Ulaanbaatar Hotels

Our Members Say

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1287

Golden Gobi Guesthouse: A reasonable guesthouse

As I arrived in Ulaanbaatar at 04:30 AM from Mörön, and there were other travellers going to this place, I went along with them as we shared the same taxi.
The location is good, about 500 m from Suhbatar Square and 100 m from the State Department Store Building.
Our reception was warm with a breakfast and smiles.
The common room we stayed was narrow, but comfortable.
Modern toilets and 24 hours hot shower.
Breakfast is included in the price.
Cofee and tea are for free.
Wifi internet and two computers are available for free.
Lockers are available outside the room, but require a deposit.
Laundry service is not availabe. However, a few metres away you find a laundry.
As we were making check-in before the standard time, we asked if we had to pay an extra or one more day. The old lady told us it was not necessary. In the morning, around 09:00, the daughter asked us an extra of 3 USD. OK, no problem, but this should be informed in advance.
It is also a good place to meet travelers and share information.
I had no experience with the travel agency!

• Written November 4, 2014

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1287

Sunpath Guesthouse: An excellent guesthouse

This guesthouse is located a few hundred metres from the main square, Suhbaatar Square, and is a great option for accommodation in Ulaanbaatar. Rooms are clean and spacious. The toilets are modern. Hot shower is available 24 hours.
A well founished kitchen allows you to prepare your own meal if you wish. Water, coffee and tea are for free. The breakfast is included in the price.
Besides a free wifi internet, a computer is available for those who don't travel with any internet device.
Lockers are available inside the room(s) and do not require deposit.
An eficient laundry service is availabe.
I used to travel and stay in guesthouses/hostets and I have to say SunPath Guesthouse is among the best places I ever stayed.
In this guesthouse I have found many open minded travelers with whom I could get and share many information about my trip to the country.
The owner, Mrs. Doljmaa, an intelligent woman, is a good listener and can help you to find the tour that fits you. Don't hesitate to discuss with her your itinerary. For sure, she will find a solution for you. I made a 9 Days Tour with its travel agency and I loved it.

Great location close to central Ulaanbaatar.
Clean and spacious rooms.
Clean and modern toilets.
24 hours hot shower.
Well fournished kitchen.
Water, cofee and tea for free.
Breakfast for free.
Wifi internet.
No deposit for lockers.
Eficient laundry service.
Great place to find other travelers and share information.
Great Travel Agency!

• Written November 3, 2014
Tip Photo

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1285

Sunpath: Sunpath

Sunpath hostel was recommended by a friend and a decent recommendation it was. I had heard and read online that the majority of hostels in UB are just out for your money from tours.
This place was relaxed and friendly and just a ten min walk from main square.
Breakfast included. Dorm bed in 6-bed was $7.
The tours were cheapest too so we booked with them.
Also got wifi and a laptop you can use to surf online.

• Written September 3, 2014
Tip Photo

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandukhai Hotel: Disgusting

This place classifies itself as a hotel, which I guess technically it is. You know a place is bad when your taxi cab driver goes to the room to drop off your luggage and looks at you to ask, "Are you sure you want to stay here?" The fact that this place is even listed in Lonely Planet is beyond me. We wanted a cheapy hotel because we just needed a place to shower up and store our luggage before leaving at 4 a.m. to go to the airport. We arrived in UB around 1 p.m so we knew we would not be hanging out at the hotel for that long. I've stayed in many places over the years. Of all types and this is the WORST place I've every stayed in. Lonely Planet says that the hotel has been remodeled. Bullsh*t. Oh, sorry, they did have brand new white crown molding but what's the point when the rest of the place is a dump. It was $35 U.S. a night. I'm sure you might be thinking.. "What do you expect for $35 a night?" However, I've stayed in cheaper places than that were cleaner with showers that aren't freezing. Awful. Shame on Lonely Planet. I usually have photos of every hotel I stay in but unfortunately, I do not for this place. You'll have to take my word for it. Just a photo of the building.

None. Okay, maybe the location is okay. We asked the desk person to order us a cab for a 4 a.m. pick up which did happen.

• Written October 28, 2009

• cooker55 profile photo cooker55
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Michid Hotel: small and very affordable

About 500 m from Strings and the White House hotel. A small 12 room hotel with excellent restaurant. You will be amazed about the quality of the food. And size. European style. Very friendly staff. They do not speak much English but that appeared to be no problem te me. Ask for Jason, one of the staff members if you have need for an English speaking staffmember. They will get him on the phone for you. The hotel is newly build just before the credit crunch and the rooms are really nice and tidy. Even minibar is at normal bar prices, which are too low, I think.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written August 16, 2009

• illumina profile photo illumina
  • Reviews: 1125

Gana's Guest House: Great Backpacker hangout

Gana's is a great place to stay - on the edge of the Gandan ger district of UB, but only a short walk to the centre, it has a few double rooms and dorms ($5 / 7000togruk per bed), but the most popular place to stay is in one of the five gers on the roof! There is one private ger (1 double and two single beds) which can be rented for $20, or dorm beds in the other gers at $6 (8000 togruk).

Breakfast of bread, jam and tea or coffee is included, and there is free internet.

It's a great place to hang out and meet fellow travellers over a beer or two!

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 10, 2009

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Dream Hotel: Good option for the price

Odd name but I guess it's owned by a South Korean as they have hotels with names like this over there. Anyway, I stayed here for about 6 nights after my 10-day Mongolian tour and I liked it very much. My room came with a double-bed, TV, fridge, 2 armchairs, 2 tables and phone and was nice, well decorated and clean. The bathroom was very big and more like a wet-room kinda thing with a shower in one corner and again was nice and clean. The staff were friendly and helped out with a few things. Breakfast was fairly simple and consisted of bread, cold meats, cheese, jam, biscuits, tea and coffee. My room was US$34 and double rooms are US$36. It's located just off Baga Toyruu where it meets Sambuu Street.

