- Hotel Courtyard
- Shaligram Apartment Hotel
- Dolphin Guest House
- Royal Penguin Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Norbu Linka
- De L'Annapurna
- Hotel Yak & Yeti
- Kathmandu Guest House
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Kathmandu - Soaltee
- Hotel Himalaya
A very decent hotel, away from the Thamel noise
I have stayed here twice now, over the last 2 years, both in November during mountaineering trips. The reasons I will continue to come back here are:
1. It is just far enough from the touristy and crowded area of Thamel, that is a popular place for shopping in Kathmandu. I have stayed in Thamel hotels too, but I prefer staying away from the noise. You can briskly walk down to Thamel from here in about 15 minutes.
2. The hotel is very decent, in that the accommodation was clean but not plush, the rooms are good-sized but definitely not cramped, the beds are not soft but also won't break your back, the toilets are not 5-star but have all basic facilities in working order.
3. There are a couple of working computers in the lobby where you can access the internet for about 50 rupees for an hour (cheap). Wireless internet is available in the lobby for some 150 rupees for a day package or 50/hour. Cheap enough to check mail once a day.
4. The restaurant is good, I dare say. I have dined here 3 times over my 7 days of stay here and I haven't been disappointed or come down with diarrhea. I especially relished the chicken momos.
5. The staff is usually attentive, friendly and polite. Of course you might find a brattish attendant once in a while, but that is true of most hotels anywhere in the world.
Unique Quality: 1. Roof top restaurant, for a quiet evening read with a beer
2. Just far away from the maddening crowds of Thamel, yet walkable
Directions: Ask for Radisson hotel (5 star); turn right into a lane in front of Radisson and go about 30 metres. Hotel Tibet is to your right.
In Lazimpat: Hotel Tibet
Stayed here for three prolonged periods, one of these times I came and went three times. Booking and such services always impeccable. I figure that the place is popular also omong climbing teams, and Hotel Tiibet has its own hangers-on - repeat visitors treated like family. Very nice and sympatetic owners.
Didn't use too many of the hotel's services on offer, but the average users' stuff: laundry, room service food, telephone, writing/PC use in the room etc.
The electricity plugs were odd, but I managed to pry them open with a pen.
I have never been fond of their breakfast or lobby restaurant ("The Himalayan"), but the Tibetan outfit "Lhasa Kitchen" on the roof top is good. Some people in a party I once brought there got very sick by eating the a la carte food here, and I figure the kitchen staff isn't the most hyginenic or competent crew about.
Meeting rooms available on the top floor.
Unique Quality: It is quieter here in Lazimpat than in Thamel, the downside is that there are less diverse businesses in the neighbourhood. Super friendly and helpful hotel staff. Prices can be negotiated, often discounts for organisations, groups.
Run by a Tibetan business lady of stature, power and charm.
Business centre of sorts on call, with people that can assist you in business matters, computing, ticketing and the like.
A low key Tibetan carpets and curious store opens upon request
Good beds, big rooms, but a bit on the dark side - Tibetan architectural trait? I once needed a fridge beyond the minibar size as I had perishable goods for my embassy, and they promptly installed one.
I rarely watch TV while in KTM, but there is a TV in each room.
Plenty of eateries nearby if you take my hint regarding the hote kitchen standard.
Good outside terrace for an evening drink served by the Lobby Bar.
Directions: Along Lazimpat north of the Royal Palace, turn into the alley that leads to Raddisson Hotel, turn right at the entrance square to that hotel and proceed till the straight end (200 meters) and you'll be there.
Great Hotel. Nice rooms with en suite. Friendly staff. Great breakfast.
Only negative slighty out of the way near the Royal Palace. Still able to walk to Thamel but crossing the main road can be risky.
Unique Quality: Great views from the roof
Nearby Hotel Tibet
Nearby HotelsSee all 112
Vaishali Hotel 0.2 miles away
Le Meridien Kathmandu 0.2 miles away
Manaslu Hotel 0.3 miles away
Hotel Blue Horizon 0.3 miles away
Hotel Silver Home 0.3 miles away
Nearby AttractionsSee all 20
Shree Pashupatinath Temple 0.9 miles away
Durbar Square 0.9 miles away
Mountain Flight 1.6 miles away
Bodnath Stupa 2.7 miles away
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Tibet Kathmandu
- Tibet Hotel Kathmandu
Address: Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal
5 Photos of Hotel TibetView Professional Photos
Amenities at Hotel Tibet
- Continental Breakfast
- Room Service
- Bar / Lounge
- Free Parking
Kathmandu Travel Forum
Need advice about Kathmandu, Nepal? Visit the Travel Forum for Kathmandu and ask our Answer Gurus.