Angeles City Hotels

Our Members Say

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 1895

PREMIERE HOLIDAY HOTEL: PLEASANT PLACE TO STAY

I had stayed at this hotel in 1998 and on this year's visit to Angeles my friend was staying here so we had a few beers at the bar. He had booked via email and had a family unit which had two bedrooms, one for him and his wife and one for his son. Refrigerator and cable TV were in each of the bedrooms. Downstairs is a decent swimming pool, the usual pool table, restaurant and bar. I enjoyed the burger there and the beers were quite cheap considering the location. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood 10 minutes walk from the main entertainment area and SM Shopping Mall.
There is even a strange looking fish in the fish tank by the reception.

• Written July 20, 2013

swimming pool

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 1895

VILLA SANTOL: EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD VALUE

My friend always stays here when flying in and out of Clark so we decided to give it a try. Although the place could have used some minor renovation the room we were given had a small sitting room, bedroom with cable TV and a bathroom that was adequate but could do with re-tiling. Outside there was a billiard table, darts and a bar/restaurant, but we seemed to be the only guests during the off season. The owner was Swiss and the manager was very helpful. It is a 10 minute walk from the main jeepney station and not too far from the bars if you were interested in that type of thing. The price was extremely cheap at 550 pesos a night. I believe that the establishment only has 5 or 6 rooms but we booked by email and they were very quick in confirming our reservation. We had a fen room but a/c rooms are also available.
The gate is locked around 9 pm each evening but guests are given a key should they arrive late. There is rather a fierce looking dog kept on a chain to warn intruders off.
Also it is worth mentioning that when the staff retire for the evening you just help yourself from the refrigerator and record your purchases in a book. It is nice to be trusted.
If you are a little lonely there you can always try teaching the cuckatoo how to talk--- he is learning very slowly!!!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 20, 2013

restaurant

• BarryBraund profile photo BarryBraund
  • Reviews: 35

Hotel Marquis: Hotel Marquis -Friendly hotel with good atmosphere

I have stayed here a few times now, and because of the relaxed style of the place and the friendly staff, it feels like coming home.

The hotel is in two parts, one building opposite the other, on the other side of the street. I usually stay in the 'poolside' rooms, which always feels that it has more atmosphere there, being close to the bar/restaurant and pool.

The rooms provide everything you need, Air-Con, a safe, sat-tv, stocked fridge, wi-fi and en-suite bathroom. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels.

The staff are great and if you need anything in particular they will always try to help. I think this is one reason you see so many tourists returning here, as well as local foreigners calling in for drinks and food.

With rooms from 990 Pesos it is a reasonably priced hotel with a good variety of food, almost whatever time of day or night you feel hungry.

There is 24 hour security on the entrance to the hotel, making the place feel safe and secure. Whilst it is away from the city centre which can be loud and crazy, you can easily get a trike for 100 Pesos to the shopping centre or the bars in town.

There is a regularly cleaned pool, with a good open seating area overlooking it and a pool table in the bar.

If you are looking for a friendly hotel with a good atmosphere, look no further than Hotel Marquis.

Only 15 minutes from Clark Airport.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 13, 2013

Hotel Marquis - poolside

• kenstan profile photo kenstan
  • Reviews: 80

Clarkton Hotel: Nice Hotel

Nice place close to the airport has free internet pool about a mile from the action with free rides.

