Cagayan de Oro City Hotels

Our Members Say

• adventurousfeet profile photo adventurousfeet
  • Reviews: 39

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D' Morvie Suites: Cheap Travel

One of the cheapest place to stay is at D' Morvie. Their rooms are not that spacious but most of the time you'll be outside to explore the city, so this fits for backpackers and budget travellers.
Rates around 350-450 per 12 hours(for 2-3 pax). Check my blog for more pics.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Adventure Travel
  • Written February 21, 2011

• Cosmicomic profile photo Cosmicomic
  • Reviews: 2

New Dawn Pensionne: Nice place

I stayed here for nearly a week in May '10. The staff was courteous, the room was clean, and it's located near the city center. The TV was just an old box model, though, and they didn't have a restaurant, but I didn't have time to watch TV anyway and there was a diner (I believe the name was TapsiTime) right outside, so these were just minor snags and not dealbreakers. The price wasn't too high either. All in all, it was a very comfortable stay, and unless they've drastically changed in the past year, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

• Written October 6, 2011

• kaibigan profile photo kaibigan
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kingston Lodge - Apartelles and En-Suite Rooms: Cagayan de Oro's Jewel

This is my first hotel review. I actually didn’t want to write this one either, because it’s about a very special place, respectively hotel. I hesitate(d) because I am afraid that it will be overbooked, soon.

Kingston Lodge has fair-prized daily rates and competitive long-term offers.
What I like – and was astonished, too, when the first taxi brought us here on the first night: There is a bumpy natural street going off the high-way, for a bit more than hundred meters. One thinks: “Gosh, where do I end up, here?” – Then, after entering the gate, you immediately realize that you’ve arrived in a well hidden jewel of a place, which will prove itself to be really quite and relaxing.
All the rooms are very clean and nice. We chose to stay at an apartelle. Ours was real bright, spacey and in nice pastel colors. There are two which are less bright (because of a building behind them) for people who prefer that. – It is tastefully and practically furnished, with style.

We heard some people complain behind the hand because of this and that. In my opinion two things: One can always find something to complain. Then, what I’ve realized is that many of the complaining people are not those who live in – let’s say – luxury at home. Most of them who do either do not complain or go directly to a five or above star hotel where there is a world-wide set – sometimes boring – standard. I have stayed at many hotels which can be categorized no star up to many five star. – The issues, I heard people complaining at or on the Kingston Lodge are absolutely minor, in my opinion, things that can be handled simply with common sense. For example “kitchenette”, minor issues: Question to you: Would you change the stove – after a (or each) guest who is not educated to take care of other people’s goods and cooked with burning in stains to the stove. I guess not… Therefore, for me, us, absolutely no problem to look over little things like that. And, to repeat: It’s the people who don’t care, not the owner of the place. For example, at weekends, it could happen that people came using the pools without proper swim wear and showering, leaving dirty water behind that had to be cleaned with a lot of effort and cost.

No, let’s really face what a good and special place the Kingston Lodge in Cagayan de Oro is (and “No! I am absolutely not related to anybody there nor paid etc. ;-).”):

The staff is helpful and friendly, with a smile in their face, in general and also the ladies at the front desk. The owners are down to earth people who must have learned a lot about customer service some when in their lives. Furthermore, they are very knowledgeable about the area and always ready to give you any hint you can use.

They provide for a safe feeling all around the premises, with always friendly security guards on duty, too. If there was a problem, the maintenance was immediately there and took care of it instantly. At the beginning of our stay here, a new water pump system was put into place which made the hot and cold shower even more enjoyable than before. (Compared to many other hotels, the showers were perfectly working before as well, even if the water pressure was going up and down.)

I’ve never ever experienced such a good room staff as here at Kingston Lodge. I know, it sounds repeating, but true is true and fact is fact: They were friendly and courteous, did services I encountered the first time in all my traveling, such as even cleaning my cup while doing the daily room maintenance.

The food served at the restaurant has competitive prices and is among the best I’ve had in the Philippines. The pizzas are for sure number one, made in typical and genuine Italian style, juicy and with a great flavor. You can select between a variety of international and/or Filipino foods.

One of the “strange” side of myself – where I would have liked something different – is that I definitely would prefer an internet connection by cable instead of radiating WiFi. But, as said, that’s something I am picky, partly because of my profession. – However: The connection was good and always there when there was no brown-out or repair done. – When I came first, I was surprised not to find the German TV channel “Deutsche Welle TV” which would provide me with news about central Europe. But, in the information age, no problem: The computer connects me directly to the Swiss TV .

The hotel is located about six kilometers or about four miles away from the city center. But you are there quickly, either by one of the well-priced taxis or a Jeepney (can take longer).

I personally highly recommend the Kingston Lodge as the hotel of choice for your stay in Cagayan de Oro (even if you have business to in the city. The rewarding peace after being back at Kingston Lodge will really reward you greatly.)
In my opinion: Not only a best kept secret in Mindanao but also an example of great. well managed and friendly staffed hotel in the Philippines in general.