• Written September 25, 2008

• ValbyDK profile photo ValbyDK
  • Reviews: 800

Gana's Guest House: Gana's Guest House

A 20 minutes walk from the station you will find Gana's Guest House (follow the road to Gandantegchinlen Khiid).

In the guesthouse you can stay in your own room with toilet/shower or stay in a ger (traditional tent). We stayed in a double room - nice and clean, but very, very, very cold in the night.

Very friendly staff and they can also help you to arrange tours to the national parks.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 16, 2007

Gana's Guest House

• michaellearntotravel profile photo michaellearntotravel
  • Reviews: 1

Temuujin's Guesthouse and Tours: Ulaanbaatar's Best Guesthouse

When we arrived to UB by Transsiberian train, Mr Kim from UB Guesthouse picked-up me and my wife, we went to his UB Guesthouse but it was really unclean, noisy and too big with very small rooms,so we moved to many other hostels and guesthouses for several days, and finally we moved to Temuujin's Guesthouse and Tours,we found it very very clean, very centrally located, very nice breakfast, very cheap organized tours and very good hospitality...
Showers and toilets looks very modern Ifeels like you are in five stars hotel)

Also, you must ask for their very good DVD collections (western, Mongolian and travel related movies)

They have 4 apartment-block guesthouses and two hotels in the center of Ulaanbaatar city.

We stayed 3 days at "Golden Gobi" Guesthouse, 3 days at "Idre's Guesthouse", 2 days at "UB Guesthouse", but they are not good if you are looking for clean and safe places. After several days in prison-like places we are finally moved to "Temuujin's Guesthouse".

Now we are very happy, from our windows we can see Peace Avenue, we have tasty and free breakfasts every morning cooked by Temuujin's wife Nimaa, every evening we are dining together with them, and we feel more lucky.

If you are going to Mongolia or if you are already in Ulaanbaatar city, don't hesitate to contact us, we cdan tell you a lot of things about this amazing country. Contact us at: Temuujin's guesthouse and tours, branch no.2, room no.1, Michael Gordon Jude and Natalie Jude, phones: 328037, www.temuujin-guesthouse.com

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Trains
  • Written April 23, 2007
Tip Photo

Print it and show it to any Mongolians behind you

• rsudic profile photo rsudic
  • Reviews: 201

Gorkhi Terelj: Ger accomodation

Nice simple meals in one of many camps around Gorkhi Terelj National park.
Good beds, not too cold during the night, sleeping in GER is MUST. No sounds at all (excl. sounds of nature)

• Related to: Trains, National/State Park, Budget Travel
  • Written December 25, 2006

• rsudic profile photo rsudic
  • Reviews: 201

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Zaluuchuud hotel: Ordinary accomodation

Simple, not very far from city center, clean, ok breakfast, friendly and pleasant staff. Ex-Soviet building but so-mongolian.

• Related to: Backpacking, Trains, Singles
  • Written December 25, 2006

hotel

• renatob profile photo renatob
  • Reviews: 57

khongor: hostel

the owner is reliable speaks good english and he can organize tours for any place in mongolia.we had few probs with the guide of our tour, nothing serious just lack of communication, and once we talked to the owner about that he prooved to be very understandable and professional and even if not asked he compensated us.very professional, highly recommended.
prices for a twin/double room is about average , we paid 12usd a night.I think the dorms where about 4 or 5 usd pp.very clean and central.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written June 13, 2006

• tna profile photo tna
  • Reviews: 27

Bold's Guesthouse: A Trustworthy Guesthouse

We stayed in Bold's Guesthouse in UB and he was an absolute star. He picked us up from the train station in his beat-up Soviet ambulance, drove us to the best markets to buy wheels of cheese, and sorted out all the things we needed and any questions we had at no cost beyond the peanuts we paid for accommodation.

Centrally located in an old, Soviet-era apartment block (cows roaming around children's swings).

Residents were good, kind people. I wrote a postcard home and forgot it somewhere in the area. Almost one year later, the postcard arrived at my parent's house...someone had picked it up, put postage on and sent it....11 months after I'd left the country!!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 2, 2005

Mr. Muscle

• suvaa003 profile photo suvaa003
  • Reviews: 172

Hotel Bisrhelt: A great hotel, in the centre

We did the trans mOngolia , and have been staying in Homestays in Russia. Coming in Hotel Bisrhelt was a nice, what a great surprise. The people where friendly and the room huge. The single beds, where almost double beds, the bathrooom was a proper one with a hair dryer and good facilities. The breakfst a bit chaotic, but we where thre just after the new year, but the people where courteuos.

It is central on Libertay Square. If you want they will picj yopu up at the station. There is a travel agent in the Hotel that can arrange trips for you.

• Related to: Desert, Trains, Adventure Travel
  • Written January 19, 2005

in the country site Mongolia

• Intrepidduck profile photo Intrepidduck
  • Reviews: 595

Elstei Ger Camp: Traditional Ger Camp

This accommodation is run by Shuren Travel and can also be booked through Monkey Business in Beijing. A little pricey for the budget traveller, but if the country for only a day or two well worth while for the experience of staying in a well facilitated and comfortable Ger Camp.

The accommodation is in a traditional Mongolian Ger, for 2 or 4 people per Ger. There is a restaurant located at the camp which does excellent food, all meals are usually included in the package.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average