Kupondol Heights, Kathmandu, Nepal

Expedia.com Agoda.com

• Saagar's Profile Photo

At the centre of events - the Summit

I have been visiting and eating and meeting at the Summit on many ocasions, but never actually stayed overnight. Visiting people of ALL categories (price, comfort needs, location etc etc) staying there the only occational hitch comment has been on the difficulity of getting online in the room. Now, that's not a big deal in Nepal, considering what there is to see and do outside the hotel....
    The Summit draws guests from the international aid and diplomatic community due to its location and good facilities. It is upmarket from Kathmandu Guest House.

Unique Quality: The hotel is located a bit above the city for better air, views... see the mountains on a clear day.
    Good facilities for meetings, in fact, this is probably the preferred site for business and political negotiations is neutral space is needed.
    A business hotel above all.
    Good restaurant food on the premises, a nice garden.
    Severalø categories cater for many sorts of people, from backpackers' style ( a bit up from KTM GH), long term residental stays, to well-appointed upmarket rooms.

Directions: Kupondol Height in Patan city on the other side of the bagmati river from KTM.

More about Summit Hotel

Langtang trek

by brydieb

Hi, I'm going to be in Nepal on the 23rd September, and am thinking of doing a 10-14 day trek through Langtang National Park. I will probably pay a porter to carry my bag (should cost about $12 a day for that). Seeking a trekking partner to share in the experience. I'm easy going, and enjoy a laugh. I'm flexible with my plans, but need to be back in Kathmandu around about the 7th October as I'm doing some volunteer teaching near Kathmandu. Let me know if any of the above is of interest... I picked Langtang cos it's closest to Kathmandu and requires the least amount of time. I can be persuaded to change plans if you have any better ideas!!! Otherwise if Langtang takes your fancy, please get in touch!

Re: Langtang trek

by into-thin-air

Langtang may well be one of the closest trekking regions to Kathmandu but still involves a Long and very Uncomfortable bus journey to Dunche or Syapru Besi (see my transportation tips “Getting to the Trail-Heads for direct comparisons)
If that is your primary motivator for picking Langtang then maybe better to consider AC or ABC as you can be at those trail-heads in a lot less time
Good Luck in finding a trek-mate
Rob

Re: Langtang trek

by coeng

hallo,
I'm staying in nepal til the third of december. I would like to hear your experience on the langtang trek because I would like to do this trek too!
I think I'm too late to join you but I hope you'll get a good trip!
you can email me : cgulcher@hotmail.com
I stay in the summit-hotel, kathmandu. Maby we can meet in kathmandu to share our experiences!
Let me know,