• Written December 4, 2009
Tip Photo

• gallanthand profile photo gallanthand

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ORCHID INN RESORT, ANGELES CITY, PHILIPPINES: AMERICAN MANAGER CONTROLS PARKING ON PUBLIC STREET

AMERICAN MANAGER CONTROLS PARKING ON PUBLIC STREETS AT THE ORCHID INN RESORT IN ANGELES CITY, PHILIPPINES

This is Robert Laing. On August 8, 2009 at 10:15 A.M. my daughter and I went to the back side of the original Orchid Inn Resort by the pool. We parked our motorcycle properly down the side of the street by the door on the cement public street. When I was parking an employee tried giving me the 3rd degree asking me if I am going to eat here etc. He told me I will have to move my motorcycle across the street to a rock and dirt area. Initially, I told him no. Then I parked the motorcycle in the area. The employee and Dave Crowe (Hotel Manager) knew the area they (try to order customers to park) tell people to park their motorcycles is in a muddy area with small stones and it has been raining a lot recently. My motorcycle would have not fallen if I parked it on the cement public street where anyone has a right to park. I parked the motorcycle where rude employees barked orders for me to park. Dave Crowe intentionally put my motorcycle at risk. Then the same employee told me that my motorcycle fell down. My motorcycle sustained damages such as a broken signal light, scratches etc. I ask repeatedly to speak to the American manager. One employee told me he was going to call the police on me and have the police instruct me on proper parking in the Philippines. Numerous employees were telling me proper parking procedures in the Philippines. Finally, the manager named Dave Crowe Came up and yelled and was ranting and raving at me and yelled that he has a right to control the street and that he will not pay to fix my motorcycle. Dave Crowe said arrogantly said that the motorcycle fell down because I did not park it properly I guess meaning I am stupid because I do not know how to park properly. In an email that Dave Crowe sent me on Aug 9, 2009 he states and I quote “we don't own the roads but we do control parking in the interests of our restaurant guests.” Foreigners cannot even legally own property in this Philippines such as land. That manager acts like public streets are owned by his hotel. I guess Dave Crowe has his employee’s 3rd degree people parking on a public street. I guess if you do not spend money in the hotel/restaurant he will not allow people to park on a public street. These actions are despicable and extortion. What is this manager going to do next? Maybe charge for parking on a public street! He thinks he can do this since he controls the streets.

I recently read an article in the one of the major Manila Newspapers. It said in the article people and businesses have no control parking on public streets except say you are blocking someone's gate to their house. In that article it said if businesses want to control their parking they should buy their own private land. Our family has eaten at the Orchid Inn hundreds of times for years. NO MORE! People like Dave Crow are despicable. I was going to take my daughter for breakfast at that hotel that day for a special occasion. When we left my daughter was crying and she was very upset. Orchid Inn Resort does not own the public streets nor do they have a right to instruct their employees to interrogate customers what they are doing. It is despicable that an Orchid Inn employee threatens to call the police. The parking on public streets are first come, first serve basis. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT PEOPLE AVOID THE ORCHID INN RESORT SINCE THIS BUSINESS IS NOT CUSTOMER ORIENTED AND TREATS REGULAR CUSTOMERS LIKE GARBAGE. DAVE CROWE APPARENTLY IS HAVING DELUSIONS OF GRANDUER THINKING HE OWNS PUBLIC STREETS.

Sincerely,

Robert Laing

THE FOOD IS NOT BAD.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 14, 2009

• somnioamo profile photo somnioamo
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Vida: Nice Hotel

Beautiful hotel near Clark Air Base. All of the hallways are open-air, which creates a nice, relaxing atmosphere. The pool area has a great design and includes a swim-up bar and a waterslide. The food in the restaurant is delicious. The best thing about this hotel was definitely the service...the staff was there to always accommodate their guests and were always willing to do everything they could to make you happy. The only downfall of this hotel was the hardness of the beds.

Five star service!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel, Spa and Resort, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written June 4, 2009

• annevitug profile photo annevitug
  • Reviews: 2

9five0 Condotel: Hotel/Condo in a Great Location

Would definitely recommend this hotel/accomodation to everyone!

9-Five-0 ("0" pronounced as "Oh") Condotel is located at the heart of the famous Fields Avenue in Angeles City. It is near Clark Freeport Zone, the North Luzon Expressway and Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway.
Guests are welcomed by very friendly staff in the lobby, opulent space and lounges designed with sophistication but sure to bring out the same comfort of your own home. Known for its whimsical charm and attention to detail, the hotel attracts travelers who want to experience not only a pampered and relaxed stay, but also a great and memorable time with loved ones.

