Ambassador Hotel

More about Kathmandu

Polluted Vishnumati RiverPolluted Vishnumati River

The Garden of DreamsThe Garden of Dreams

Prakash Deep.Prakash Deep.

Ganga : The air hostess of the flight very helpfulGanga : The air hostess of the flight very helpful

Dolls dressed in costumes from Nepal

by Littlered415

We will be in Katmandu for three days in February. I collect dolls from the countries I visit. Are there any stores in Katmandu that carry a selection of these kinds of dolls? Which areas of Katmandu would you sugguest might carry the dolls? We will be on a tour and won't have much free time.

Also, has anyone bought jewelry in Nepal? I read that you can't take jewelry out of Nepal. I don't know if that is only for U.S. citizens or for everybody. I would like to get a small piece of silver or gold Nepal jewelry. I know we have an embargo on products from Burma, but I didn't know we had an embargo on Nepal jewelry. Where are the best plces to shop for jewelry in Katmandu?

Thanks

Re: Dolls dressed in costumes from Nepal

by thapaliya

Hello,
I am Not sure for the Doll store in Kathmandu.Also i dotn understand what kinds of doll you want to buy from here?? Fo rthe silver Jewelry In town Thamel there are many shops . some of them they are Manufacture and Wholesaler you can visit thamel town. I do Also some time Hand Hade Silver Jewelry from nepal to Overses. I use one small shops in Thamel that call.Creatyve Jewelry
Please visit
www.creativejewelries.com
There you found only some product . then you can contract them direct what they can offer for you....

they are friendly and nice people that i can feel. His name is Krishna.

Hope its help to you some...
Namaste!!!!

Travel Tips for Kathmandu

Trivobhan International Airport- Kathmandu.

by goutammitra

Though a small airport, I will rate this airport a hassle free airport. Their customer handling is better, the airport staffs treat the passenger with respect, Luggage handling is efficient, customs clearance is fast. The airport has duty free shop, it can not be compared with Changi, Schipol but has good stock of Spirits and Cigarette, though a bit pricy but the staffs help you to chose the items of your choice.

They dont allow photography inside the airport ( I dont' know why? In the days of Google Earth? Foolish decision ) but as soon as we landed people took out their cameras, mobile phones and started taking photographs. So we too took out our cell phone and took some photographs at the turmac of Trivobhan International Airport. I really liked this airport, I feel it is better than many Indian airports in terms of courtesey shown to the people.
Immigration and Police checking? Well it is same everyehere!

Cows.

by euzkadi

As everybody knows Hinduist have worshiped cows since the earliest times of their civilization. Cows are sacred for some specifically reasons: Because they give milk (Kamadhenu a sacred cow gave it´s milk to Vishnu) , helps working as an excelent beast of burden, for reincarnation beliefs and maybe mostly because is the animal companion of Gods as Shiva (also some Gods reincarnations have the cows form). Anyway is funny to find these beasts wandering freely through main roads or main squares causing heavy traffic jams specially in small roads.

Swimming Pool For Monkeys at Swyambhunath.

by goutammitra

Well at first I did not believe it. But during second visit my daughter Munu called me to show that the Monkeys are jumping in the pool, which is especially made for them. It was crowded and many leave it as this a monkey affair. But believe me we enquired with people they confirmed that at about 4.30 every afternoon they jump in this pool of Swyambhunath in group. It is worth watching believe me!

Next time you are in Kathmandu, please make sure you see this. I had never seen the Monkeys taking bath in a pool made for them just like human beings. They use the same technique we use while jumping in a pool. Who taught them? How did they know the technique? How do they calculate timings? May be it is because of God's blessings. I leave it to the fellow travellers to decide.

Jazzmandu - yearly jazz festival

by Saagar about Jazzmandu - several venues

Jazzmandu - http://jazzmandu.org/ - is a yearly jazz event attracting international artists to Nepal. The success has been phenomenal. The overall topic - beyond jazz - is peace.
If you are there in October (every year), go check it out - you'll be surprised at the lively music scene in Nepal. Jazzy???

the biggest portions of food in Thamel

by BeataPL about Helena's

this restaurant is really clean and food is prepared with care to the highest health safety standards. They have big portions of all kinds of snacks and "local burgers" it's esp nice for lunch in midday. Go to the very top and u'll have a nice veiw on Thamel. Don't forget to try their banana lassi yumiee i can't choose the nicest one... I'm a vegeterian and i remember they have a nice choice of vegi food... my favourite drink...banana lassi (kind of a milk shake) and lemon fanta..believe me or not but it tastes very different over there...way better

Comments