#3 Leonard Wood Road, Baguio, Philippines

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com

• Bloomfield Hotel-Nice and New

My hubby and I stayed for two nights for a business trip to Baguio City during the Panagbenga 2007. We did not book ahead our accommodation for fear of ending with some creepy hotel or inn. We walked from the Victory Liner terminal to Session Road looking for a cheap and good place to stay. Most of the inns at that time were fully booked. We were hopeless and were willing to settle to some pricey hotel.

But lo and behold, we found near SM a new hotel which looked good outside. When we inquired about their rates, they were reasonable. The staff were nice and accommodating, keeping our bags in a safe place (until it was time for us to check in) while we wander around the city . The room was well designed, new and clean. Their resto in the ground floor has wifi (which was a blessing for me). Breakfast was good and price was reasonable.

The hotel is very near SM, Session Road and the convenience stores. Definitely it made my stay in Baguio worthwhile (mixing business with pleasure)

• punkzappa8's Profile Photo

Baguio Bloomfield experience

The service team was very accommodating and the place is very near the main area of the city. Near the bus terminal, near the mall and it's located on a main street - Leonardwood Rd.

The room is so cozy too :)

• Bloomfield

Stayed with my family (six adults and two kids) in May 2006. Very clean, cozy rooms, wonderfully designed too. We stayed in their executive suite, which has three bedrooms, a living area with a sofabed, a kitchenette and two baths. I would definitely recommend this hotel because it's new and clean. It's just across SM Baguio and at the top of Session Road. One night during our stay, though, when there was a power outage and they turned on their generator, I think someone forgot to do something, and the entire building filled up with choking fumes! We were already sleeping when this happened. I woke up, smelling gas! The staff brought an electric fan to our room. We complained about it the following day, and hopefully they learned their lesson.

Unique Quality: The hotel was quite new when we stayed and very clean. Allows food delivery, and they even let us borrow plates and other utensils even when we didn't order from their restaurant. Just outside the hotel is a sari-sari store where you can buy just about everything you need. The store's owner, Manang Bless, is very helpful and friendly. Further down the road are more grocery stores.

Directions: Across SM Baguio

• Apr 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My family and I travelled to Baguio from March 30 - April 1, 2013. This is probably the 7th or 8th time that i stayed at Bloomfield Hotel. I have never given this Hotel a review before, however i thought now would probably be the best time.

LOCATION: I love it's location, it's accessible to almost everything. It's easy to locate too because of it's proximity to SM which is impossible to miss. The Cathedral is just a few steps away as well as the famous Session Road which you can actually see from the facade of the Hotel. Though located on a busy area, at night it gets quiet so you don't lose a good nights sleep. It doesn't have a big garden though or a pool area where the guests can relax. Overall i give it's Location 4 stars.

RATES: I find the pricing a little steep considering the facilities and accomodations it has to offer, i guess it's because of it's location. My bestfriend told me it's one of the best hotels to stay at during PANAGBENGA since you would have a good view of the parade. Overall i give it 3.5 stars for Rates.

ROOMS: It was my Bestfriend who told me about this Hotel, i believe the word she used was "comfy", and it was at the time. We were given a room with a view, it had a balcony where you can watch the sun rise and get a full view of Session Road. And so, on my succeeding trips to Baguio i have decided to stay on this Hotel. Having tried almost all their rooms from their Deluxe rooms on the upper and lower floors, Suite A and Junior Executive Suite. At first the rooms looked okay to me, but these last trips they barely pass my criteria. For the price i'm paying it feels like a rip off. The rooms needs some serious refurbishing. They still use the lock and key method on the doors. The bathrooms needs to have a total redo also. I abhor dirty bathrooms. I dont know why they would clean the bathroom in between guests and decide to miss a spot with molds for the next guest to be dreary about. Even the towels and beddings are dirty white in the truest sense of the word. I had to ask the lady at the front desk to have our bathroom cleaned again because it still has molds. They only give you shampoo, conditioner and soap. No toothbrush and toothpaste, i guess they're not big on dental hygiene. I always bring my own toiletries but still it would be nice to have a back up in case you forget your own. The hot water tends to go on/off too, the sliding door on the shower area looks like it's gonna give in already. The toilet area is cramp too. It had a toilet paper dispenser where everytime you try to get some it rips into tiny pieces. The beddings have seen better days i think it's time for a change, after a long day a good night sleep on a clean, comfortable bed is all i need of course that's after a warm bath on a clean bathroom. Overall i give it's Rooms 2.5 stars.

CAFE: On our last trip they called our room to ask us if we wanted to put advance orders for our breakfast so we don't have to wait in the morning. The following morning we went down to eat. It took a while for somebody to sit us. We gave them our room no. and ordered an extra meal. After a long wait the breakfast we ordered the night before finally arrived. They even gave my mom the wrong meal. Even the preparation for the egg that i requested wasn't done right. Our extra meal didn't come until after some more minutes because the two people manning the Cafe were having a hard time trying to figure out our orders. Even after i told them already countless times what we're missing they still wont listen to me and tried to work it out themselves. I had to raised my voice a little so they would finally shut up and pay attention to what i'm saying. The next morning we came down to eat breakfast again, we were already sitted a few minutes and not one person tried to prepare the table for us. When the food finally came, there are no silverware for us to use, even the condiments you have to fetch yourself. I wouldn't mind only there are 2 kids with us and it's hard enough trying to eat without you having to wander around looking for stuffs you need. I ordered American breakfast in the hopes of having a PB & J on our last day. To my horror they don't have PB. They gave me butter instead. They're making up stuffs, had i been told that they don't have and had a weird combination instead i would've change my order. When the silverwares arrived we were given 1 thin napkin folded in half, God forbid you stain your clothes then you're doomed because guess what apparently all you'll ever need is 1 tiny napkin. The servers looked like they're in a trance, they don't ask if we needed anything and whatnot. Overall i give their Cafe service 2 stars.

And because of these latest experiences that i decided not to stay on this Hotel anymore. Also i dont feel that they're doing things to better improve their services and facilities. It's a shame i dont feel like i get my money's worth anymore.