Panuati Guest House

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kathmandu

Inside one of the palace courtyards - PatanInside one of the palace courtyards - Patan

Egg seller Khel TolEgg seller Khel Tol

The shopThe shop

View from rooftop - Tip of Mt Ganesh Himal visibleView from rooftop - Tip of Mt Ganesh Himal visible

Lhasa-Kathmandu by land

by yjg

Hi,
I am planning to travel from Kathmandu to Lhasa by land. On the web, I can find travel agencies which charge USD450 for a 7day land journey for this route. My question is whether I can purchase a similar package in Kathmandu for much less than that instead of booking over the internet.

Re: Lhasa-Kathmandu by land

by into-thin-air

My first piece of advice would be to take great care in accepting advice from someone who hasn’t taken the trouble to either write their own home / Nepal pages on here – Often the reason for this is that they are in fact touts posing as genuine travellers in the hope of gaining business – If you check their previous forum postings this will often confirm what I am saying !!
Personally I think if you have to deceive people from the outset then the chances of getting a good honest deal out of them is about Zero !!

Next – If you want a Genuine idea of how much you would expect to pay for such a trip in Nepal then drop my old friend Nirmal at HMA an email - All his contact details are on the travelogue entitled “A Very Important Decision” on my Nepal page.

I hope that helps a little but If you need more info then feel free to drop me another line
Happy Travels
Rob

Travel Tips for Kathmandu

Strolling - Public Waterhole

by SLLiew

Did see an elephant walking down a street and water buffaloes meat being cut into pieces while strolling. But I was pleasantly surprise to see a beautifully built public water supply built with intricate sculptured stone tiled walls.

Can see the locals here collecting water or doing their laundry. It was another Katmandu surprise for me.

Saddhus.

by euzkadi

When walking through Kathmandu and specially in religious places like Durbar, Patan or Pasupatinath is very common to find the Saddhus or holy men. A Saddhu or Sadhaka are ascetic people (some of then women) wich is doing Sadhara (a spiritual practice or spiritual way of life). They are devoted to one God but belongs to a particular face or form of the God. The vows that take includes: not having a family or a home, not work for money, not sleep in one specific place for more than three days. They are revered by their holiness but others are feared by their curses. In small towns they also intervene in conflicts between people.

Pashupatinath, bathing in the Bagmati River

by sachara

The Arya Ghat at the Bagmati River, just down the steps to the Pahupatinath Temple is a very popular place to visit.
So there are most of the time a lot of visitors around. Pelgrims take water from the holy river to bring home. Also ritual bathing take place in the river here.
We could sit at the riverside for hours, enjoying all the activities around the river.

Air India Flight: Pleasant Surprise!

by goutammitra

My Kathmandu page will be incomplete, if I do not write about my experience in this Air India flight no IC 747. Last time the aircraft was old and the service was bad without any smile. But this time I was in for pleasant surprise. The aircraft IC 747 an Air Bus 320 was brand new fitted with 6 channel movie, GPS, nice clean sheet. The food was excellent though only vegetarian and given with smile. Not only this when I told the hostess that if she can provide me little more, she not only went to the business class and got me one more plate but she wanted to make sure if I am still hungry!

This is where the difference lies. On return too the aircraft was little old but the food was great with great service. Surly, The Air India flight to neighboring country has improved a lot.

Excellent pizza! Excellent ambience!

by halfbeat about Rum doodle's

Excellent atmosphere!
Good prices and food we tried was all nice.
5 of us ate in there for about £20 including a couple of drinks.
Loved the decorated Yeti feet all over the walls, which are all signed by travellers who have visited the bar. It was really interesting reading what people had written on them about their climbs, treks and various adventures.
Can be very busy, so booking is maybe worth thinking about.
Served all kinds of food in there.
Excellent place for a drink too! I had a 'Tandoori chicken and onion pizza' and it was really good.
Another member of my group had a peppered steak and that was really nice too.

Comments