P.S. My wife and I stayed here for three months. I was complaining before getting here because I knew ahead that there’s no ocean and view to the sea but after arriving here, I did not miss it and felt happy all over, as my wife, too, and our children enjoyed the pools at the weekend and were treated very kindly.

P.P.S. Should Kingston Lodge be overrun in the future, I hope that I, respectively, we will still get a room ;-).

- excellent staff from owners to gardener help
- great rates
- great rooms
- quite place
- two pools
- excellent restaurant with half international, half filipino food (rare to find in the RP!)
- safe place

- highly recommendable

• Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Golf
  • Written April 24, 2010

Bedroom in Apartelle

• youngphotographer profile photo youngphotographer
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Park View Hotel: hotel without hospitality

room - their double accomodation room didnt look double to us...the romm was cramped and you have very little space to move around - the tv set was on top of the closet so it looks like one of those i see in hospitals

bathroom - the bathrooms are pretty cramped as well - when you stand in the shower ur knees would touch the toilet bowl. when you open the door anyone whos inside checking him/herself in the mirror would end up hitting it.

whats worst? - the manager insisted for us to pay 100 pesos for each of the 3 models ive asked to dress up in the room so at least they wont end up causing commotion at the photoshoot location - the manager claimed that his staff *whom he cant even present to us - proved that 3 of my models *actually* slept in the room - in a room who doesnt know what SPACE is, or lets just say the manager himself doesnt know the definition of the word - or if im allowed to give the dimensions - the room is like 4 by 4 meters only. and they call it de-luxe.

service - the manager ( mr. chiang) was the worst ive manager ive met - he complained coz her secretary woke him up in the middle of his shift, and ended up blaming me for it. he was mad coz i wouldnt speak tagalog *which i dont know or bisaya *that hes not familiar of - i was speaking in english coz im comfortable with in in arguments like that - but he was mad coz maybe, just maybe he couldnt comprehend. the manager ended up making a decision even if he couldnt present any videotape or witness to prove that i let my models sleep in that box. he harrassed us verbally and almost physically coz he ended up blocking the exit doors if we dont pay....

to mr. chiang, i told you multiple times that i can pay - the only problem is you wouldnt listen - remember what i told you? now here it is. bad service doesnt need patronage.

• Written May 9, 2008

• master_oj profile photo master_oj
  • Reviews: 5

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Wilshire Inn: Backpacker's haven

A very modest motel. We went to CDO not for the hotel but for whitewater rafting. This hotel is really cheap but don't expect too much. The water supply is OK, aircon seems fine as well. The bed is ok (nothing fancy). If I would grade this hotel and 5 is the highest I will give this 2.

near Divisoria and other must-see places including local resto...

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Eco-Tourism
  • Written October 27, 2008

• gypsysoul73 profile photo gypsysoul73
  • Reviews: 329

Ridgeview Chalets: Charming chalets in a private subdivision

The Chalets are located within the grounds of the Xavier Estates clubhouse. There are only a few chalets so you can be assured of personalized service. The views are pretty and guests have free use of clubhouse facilities such as swimming pool, bowling, etc.

• Written August 31, 2007

• edhpond55 profile photo edhpond55
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel accomadation: Grand City Hotel

Have stayed here at this hotel on my 3 trips to cagayan de oro. The staff, the rooms, the hospitality, has been great... Very safe, very affordable,very nice staff. My Place to stay, when i am in Cagayan de oro city....................Earl D Harris

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 4, 2007

• ayn_g profile photo ayn_g
  • Reviews: 105

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MASS SPEC Hostel: Near Divisoria area

The aircon doesn't work well. The room is not that well-maintained. The CR is too small. The dormitory type accommodation is also PHP 200 per head/night. The elevator is broken (our room is on the 5th floor... wah!!).

Near the Divisoria area where the Weekend Night Market is held. The manager, Paps Dagayo, is accommodating and helpful. He was the one who directed us to Sunshine Guest House when MASS SPEC couldn't accommodate us because it was fully booked.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 9, 2007

• ajmacnab profile photo ajmacnab
  • Reviews: 14

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pryce Hotel: Pryce Hotel: The best for foreigners!

My fiance and I stayed at the Pryce Hotel for 2 nights in early October 2007. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is clean, a bit expensive for CDO (about $75 USD) a night, a great view of the city as you are situated high on a hilltop, and very friendly staff. Room service is very prompt and the prices quite reasonable. We never used the pool but it look very clean and well-kept. We hired their hotel taxi for the day and the driver was fantastic. I recommend you take a day trip to Maria Cristina Falls and Tinago Falls in Iligan City...about 2-hours away by taxi. The cost was about 4000 pesos for the day (everything included) but well worth it!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 4, 2007

Cagayan de Oro: A view from our hotel room

• kalambagohan profile photo kalambagohan
  • Reviews: 4

Koresco Hotel: High end hotel in the city

It has an amazing pool, gym, restaurant and a very Asian room. The hotel is owned and managed by a Korean company.

It is just across the Pueblo de Oro Golf and Country Club and near the airport. It is far from the main road and any vehicular traffic.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written December 10, 2007

• jayjayc profile photo jayjayc
  • Reviews: 1264