Camp Clark Hotels

Our Members Say

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7907

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montevista Villas: Luxe Villas of Mimosa Leisure Estate (2)

Part two of my 2 part tip with more pictures of the Montevista Villas

The Montevista Villas is part of the huge Mimosa Resort and Casino complex. The villas are for the more upscale visitors who does not want to stay at the nearby Holiday Inn Clark Hotel and the guests here are mostly local tourists and long stay south korean and chinese (both taiwanese and mainland) tourists arriving at the nearby Clark International Airport who want some privacy and rounds of golf at the nearby Mimosa Golf Course. This Villas are more quiet than the nearby Fontana Leisure Resort but the Prices are roughly the same at between 6,000 to 8,000 pesos a night for the villas.

Villa Type Room Rate

Standard 2 Bedroom Villa 7,260
Superior 2 Bedroom Villa 8,580
Executive Suite 2 Bedroom Villa 8,250
Two Storey 3 Bedroom Villa 6,600

according to their website:

The Montevista Villas are located within the Mimosa resort amidst stately Mimosa rain trees & the former residential grounds & golf club of US Air Force officers. A part of the 250 hectares Mimosa Leisure Estate in Clarkfield, it is easily accessible, only 90 kms away from Manila along Northern Expressway. Mimosa is an oasis of scenic, private parkland. Over 5,000 mature trees of varied species complement perfectly the stunningly-created features of the redesigned new course whose ample trees, forgiving fairways, shimmering lakes, subtle bunkers and manicured greens are the hallmarks of Mimosa Golf & Country Club

COMMON VILLA FEATURES

Laundry Services

• Related to: Golf, Luxury Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written June 1, 2012
Tip Photo

reception area of the villas

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7907

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montevista Villas: Luxe Villas of Mimosa Leisure Estate (1)

this will be a two part tip with more pictures of the Montevista Villas

Villa Type Room Rate

a villa

• CarlaPumarada6 profile photo CarlaPumarada6
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yats Restaurant and Bar: Finally! Scrumptious Lobsters In Clark!

I loved everything about it! I love, love, love seafood and have been looking everywhere for lobsters. Finally, Yats Restaurant and Bar brought lobsters to Clark. They were delicious, to say the least! Another plus was that they had a multitude of wines to choose from...this just made my dinner even better!

Great news for not just seafood lovers, but also wine lovers..if you have a particular wine that you love you can BRING YOUR OWN WINE to Yats Restaurant and Bar! Isn't that terrific? What other upscale restaurant allows you to do that?! Unbelievable. Great food and Great Service!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining, Wine Tasting
  • Written July 3, 2010

• JonathanKeys profile photo JonathanKeys
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Clearwater Breakfast Garden & Cafe Clark Philippin: Best Breakfast Restaurant near Manila Philippines

We’ve found it! The best breakfast place north of Manila is not that far away, in a forgotten city called Clark Freeport which is now a bustling town of leisure and business.

It was a little bit by accident that I took my family to spend a day in Clark Freeport. Our original plan was to visit friends in Angeles City and let our children play with theirs for the day. Well, illnesses befell my friend’s family sending one child and one adult to rest and recover in bed. They are worried that it might be Dengue but we don’t think so or at least hope it isn’t the case.

So I decided to visit Clark instead since the last time I explored this bustling cosmopolitan city was back in 2004. Funny how people don’t really go on base even if it is really a stone’s throw from Angeles City.

Anyway, we arrived pretty early – around 8am because we wanted to beat the EDSA traffic getting out of Manila. We were all ready for a hearty breakfast to start the day. After arriving in Clark, we asked around for recommendation on where is the best place to have a really nice breakfast. We were directed to a restaurant called Clearwater Breakfast Garden & Café. Well, the name really answers our search perfectly doesn’t it, “Breakfast Garden” so it was a no brainer. Finding it was not as difficult as the directions we received sounded. We just stuck to the main highway called M A Roxas Highway, made no turns at all and continued straight on after the highway ends and is continued by “Creekside Road” which is a high-speed divided highway. Driving in Clark is pure pleasure, I tell you, especially for those who need to confront the Manila traffic 5 days a week. The turn off (to the right) was easy to miss so don’t succumb to the almost irresistible temptation to speed.

