Inn Rocio

Agoda.com Booking.com

Tags

Family Travel Hiking and Walking Budget Travel
See Amenities

Simple, hassle-free lodging near major sights

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2011

Pleasant no-frills budget hotel, just a short walk from Burnham Park, and within commuting distance of all the major local attractions. The rooms are sparse but comfy enough to guarantee restful sleep.

The complimentary breakfast was bland and the choices were limited, but the free coffee is a great perk.

Closet space is more than adequate, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well-maintained our bathroom was. I'm also picky about hot running water -- especially in a climate as nippy as Baguio, circa January -- so I'm pleased to say that it met my needs.

All in all, a great choice for busy travelers with a limited budget.

Directions: enter via a steep private driveway off Kisad Road -- all the taxi drivers seem to be familiar with it

by written on May 1, 2009

Since our last stay in Baguio was 15 summers ago, a lot of new places in Baguio already came up. My family and I decided to research for hotels we could stay at. We needed 3 rooms, because my sisters and our families were going. I provided my mom a list of some possible lodging in Baguio. Our first option was the Bloomfield hotel. However, for our dates of April 24-26, it didn't have availability. We didn't want to walk-in to other hotels though, for fear that we may not be able to get all 3 rooms in one hotel. Needless to say, my mom booked us at Inn Rocio. She was ecstatic that we only needed to pay 4,500 pesos per night for a condo type with 2 bedrooms, living room, and kitchen. We checked pictures on their website and some blogs, and it looked okay. But lo and behold, it was not! When we arrived at almost 1pm, the unit was not ready yet. We were advised to go back at 2pm. So we went out for lunch. We went back at almost 3pm. The guard paved the way. We had to go down 2 floors (like going down the basement). The hallways were dark. The children were complaining. When we got to the unit, it was so bland. And it looked so old. Still, we stayed. The next morning, only my dad was able to get a hot shower. The rest of us had to get like 2-3 minute shower baths only because there was no more hot water. And in Baguio, believe me, you'd really need hot water.
I am writing this review, so that future travelers are aware of the present state of this inn. Probably, stick to booking their rooms, situated at the main building. Never, ever book their condo units, or you're in for a major disappointment.

Unique Quality: Good points: Staff was helpful; Location was in great proximity to downtown Baguio and almost all attractions; Free wireless internet access in the lobby

Nearby Inn Rocio

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Baguio Travel Forum

Need advice about Baguio, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Baguio and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Baguio hotel reviews

Microtel's very own
Horseback Riding at Camp John Hay
The President's Mansion
Things to Do
Flavors and dough burst in your mouth
Restaurants
multi cuisine of a heritage restaurant
Give Victory Liner a miss
Great steaks and ambiance
Baguio Cathedral
Experience Diplomat Hotel
Things to Do
Good food, coffee, and history for everyone
A Breakfast Place...
Tree top adventure!
Eat strawberry taho!
generous servings!
Dinner Overlooking Baguio
Restaurants
A fine place to eat out for fresh gourmet food
Restaurants
Decent food, seems to attract foreigners.
Bombs away!
Have a Picnic at Camp John Hay
Things to Do
trave max and voyage plus
Things to Do
The place to be in Baguio
A great view
Camp John Hay
Things to Do
Planning to Tour Around Baguio?
Transportation
Relaxing in Burnham Park
Things to Do
Help the Senior Citizens in Baguio!!!
Visit the Botanical Garden
Those two big dogs at Mines View Park
Things to Do
I bought a cane in Baguio for my mom!
Shopping
Buy a Filipino pride t-shirt at Mansion House
Shopping
Renting a boat at Dolphin's Cove (Burnham Park)
Boating at Burnham Lake