9-Five-0 Condotel is a 21 room condominium-type hotel that is located at 950 Fields Avenue, Balibago, Angeles City (near Clark Freeport Zone Main Gate).
All rooms are appointed with custom-designed furnishings in individualized color schemes of reds, creams, blues, greens and yellows.
This establishment is home to Tugs Restobar - a restaurant and bar in one, MR. JJ Supermart - a premiere 24-hour convenience store, boutique and gift shop, BMGA Drug Store, and Vitz Beauty Salon, all under one roof.

* Beds with Premium bedding
* Free WIFI
* Air-conditioner
* Bathroom (Hot & Cold Shower)
* Cable Television (other rooms have DVD Player)
* Local Telephone
* Piped-in Music
* In-room Safe
* Complimentary Breakfast
* For some rooms: Mini-kitchen with Refrigerator, Microwave Oven & Water Percolator; Bathtub with Hot & Cold Shower; Free airport to hotel transfer and vice versa for Clark International Airport passengers only.

• Related to: Hot Air Ballooning, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 22, 2009

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Savannah Resort Hotel: They Pamper You!

The standard and deluxe rooms of the hotels inside the Clark Special Economic Zone were fully booked when we inquired, so went around Angeles City to check out some hotels/hostels. After inspecting quite a number of hotels/hostels, we chose the new Savannah Resort Hotel because of the ambience, reasonable hotel rates, amenities, presence of its own 24-hour resto-bar, friendly staff and most importantly, its proximity to the Friendship Highway which will bring us to the site of the 2009 Int'l Hot Air Balloon Fiesta only in minutes.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for the following reasons:

The hotel is very new with guarded parking space infront, airy pool area, and 24-hour room service. Their standard and deluxe rooms have the same size and lay-out, the only difference is the bath tub at the deluxe room. The standard room is equipped with a very new airconditioning unit, custom-made duvets, hot & cold shower, hair dryer, lcd tv with 32 cable tv channels + 3 in-house video movies, well-stocked mini-bar & ref, in-room telephone with international and domestic calls,WiFi internet connection, study & dressing cabinets and what I liked best - comfortable bed with clean satin sheets and Class 'A' fluffy pillows, plus thick, soft and absorbent towels.

Nice ambience, clean pool, fast room service, guarded parking space, very friendly staff.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Hot Air Ballooning, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written February 15, 2009

Savannah Resort Htl Front Desk

• gorriepeter profile photo gorriepeter

American hotel: American hotel

I stayed at this hotel a few times because it is cheap ,1400 php for a room.i heard of a lot of people getting rip off at this place. don't put money in their safe,cause some of it will be missing. the last time i was there in sept. 2009 they got me for 75 php for a bag of chips missing in the bar, which i never touched. but i heard they do it to everyone. [ or missing towel]avoid this place ,the customers are always wrong,and they have a very bad attitude.

dirty pool old carpets and every door seems like it bin kicked in at one time

• Written February 1, 2009

• racan profile photo racan
  • Reviews: 4

Wild Orchid Resort: My home away from home

I had a great time here. The rooms are clean, and nice, with A/C, Fan, Cable TV, Internet, and Mini Bar, comfortable beds, and large bathroom. Hotel staff was great, from making the reservations via e-mail, arranging transportation from the airport in Manila, Checking in/out, to housekeeping. Everyone was quick with a greeting (even remembered my name), as well as a smile. The pool is nice with two Jacuzzis, and a swim up bar. The garden area by the pool is a nice place to relax and have a few drinks and/or dinner in the afternoon/evening. They have a nice open air restaurant/bar area with good food at decent prices. My stay here was great, and I'll stay here again next time I come to Angeles.

