Forest Inn Baguio

12 Legarden Road, Baguio, 2600, Philippines

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Baguio

The T-shirt I bought from the Mansion House guardsThe T-shirt I bought from the Mansion House guards

Session RoadSession Road

With my Igorot costumeWith my Igorot costume

Finally, I have worn and Igorot costume!Finally, I have worn and Igorot costume!

Baguio to Banawe?

by Ferlina

HI. My family and Iare planning to hve a vacation in Baguio then proceed in Banawe to see the rice terraces. Is there a road connecting these places? If there is which road and how far is it?
Thanks

by StefanosS

From Baguio you have to drive about 130km North-East to Bontoc and then about 50km South-East to Banaue. There is no faster way.

by edwinic

While we was vacationing in Banaue (Dec 2008) I chatted with a driver who is servicing an Australian tourist. He told me that there is a shorter route that connect Banaue and Baguio - but I was not in full attention at that time.

@OMAR - can you ask your tour-guide-friend if such road exists?

by asianbelle

In terms of travel time, it is approximately 8-9 hours.

@edwinic, your guide could be referring to the route via Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya. This is where the trucks from Cagayan to Baguio pass.

by StefanosS

According to this page (January 2009), Baguio to Aritao is 68km and you need 2h45min (!!!). The total distance Baguio-Aritao-Banaue seems to be the same with Baguio-Bontoc-Banaue, about 180km.

by marc09

The road is via halsema highway, Bagiuo to bontoc - 6 hours(95% concrete), Bontoc to Banaue - 3 hrs(70% concrete). In case you need a guide in banaue, here is his number 09108571952 - Jun. Upon checking google earth there is another road, via bokod, benguet-aritao-banaue, I just dont know the road condition.

by Ferlina

Thanks a lot. Greatly appreciated.

Travel Tips for Baguio

Pine Trees

by BLSM

Baguio is in the mountains, pine trees and cool weather is the norm. It is called the Summer Capital because many go to Baguio to escape the heat of summer. They do get typhoons there, but it is usually lots of rain. My last trip to Baguio happened to be during a typhoon and we had a leak in our room right in the middle of the bed. It was a 1/2 star or so hotel, nice but not expensive. I can't remember the name.

Jackets and stuff

by labyrnth29

Money - for shopping, sun block, Sneakers, light clothes and jacket. Bonnet at night If your not staying in a hotel, bring your own bath towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and shampoo any camera will do. just take care of them food!

Mr Chit Asignacion, VP of Chanum Foundation

by myspices

When we were about to leave Tam Awan Village, there was a gentleman who came and wish us goodluck and happy journey .... and someone mentioned that he's Chit Asignacion and that he's the one who has provided some great information on the Tam Awan village - history and lodge in the Lonely Planet. I was like kind of amused - thought that someone was pulling my leg (since I was holding a copy of the LP) - I didn't believe it.

Yes, he's the man - the VP of the Chanum Foundation which was set up to the preservation and teaching of the art and culture of the Cordillera people.

We were so honoured to have met him. He authographed on my LP and we requested for a picture with him.

Fine Baguio Stuff

by JaneCajuguiran about Easter Weaving Room

The Store offers a wide selection of Baguio crafts some of which are unique and authentic. Here you can find woven cloth which you can buy to have your own clothes made or ready to wear clothes of these fine woven materials. Woven cloth, silver jewelry or Ifugao woodcraft

Delightfully Eclectic Food from Picarre

by tinyMariam about Picarre Restaurants

Aside from their wide selection of classic and Baguio-original coffees, Picarre is also known for their delightfully eclectic menu which includes among others, pasta, savory and dessert crepes, sandwiches, rice meals, salads, cakes and pastries.

The Porta Vaga branch is right next to the Baguio Cathedral and their SM branch is located on the Veranda overlooking the city of Baguio. All their savory (pizza, ham cheese, pesto mozzarella) and dessert (generously filled with mango, strawberry, blueberry, etc.) crepes are to die for! My favorite is their pizza crepe which I can eat 2 at one time.

Likewise, all their hot and cold coffees me and my fiancee (he has ordered twice in one occassion their Machiatto) have tasted so far are the best!

Comments