Durbar Marg, PO Box 1016, Kathmandu, Nepal

See Amenities
narkaji's Profile Photo

Royal Elegance

by written on July 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed here a few nights on part of our honeymoon. Initially they had booked us in the old wing which I thought was completely unsuitable be called five star. The room needed a makeover and the bathtub overflowed. After our complaints they puts us in the new wing which was really nice. What we loved about the hotel was the central location, beautiful landscape garden and the fine choice of restaurants. Our favorite is the Chimney, where my wife and I have fond memories of our pre-marriage dating days. It is perfect for a quiet romantic dinner. The staff are friendly and the food excellent.

Unique Quality: The rooms in the new room are tastefully decorated and our view from the window was of the lovely garden and pool.

ozalp's Profile Photo

Yak and Yeti

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2009

This is a nice hotel with helpful staff. We heard tons of things about this hotel before our trip. One of our friends had stayed here and loved it. After listening it that much, we learned that it was our base camp during this trip. We stopped by here several times, left our luggage, changed clothes, relaxed, had breakfast between long travels and finally we stayed here just for 1 night. Between Bhutan and Tibet, when we stopped by in Yak and Yeti and took some clean stuff from our luggage, the employee welcomed us with fruit cocktails.
It is an old and huge hotel. The rooms were impressive and comfortable. It has a lovely garden with a small pond and pool where you can have some tea or coffee. After the chaos of Kathmandu, this garden was like an oasis.
On our last day, I had also a lunch here. They have a rich buffet with lots of options. I certainly recommend it.

Unique Quality: Location, food, service, staff, garden

Decent Hotel

by written on April 28, 2009

The location of this hotel is fantastic. It is walking distance to Thamel. However, the hotel is a little rundown. It is touted as a 5 star, which it certainly used to be, but I would give it a 4 because it needs updating. The food was good. The one time I ask Guest Services for something, they were unable to help me and refered me to the travel desk, which was closed.

leena77's Profile Photo

Kathmandu's best hotel

by written on July 13, 2006

We had a conference in Yak & yeti.This hotel is a very good place to take a rest.Spaious rooms,lobbies.All 5 star facilities are provided here.

Unique Quality: 1.Location
2.Good ambience
3.Good food quality
4.Shopping area is nearby.
5.Situated in the centre of the town.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 6, 2005

The service was very good. The rooms were comfortable, and furnished in a traditional style, although with lots of satellite channels and toiletries etc.

There are some good cheap places to eat on the adjoining road, eg pizza, bakeries etc.

There are lots of very good souvenir shops and bookshops on the next street.

Good place for a business trip.

Unique Quality: None

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Suites

Kathmandu Travel Forum

Need advice about Kathmandu, Nepal? Visit the Travel Forum for Kathmandu and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kathmandu hotel reviews