Hotel Harati

Budget Travel Singles Women's Travel
WaRPer's Profile Photo

3-Star Class, 5-Star Service

by written on April 24, 2008

Hotel Harati located in the "calmer" part of Thamel, with an easy access to almost everything. I moved to this hotel after some not-so-OK nights in another GH. So my local freind suggested this one to me, which turned out to be a really a pleasant stay. For twin room/single occupancy, it costed me 16 USD -- acceptable. As a "Hotel" as it is, the room is quite spacious, with clean bathroom, color TV, closet and a safe deposite. The most important thing about this place is that they're not trying to harass you by selling tour packages nor undesired help. I really recommend this hotel to single travelers, I feel safe around here! As far as I can tell you, Nepali guys still have that kinda "Negative Images" towards women traveling alone, believe me I did suffer a heck from this!!

Unique Quality: IT'S SAFE, NO HARASSMENT, COMFY

nattybabe's Profile Photo

Comfortable with a huge garden

by written on June 19, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Harati which is located just outside of the Themal area.

It is a comfortable hotel with a huge lobby, garden, restaurant and terrace. The rooms are Ok with TV's (with actual English channels! A treat after China), bathrooms with shower over bath (although the water is brown), twin beds, airconditioning and either a view of the street or the back garden area.

I did see a suite and it is 4 times as big as a standard room but also 4 times the price.

All in all I'd recommend the Hotel Harati as it is close to the action but also very peaceful and relaxing.

1W1V's Profile Photo

Nice agrden and Flowers

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2006

Stay there for a couple of nights in Nov 2005.
The hotel is ok, the rooms are not fancy but it is enough.
The price on the website is very high but booked through the trekking agency, I was charged 18 USD for a double room

Unique Quality: Garden
Close to the trekkingl agency

shortbutkute's Profile Photo

Nice and handy.

by written on December 19, 2005

Travelling solo to Kathmandu, I didn't want to have to deal with the drivers who hassle you like mad at the airport. My travel agent said that transfers couldn't be arranged before hand. The staff of this hotel were so helpful in arranging for someone to meet me when I arrived and take me to the hotel. Yes, there was a charge but it was somthing like $10AUD. For my peace of mind, it was money well spent.

Unique Quality: The back garden at the Hotel Harati is a like a garden of Eden. After spending a hot dirty day out on Kathmandu's streets, it's great to have a place to escape to for a refreshing ale or two (or three). The gardens are landscaped and you definately don't feel like you are in Kathmandu!!!

Directions: 5 minutes (if that) walk to Durbar Square

Roggeveen's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel with a beautiful quiet garden

by written on May 18, 2005

Good quality hotel.
Beds were a bit hard
Toilets and shower in the room
Try to get a room at the garden side. The other side is overlooking a crowded road where the traffic starts quit early.

Unique Quality: Nice garden. The city is very crowded, so it's nice to have a place where you can relax.

Directions: Between durbar Square and the shopping area Thamel

Hotel Harati

• Harati Hotel Kathmandu

Address: P.O. Box: 289, Ikhapokhari, Chhetrapati, Kathmandu, Nepal

10 Photos of Hotel Harati

Kathmandu Travel Forum

Need advice about Kathmandu, Nepal? Visit the Travel Forum for Kathmandu and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kathmandu hotel reviews