Angel Hostel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Ulaanbaatar

A VERY FRIENDLY LOCAL  ULANBATAARA VERY FRIENDLY LOCAL ULANBATAAR

Inside Chez Bernard, Ulaanbaatar, MongoliaInside Chez Bernard, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Zaisan Memorial, Ulaanbaatar, MongoliaZaisan Memorial, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Genghis Khan Statue, Mongolian Parliament BuildingGenghis Khan Statue, Mongolian Parliament Building

mosque in Ulan Bator

by CAMILO9015

I know that the majority muslims in Mongolia are Kazakhs who live in the west

but, I know that there is a mosque in Ulan Bator... I have not gotten images of it

I would like information about it

I will travel to Mongolia, in January

Re: mosque in Ulan Bator

by grazy56

not sure if in Ub a moschee, also in olgy where lives khazaks no moschee in any case
as you are going there on january you can have a look on my webpage as we go often there and we updated now the pages as just returned from mongolia so just klook at www.terramongolia.com to have more information and have some addresses as we can give you some hints for anything
have a nice trip

Travel Tips for Ulaanbaatar

Give me a call or drop me a...

by dbbayar

Give me a call or drop me a line, we'll discuss and then we'll decide where to go and what to do! People are very different so I think it's better to take someone somewhere knowing what s/he is interested in. I miss UB when I am away because my home is there.

Mongolian writing

by yumyum

Before the communist occupation the Mongolians had not cyrillic letters but their own. There are voices that want to reintroduce the old writing which looks to a westerner even more complicated. On the photo you see what it would look like.

Gobi Desert

by victorwkf

The Gobi Desert is another outing which you can consider, but you need at least 1-2 days to fully enjoy it as it is far away. You need to arrange for a travel agency to bring you there and it is best not to attempt it yourself as Mongolia is really very remote.

Wonderful cafe

by Willettsworld about Chez Bernard

This wonderful cafe, run by a Belgian guy, is just down Peace Ave from the State Department Store and is full of lovely western food and snacks. The menu includes some great breakfasts which, even thought I didn't have one, look great from their photos. The menu also includes other western dishes such as salads, soups, sandwiches, burgers etc. They also serve traditional Mongolian food such as Buuz, Khuushuur and Goulash. There's also a selection of cakes and pastries in the fridge by the entrance. There's a definite backpacking/ex-pat vibe going on in here and the guy who runs this place has a definite winner on his hands.

Central Cultural Palace performances

by Willettsworld

Somebody mentioned to me, where I was staying at the UB Guesthouse, that there was a musical performance going on here at the Central Cultural Palace which is the large rather ugly building on Sukhbaatar Square. So, off I go with them and the first part of the show featured guys playing the traditional Mongolian horse fiddles. Then the performance got more contempory and featured a lot of strange western pieces performed by westerners which I hadn't really wanted to come and see so I left! Anyway, I later heard that there was also a throat singing performance.

Comments