We almost turned away when we saw a guard station on the entrance but the guard was very friends and told us that the Breakfast Garden & café is actually part of the Clearwater Resort & Country Club. And yes, the restaurant is open to the public 7 days a week from 7am, and yes again, breakfast is served all day, and yes one more time, it is a place for family dining.

Even from where we parked the car, we caught the awesome view of the lake and beach of Clearwater Resort. How Clark Freeport kept this Clearwater Resort a secret totally bewildered us. We have visited resorts that are much more meager but ten times more well-publicized than this.

The Breakfast Garden & Café was a really simple and rustic restaurant. In fact, it is really just part of the check-in reception area of Clearwater. It didn’t take long for the “Country Club” feel to hit us when the Executive chef Julius Quimpo who recently returned from US/UK to join the owner, a Hong Kong-based company called Yats International. It is only in these private or semi-private establishments that you get to enjoy the sense of belonging. That’s what separates membership from pay-and-play.

The breakfast menu is really complete. It took me about 2 seconds to decide on Eggs Benedict. The rest of the table of 6 got the Filipino breakfast, an All American, an English Breakfast, a Croque Monsieur/Madame and a Have-it-your-way Omelet. I am not a food critic so all I can offer in this review is this. This is the best breakfast that we have had for a very long time, outclassing just about all the breakfast joints in Manila and Tagaytay. I don’t know if this has something to do with the nice view of the lake that made the 13-minute wait (yes, I timed it, it is an old habit formed when the phones started to have a timer feature) felt so short. The restaurant is actually made up of three adjacent areas, a small cozy indoor dining for those who can’t live without air conditioning or allergic to sunlight, a checker-tiled slightly raised area that is partly shaded by sun panels and trees and a lawn. Just over a low wall that delimits the alfresco dining areas are a few playhouses and slides. Boy, the kids loved it and they worked up quite an appetite.

None of us could find any faults in our breakfasts, not that we were really out to find some, but you know how it is when you dine in a restaurant for the first time, you can’t help but feel like a restaurant and food critic, right? Well, I surrender because my Eggs Benedicts, finally out of so many hits and misses, were as near perfect as I will ever find them. Eggs make or break a breakfast in my opinion. I can’t tell you how many times a breakfast was ruined because the cook simply didn’t pay attention to the eggs, taking a delicate task all too lightly. The eggs were done very well in this place. It showed me that the kitchen had some self-respect. To me, that’s something that is missing in a lot of restaurants these days. Too many cooks get away with as much as they can, as long as the guests don’t notice or don’t complain.

Anyway, time flew. Breakfast lasted a good two and a half hours but it felt more like 45 minutes. Kids didn’t want to leave but the rain came in to settle the dispute quickly. Talking about the rain, I know everyone hates how the rain ruins an otherwise memorable outing. But to me, embracing the elements is what living outdoors is all about. Before I left Clearwater to do some obligatory shopping before returning to Manila, I secretly made an appointment with myself to bring do things within 30 days: (1) buy rain coats and wellington boots for the whole family and (2) come back to Clark to spend not just a morning, not just to eat breakfast but to spend 2 nights and 3 days in this place expecting to enjoy the park in the rain, the sun and the wind.

Oh, I got the web site of the place in case you are game for any of the stuff I wrote. It is

Great view of the lake from the Breakfast Garden, excellent breakfast, best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, a good place for family dining especially those families like mine with young children needing space to run around.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Kayaking
  • Written June 27, 2010

Eggs Benedict at Clearwater Breakfast Garden & Caf

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

Savannah Hotel: Our 2nd Home in Clark

Whenever we go to Clark, we stay at Savannah Hotel. We had a very satisfying first stay at Savannah so we do not look for other hotels anymore. We usually stay at a standard room which is equipped with an efficient airconditioning unit, comfortable bed with clean satin sheets and Class 'A' fluffy pillows, well-stocked mini-bar & ref, in-room telephone with international and domestic calls, WiFi internet connection, lcd tv with 32 cable tv channels + 3 in-house video movies, study table and dressing cabinets with safe deposit box. I like their clean bathroom with hot & cold shower, custom-made duvets, hair dryer and thick, soft and absorbent towels.

