Sherullah Baig Road Jutial, Gilgit, Pakistan

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• explore_discover's Profile Photo

Hotels in Gilgit

Here is a list of Hotels
    Gilgit Serena Hotel 4* US$85.00
    Reveria Hotel 3*
    PTDC Motel 2* Cost Around US$30.00
    Mirs Loge 2*
    Park Hotel 2*
    Panorama Hotel 2*
    Many other small hotels in the main Bazaar area at afordable price

More about Gilgit

Bedroom at Lost HorizonBedroom at Lost Horizon

Nanga Parbat (8126m) as seen from Fairy MeadowsNanga Parbat (8126m) as seen from Fairy Meadows

Military Band playing the tunesMilitary Band playing the tunes

The Grand Final Gilgit Vs ChitralThe Grand Final Gilgit Vs Chitral

To Pakistan in may/2009

by Iskandarija

Hi, we are group of six people and have a plan to go to Northern Pakistan via Islamabad, Peshawar and KKH to Kunjerab. I follow daily press in Pakistan, so I guess I know a bit what's going on there!? But we'll appreciate fresh information from people who are there, in Pakistan nowadays.
Thanks

by imranthetrekker

Bonjour mon ami,

If you're going to Gilgit-Baltistan, then you'll have to make it from Islamabad,Rawalpindi there are buses and coaches by NATCO, from Pir Wadhai bus station leave for Gilgit and there are flights from Islamabad airport to Skardu and Gilgit.

Ground realities are different from the spicy media updates and I'm here in Peshawar.

Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral are absolutely safe, avoid the tribal areas of north western Pakistan.

If you plan to go to Chitral then you could make it from Peshawar and there are flights to Chitral from Islamabad and Peshawar airports.

I wish you all the luck,

Imran Schah

Cities & Mountains of Pakistan, Photos

by lahoree

Follow the recommendations of imranthetrekker. In the 21st century we are still living in stoneage, spicy news are forced into our mouth and we see and feel what media wants.

I returned back from Nepal yesterday after 10 days of great holidays, I enjoyed every moment of my stay in that country. You know, I was also closely monitoring the situatuation there; strikes, road blocks, killing, clashes of student unions and what not.... despite all of this I pushed through my trip.

Core issue is the leadership of third world countries. They are just concerned about how to keep on clinging to the throne and just put a deaf ear on the rest.

by Mozumbus

Last year (August), I went through the same route; Karachi - Peshawar - Islamabad - Gligit - Khunjrab Pass - Islamabad - Lahore - Karachi. I went to Peshawar just to attend a wedding and it was not much to do with the Trip, if at all.
Ongoing Law and Order situation in the Northern Areas, specially in Sawat, is not an impediment at all if you are going to Gilgit via KKH. My sister and her husband came back this Sunday from Kaghan Valley (Shogran) and did not have any issues at all.
In past, tourists, specially foreign tourists used to go for Peshawar - Chitral - Gilgit - Islamabad route by road. However, I would not recommen you this route because of the Sawat situation.
I would rather recommend you to go to Islamabad, book a subsidized PIA tourist flight to Iskardu in advance (PKR 4000), this way you may get a chance to see Nanga Parbat and K2, stay a day or two in Skardu, visit Deosai planes, leave Iskardu in the morning for Gilgit (10 hoours) vis NATCO or Mashabaram Bus Service, continue your joureny till Karimabad, Hunza by local transport (2 hours). Stay there for atleast 4-6 days. You can make a day trip to Khunjrab and for this you need to hire a private car/jeep otherwise you have to stay at Sost. On your way back, you may take bus (NATCO) either from Hunza or Gilgit to Islamabad or you may take PIA flight.
You may have a look at my Hunza photos with descriptions at Flickr:

by lahoree

Well said Muzambus

by Mozumbus

Travel Tips for Gilgit

A Gilgit General Tip

by l_joo

This tip is being build on the spot, in the village of Gilgit. I just arrived this morning by bus from Mansehra town. 430RS each 16 hours approximately taken with 'Out of this world' scenery, completely beyond words. Nobody knows how to describe it yet, only eyes can see it. Gilgit is just a small village surrounded by hundreds kms of semi-desert mountainous terrains and also the famous Indus river which accompanying me all the way. I saw one of the highest peak in the work named Nanga Prabat (8100m++). The overall impression is just amazing, on top of the world. I will be heading to the famous border pass called the Kunjerab Pass soon in few days' time.......

On the way to Gilgit

by l_joo

This picture is basically what you can see from the bus, long distance bus from Mansehra or Islamabad, depends where you begin. Click the picture, its a big Indur River, this river is very strange, there's not lifes on the river banks, no vegetations. The bus drive some 4 hours only all these, dried and lifeless.

Landscape to Gilgit

by l_joo

Landscapes are about this for overall the surroundings of Gilgit town, the town is actually a big valley full of greeneries and not many inhabitants but very comfortable feel, tranquil especially, basic, ancient, and rural peoples made up all, I like it so much. Picture is still on the bus to Gilgit, some 3 hours before, one side is huge mountains, one side is Indus river very deep and wide. The bus is in between, crazy scenery I have to say.

The crazy landscape

by l_joo

Still on the bus, don't get over excited. Now you look out to your windows, the lanscape is just crazy, hopelessly beautiful, even the local Pakistanis had to strectch their necks to look, I was almost loosing control to shout at the stupid driver to stop for a rest but not a good idea, so I just keep snapping photos.

In early morning

by l_joo

Now the sun is rising at 7.30am somewhere before Gilgit, still looking at the mountains surrounding in front, still very exciting but the bus driver won't stop, gotta wait but looking. The was an Afghan guy sitting behind me with legs up to my head, I don't know what's wrong with his behavior but let him do it.

Comments