Nice open air 24 hour bar/restaurant, Nice pool/garden area, excellent staff and services. Free Resort-wide WiFi & Ethernet connection in the rooms.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Singles
  • Written October 23, 2008

• nickxxbuzz profile photo nickxxbuzz

Sunset Gardens Hotel: Angeles Citys hidden treasure

Go to Sunset Gardens. $25.00 a day. They have the deepest pool in Angeles City, and is walking distance to Feild. 6 pesos and 5 minutes by jeepney. They have a website and you can reserve a room at info@sunsetgardens.com

It's run by Swiss....Dietmar is the manager I have stayed there 10 times. I never would stay anywhere else. It's a lovely little place 45 rooms. Tell them Harry sent you (I'm going October 23rd for 3 weeks). 24 hour restraunt in a beautiful open air envirionment by the pool. It's great. Safe, clean, and they offer 2 key safety deposit boxes as well as in room safes.24 hour room service. Fly the bus will pick you up for 550 pesos and take you back to Manila airport.

Just a great place to stay with a friendly staff. The price is very reasonable.

• Written October 13, 2008

• sean123ct profile photo sean123ct

3 Bedroom Villa: Fontana Leisure Park

Fontana Leisure Park
The worst resort I have ever stayed in. Only catered to Chinese gamblers (junket tours)

1. 30 minutes check-in with no other persons inline. 1 hour check-out.

2. Villa had no towels, no minibar, no water, no pillowcases. Called to get this fixed and it took hours for them to fix the problem, but still no minibar. Also, no kettle, stove doesn't work, and most of the light bulbs were dead.

3. The villa is 15-20 minutes from town---they lack enough vans and cars and thus can't get out of the resort. We requested transport twice and they has no vans available. The place is like a jail, but without water and food.

4. Villa has not resort info. No room service menu

5. They only have one restaurant---a Chinese Restauarant and one bar.

6. No store nearby to buy anything. 20 minutes away and they may not have transport for you.

7. General Manager refused to meet with me.

8. The phones in the villa were broken as was TV. They never fixed them.

9. The villas are far from the pool.

10. The restaurant (Chinese) is overpriced. The food is good, but the place is not family friendly. No food for children.

Many other problems. They ruined the vacation. This place is only catered to Chinese gamblers. Stay far away. The only good thing is the water park, which you can visit as nonguest. The waterpark, though, is small, but it is fun for young children. Plan only 3 hours at the water park.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Casino and Gambling, Family Travel
  • Written September 9, 2008

• honeybea profile photo honeybea
  • Reviews: 22

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

fontana leisure park: fontana leisure park

a member has 7 night coupons a year,wherein he only pays the maintenance fee of Php1,500 and he gets 50% off the published rate if he exceeds 7 nights.

it is also open to the public,the rate for a 2 bedroom villa is php7,700,if you know somebody whose a member,better book thru him just don't forget to bring an authorization letter from him and a xerox of his membership id :)

it has a water theme park with a wave pool and giant water slides,man made lagoon,a pool with jacuzzi,casino,golf course,tennis court,restaurants that offer international and Chinese cuisine

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 21, 2008

• Yla profile photo Yla
  • Reviews: 193

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Medgar Executive Apartelle: Apartment-style hotel

Great for family or group travels and has amenities for cooking. Has rates for daily, weekly and monthly. Starts from P1700/night

own water supply, with generator, microwave, free LAN / internet, refrigerator, free airport transfers from Clark airport

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written November 13, 2007
Tip Photo

• kenningst profile photo kenningst
  • Reviews: 529
Wobbly Pension House: Wobbly Pension House

This place is by far the cheapest accomodation in Angeles City. Their room with fan is P350 and ones with air-con is only P650. I looked at the room and it seems a little dodgy to me. Its just a room with a little bulb. The room is seperated by a bamboo wall. I personally will not stay here but if you are really on a tight tight budget and you just want a place over your head to sleep, this seems like a pretty good choice.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive