P.O. Box: 289, Ikhapokhari, Chhetrapati, Kathmandu, Nepal

Agoda.com

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

3-Star Class, 5-Star Service

Hotel Harati located in the "calmer" part of Thamel, with an easy access to almost everything. I moved to this hotel after some not-so-OK nights in another GH. So my local freind suggested this one to me, which turned out to be a really a pleasant stay. For twin room/single occupancy, it costed me 16 USD -- acceptable. As a "Hotel" as it is, the room is quite spacious, with clean bathroom, color TV, closet and a safe deposite. The most important thing about this place is that they're not trying to harass you by selling tour packages nor undesired help. I really recommend this hotel to single travelers, I feel safe around here! As far as I can tell you, Nepali guys still have that kinda "Negative Images" towards women traveling alone, believe me I did suffer a heck from this!!

Unique Quality: IT'S SAFE, NO HARASSMENT, COMFY

• nattybabe's Profile Photo

Comfortable with a huge garden

We stayed at the Hotel Harati which is located just outside of the Themal area.

It is a comfortable hotel with a huge lobby, garden, restaurant and terrace. The rooms are Ok with TV's (with actual English channels! A treat after China), bathrooms with shower over bath (although the water is brown), twin beds, airconditioning and either a view of the street or the back garden area.

I did see a suite and it is 4 times as big as a standard room but also 4 times the price.

All in all I'd recommend the Hotel Harati as it is close to the action but also very peaceful and relaxing.

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Nice agrden and Flowers

Stay there for a couple of nights in Nov 2005.
    The hotel is ok, the rooms are not fancy but it is enough.
    The price on the website is very high but booked through the trekking agency, I was charged 18 USD for a double room

Unique Quality: Garden
    Close to the trekkingl agency

• shortbutkute's Profile Photo

Nice and handy.

Travelling solo to Kathmandu, I didn't want to have to deal with the drivers who hassle you like mad at the airport. My travel agent said that transfers couldn't be arranged before hand. The staff of this hotel were so helpful in arranging for someone to meet me when I arrived and take me to the hotel. Yes, there was a charge but it was somthing like $10AUD. For my peace of mind, it was money well spent.

Unique Quality: The back garden at the Hotel Harati is a like a garden of Eden. After spending a hot dirty day out on Kathmandu's streets, it's great to have a place to escape to for a refreshing ale or two (or three). The gardens are landscaped and you definately don't feel like you are in Kathmandu!!!

Directions: 5 minutes (if that) walk to Durbar Square

• Roggeveen's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel with a beautiful quiet garden

Good quality hotel.
    Beds were a bit hard
    Toilets and shower in the room
    Try to get a room at the garden side. The other side is overlooking a crowded road where the traffic starts quit early.

Unique Quality: Nice garden. The city is very crowded, so it's nice to have a place where you can relax.

Directions: Between durbar Square and the shopping area Thamel

More about Hotel Harati

Guest House Hotels

by SumTingWong about Hotel Harati

Although commonly called "guesthouses" the "guesthouses" in Thamel (and Chhetrapati, the whole Thamel area) are relatively inexpensive hotels, and my favorite by far is Hotel Harati in Kathmandu. This place is a true diamond in the rough, and is an outstanding deal. The rooms were nice; the staff was great and really helpful, especially when we needed to have group volunteer work planning meetings. They have a meeting room and it is a perfect place to stay before heading out on an expedition to the deeper Nepal. It is also located on Chhetrapati Street, a minute walk from all of the Thamel favorites, but more out of the way from the loud crowds and hawkers. Note that their prices will suddenly change by season, so when I was there in July for example the price for a double room was like US$40, during the peak it is more like US$60. They have a great garden type area out back, quiet and fastidious right in the Thamel Area. The front desk staff is excellent, they have pretty good exchange rates, and laundry service. This place as I stated before is a diamond in the rough when it comes to Kathmandu Thamel "guesthouses".

in downtown kathmandu

by MrBill about hotel harati

We stayed in the Harati on the way back from the Khumbu Region after more than 10-days up in the mountains. In those 10-days I had one hot shower, two cold showers, several where the warm water almost made up for the unheated rooms and several days without. Getting back to a real hotel was a treat.

The Harati Hotel is located on a busy street near the Hanuman-dhoka Durbar Square in the center of Kathmandu and close to many shops and other cultural attractions that are easily reachable on foot. The hotel itself opens onto a quiet garden so the noise of the outside traffic was not a problem.

This would be a two or three start hotel in western Europe. The rooms were clean and adequate for a few nights. The restaurant served a reasonable lunch and breakfast. The cost at $40 per night is quite high for Kathmandu, but reasonable for the international traveler. Being close to everything by foot made the price seem worth it.

As a jumping off point in Kathmandu to or from the Himalayas I would prefer it to the Village Park Resort which although nice is simply further out and requires a taxi or mini-bus if you desire to go anywhere. In terms of quality, they are almost a toss up.

Kathmandu accomodation

by cancian

Hi,

next 15 august I will be in Kathmandu a fews days whit 2 my friends.
Anyone know the KUMARI DEVI Ghuest house in Durbar Square?
I ssen this in my Lonely Planet but I didn't find in the web.

CRISTIANO

by canuck01

The Kathmandu Guest House is good

Re: Kathmandu accomodation

by cancian

I know the Kathmandu Guesthouse but my friend who came whit me told me about Kumari Devi. Nice location. Do you know?

by canuck01

I just know about her house there, was not aware of a guest house at the same area

by SumTingWong

Cristiano:

I stayed at Hotel Harati (3 days ago actually) on Chhetrapati, by Thamel. Very good value for your money. I found Durbar suqare to be more of an annoyence than a pleasure (more hawkers than in Thamel, scenery would be nice though). Staying near Thamel also has its drawbacks but its cheap.

-Mateo

If you need any up to date info on Nepal I just got back from a 2 month trip there, e-mail me.

Comments