The biggest problem here, though, is not the fault of the hotel. Murun is, to put it in plain language, a pit. There is nothing attractive to see and little if anything to do there, so this hotel is best seen as just a comfortable stopover on the way to somewhere else

Modern, high standard accommodation for a remote region.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written December 6, 2014

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1190

Gan Oyu Guesthouse: The best guesthouse in the city

As I had booked in advance in another place, unfortunately I haven't stay at this place, but had the great pleasure to meet the owner, a kind lady. She showed me this amazing place and I must say it is, with no doubt, the best guesthouse in the city.
Besides dorms, single and double rooms are available. A modern well furnished kitchen allows you to prepare yours meals if you wish.
This guesthouse has a Western bathroom and hot shower is available 24 hours.
For such good conditions and price, you can't find better. It is, in my opinion, the best value for money and, if I visit again Mörön, this will be my home.

Breakfast is included in the price.
Well furnished kitchen.

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1190

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Baigal Guest House: A Decent Guesthouse

I was advised to stay at this Guesthouse as Mrs. Baigal could help me to organize a tour to the reindeer people in the Northern Hövsgöl Lake.
I must say I had a great pleasure to know this charming lady and to stay at her guesthouse, by the way a spacious, clean and well decorated dormitory.
In my opinion, the place might be more interesting in the high season when the garden is crowded with gers and offers more options of accommodation.
As many other guesthouses outside the capital, the squash toilets are located in the garden.
In spite of not having plugs in the room, to allow you to recharche your batteries, you may use those ones located inside the family house.
Both the bus station and the black market are not far. The first one is only a few metres away, while the latter is a few hundred metres.

• Opinion of Price: about average