De L'Annapurna

Booking.com Travelocity Otel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• qurratulayn's Profile Photo

Not Your Kind of Five Star

Our agent arranged for us to stay in this hotel claiming that it is the best hotel located in Kathmandu. We were hoping for a mega and extravaganza five star hotel but we were wrong. It was just an average hotel compared to other five stars hotels in other parts of Asia.

Then again, I have not much complaints about the hotel. Worth staying.

But I must applaud them for their service and trust. First of all, we stayed a night on the first day and afterwhich we had to travel to Pokhara. While on our journey, my nephew left his Manchester United jacket. Thinking that by then, someone would probably take it, we just leave it alone.

Afterwhich on the 2nd day of our trip, we actually came back to the hotel and I casually asked the Hotel Manager if they had seen the jacket. (Just betting on our luck). So the Manager went on to call its housekeeping staff and made enquiries. Guess what! By the time we reached our room to rest.....the doorbell rang and tadaa.....they gave us the jacket! Woah...

Doesn't really look 5 star but I guess the service was really good.

Unique Quality: Located near Thamel - a favourite local shopping street for many trekkers and tourists. It is within walking distance.

Near their one and only KFC- for chicken lovers and also situated near foreign branded shops like Giordana, Bossini, Adidas, Nike and etc.

Has a 24 hour convenience store which sells almost every necessities including undergarments!!!

• Great Place with a Memorable Stay

My husband and I found this Family running Annapurna Guest House through Lonely Planet and one of my friends had stayed at this place and recommended it. We booked the room from the Guest House website and their representative was in the airport, who gave us a warm welcome and provided us free airport pick up service.
    This place is very nice as it is quiet and neat and clean rooms with attached bath (hot & cold shower) and at economic room rates. In addition Thapa Family and staffs are very friendly and helpful, which made us, feel like home again. They have beautiful Terrace Garden where we sat, relaxed and enjoyed the nice view of Kathmandu valley and the Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple). We came to know about the recent renovation of the Guest House and we impressed by the cleanliness maintained in the Guest House. We kept connected to our friends and family members back at home through its services of Wi-Fi and Internet Access Zone. The food was good and delicious with plenty of choice. We highly recommend for Traditional Nepalese Food “ DAAL, BHAT” So, I would definitely recommend this family running Guest House to travelers visiting Kathmandu, Nepal.

Unique Quality: Quiet place, neat and clean room, friendly family run, great view from Terrace Garden, delicious food and etc.

• bradbeaman's Profile Photo

Where the airline put us during 30 hour delay

I liked it for free, but I might change my tune if I had to pay for the room . Just near the Royal Palace.

• Best Guest House with comfortable stay & friendly

I had a most enjoyable stay at the Annapurna Guest House coming back on a number of occasions when in Kathmandu. All the staffs are all so friendly making it a pleasure to come and go from the Hotel.

I would recommend the Annapurna Guest House to friends and other travellers who visit to Kathmandu, Nepal.

Have a great stay!

M. Team
    USA

Unique Quality: clean rooms with attached bathroom (hot & cold shower), cable television with selection of channels in the room for comfortable stay, Restaurant serves delicious food, beautiful roof-top garden with spectacular view of hills and KTM valley including Swayambhunath Stupa. Family and friendly atmosphere, helpful people.

Directions: northern part of Thamel 2-3 minutes walking distance from the main centre.

• centrally located, Friendly, neat & clean hotel

very friendly, good helpful information all at a good price. great position in the middle of thamel, worth giving a try

Unique Quality: beautiful roof-top garden with restaurnat & bar from where you can see the nice view of hills and himalayas around the kathmandu valley, they have attached bath room with hot & cold shower, internet service in hotel lobby, cable television with sports, movies, music & news, frendly & helpful people

Directions: located in the northern part of Thamel from the main street Lekhnath marg turn left to the main entrance of thamel street then after 200 mtr. turn left, it is just next to hotel norbulinka

Comments