Good location, nice hotel ambience, clean pool, fast room service, guarded parking space, and very friendly staff. As a regular guest, I can book a room by just calling or emailing them, and I'm not required to deposit 50% downpayment.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 1, 2010

Standard Room Bed

• limledi profile photo limledi
  • Reviews: 895

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ramada Hotel

Ramada Hotel is ok for the price we paid for. A double room with aircon & bath is P1000 nightly. There's TV & refrigerator. I find the room clean & spacious. Everything is ok like the bed, toilet & shower. It provides free pick up from Clark Airport. I find it very convenient coz it is a 10 minute walk to SM Clark as well as to jeepney stations. Fields Avenue, the main street with bars & nightclubs is also a few minutes walk away. There's another hotel nearby closer to Fields Ave. known as Tiger Hotel which I would like to try on my next visit to Clark.

It has a swimming pool.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Road Trip
  • Written January 31, 2010

Ramada Hotel

• JonathanKeys profile photo JonathanKeys
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yats Clearwater Resort & Country Club: Safest cleanest campsite campground in Philippines

Looking for a campsite in the Philippines to bring your family is a lot harder than one would think, unless safety and cleanliness do not appear on your list of requirements. They do on mine, so after looking into literally dozens of campsites, I am down to two, one of which requires 2 plane-rides, a bus ride and a boat ride. We went to Clark Philippines, just 90 minutes by car on very modern highway called North Expressway from Metro Manila. Clark is an ex-US-Airbase, one of the largest offshore I was told. It has since been converted into a special economic zone that houses a large international airport, a few divisions of the Philippines Air Force - hence the safety and security - and hundreds of foreign companies.

This resort is very understated not only in their promotional materials and web site (www.YatsLeisure.com), but even right up to the main gate one wouldn't have much of a clue of what a big beautiful resort it is. but beware, there is going to be a lot of walking. No cars allowed inside. You can rent a golf cart to drive around though. We chose to rent bikes.

Clearwater Country Club is a 13ha semi-private resort which has a 3ha lake, several small and large swim spots including a white-sand beach, all man-made but but very natural looking. there is 2ha area marked as "outdoor living" where people can pitch their own tents. The resort does not rent tents or camping equipment, so you have to bring your own. This is not exactly roughing it but the kids and the wife loved it. Waking up in the morning a stroll away from the lake and a morning dip in the pool or the lagoon before heading back for an English breakfast is more than what we bargained for.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Camping, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written September 19, 2009

Acacia trees everywhere in Clearwater Resort

Montevista: Thrilla in a Villa

Accommodation is a villa (a single detached house with hotel services). You'll love the staff as they look after your needs really well.

The villa is cozy and clean. However you can't cook here which is somehow a plus factor as well because I did not see any pest.

• Written April 28, 2007

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fontana Leisure Park: A home away from home

Not actually a hotel, Fontana has villas that a family can occupy. It has 2 rooms and 1 maids quarter, a living room, a dining room a kitchen where you can cook complete with all utensils, stove, oven, etc. It has a TV. The whole place is airconditioned. The accomodations was great for having our vacation since we went with 2 other families who stayed in other villas. It is very near mimosa and was accessible to groceries, restaurants, go kart stations, etc. But they should probably train their cleaning staff more as they lack the attention to detail that holiday inn is particular about.

The leisure park has a water park with giant slides, a wave pool, a lazy river. It also has a casino and a golf course.

• Related to: Theme Park Trips
  • Written January 30, 2006

Holiday Inn Clark: CDMA Hotel

Holiday inn is a 4 star hotel right at the entrance of Mimosa leisure park. Mimosa is in the CDMA in Clark. It has villas (houses for rent complete with kitchen, dining room, living room, bedrooms that are actually detached from the main hotel), standard, deluxe & superior rooms and suites. I suggest you get a package since you just add a few amount to avail of their daily buffet breakfast. The hotel has a swimming pool, fitness center, a children's activity center, business center, a shuttle service to get you to the other places in Mimosa. Holiday inn is a stone's throw away from the casino, a seafood restaurant, some grocery stores that sell both local and imported items. Well, mostly imported items that is. The surrounding area is clean and they have a golf course too.

All rooms with airconditioning, mini bar, ref, phone, and bathtub.

All of our family vacations spent there were memorable. The staff were very helpful and always serve you with a smile. They tend to pamper you in every way they can. Food is ok but there's room for improvement. there's ample time to play, relax and play and relax again. It has almost everything you'd want in a vacation but a seashore. Just bring along your favorite seashell and listen to the sound of the waves by the pool while you sip their buko juice... Ahhh... life is good.

Great View! friendly staff.

• Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel