Island Cove Resort & Leisure Park

Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Hotel w/the WORST Customer Service

I was there with my friend who's about to get married to take prenuptial videos. It was actually a gift that I would like to give them for their wedding.

We went to their Fishing Village restaurant to prepare there and take some shots. Of course we ordered some food from there. As a matter of fact, our bill summed up to more than a thousand pesos just for the food so that we could be considered as significant customers. We made it a point that we ordered every once in a while. We even rented their bike for an hour. The staff at the fishing village watched us in amusement as we shot each funny scene, they were in fact pretty accommodating.

After that we went to their hotel coffee shop to take shots there as well and the same as what we did at the Fishing Village, we ordered some food, pastries and coffee. I even planned to book my family vacation there because the staff seemed friendly and accommodating. I was as a matter of fact already preparing my card to pay for the booking. I can't believe my friend and I even discussed having their wedding reception there! It would've been a total disaster given the character of their staff.

They let us shoot there until our video was almost finished. Right at the very last part of our shoot (while shooting the last scenes) the bellboy approached us and asked us if we had a permit. That caught me by surprise... they never asked us for any permit when we started and besides it was a personal video that we're shooting. As a matter of fact, we just brought entry level dslr's. All of a sudden, everybody was stopping us from taking pictures or videos. The front desk officer, the bellboy... etc. It was very embarrassing because it was very much unexpected. They are a resort, why would they stop customers from taking personal videos?? And that isn't the worst part, after all the embarrassment, we all just decided to leave unable to finish our meals.

We weren't even able to wait for our service to arrive as we felt we had to leave before our expected time. Who would want to stay if you're already being embarrassed and demeaned by their staff?? Imagine having to walk out of that place!

WORST PART: On our way out, we decided to stop by the bridge and take a bit more shots. I can't believe that the staff at the hotel actually had this security guard named JOHN go after us to tell us not to take pictures at the bridge. My brother got frustrated and asked him since when did they stop allowing customers to take pictures within the resort and he said that EVERYONE who took pictures in the resort should have a permit! He was extremely rude! He was actually asking us to leave already! It was the most embarrassing day of my life! I've been to the some of the finest hotels in the country and been to many of the best resorts and this was the WORST and I mean THE WORST treatment that I have ever received so far.

The guard actually acted like he'd have no hesitation in hurting us physically. His leaned towards my brother as if to show that he's boss and this was just a SECURITY GUARD versus my brother who's already a businessman and myself that is an event management officer who could've given them tons of business! I have already been interviewed by event magazines regarding venues in manila and Cavite and right now, I think I know what I'll say about this resort.

Well, all I can say is that they have infuriated and embarrassed us enough to say that they are idiots! We'll spread the word about how they treat their guests and I will make sure that all of my current clients and future clients NEVER book an event here in Island Cove.

Unique Quality: Murky sea water
    Old facilities
    Tacky pool
    Useless Seciruty Personnel

Directions: Just by the dirtiest waters of Cavite and Manila

• ISLAND COVE SUCKS!! DO NOT VISIT!

OUR STAY SUCKS AND AWFUL.

DO NOT VISIT ISLAND COVE!!! ROOMS ARE OLD. AIRCONDITIONING SUCKS. RESTAURANT SUCKS IT WILL TAKE YOU 1 HOUR TO ORDER 1 CUP OF RICE.. VERY DISORGANIZED.

OWNER OF THE RESORT IS NOT A BUSINESSMAN BUT A POLITICIAN LOLZ

The positive reviews on different website ABOUT ISLAND COVE AND ON THEIR WEBSITE ARE ALL FAKE FAKE FAKE! CHECK IT OUT! YOU WILL NOTICE THAT IT IS FAKE!

Unique Quality: UNIQUE QUALITIES? THEY HAVE THE WORST SERVICE EVER HEHEHE

• Forget this place

I sit here 2300hrs at Island Cove in one of the two bedroom cabanas with the only thing that works reasonably well...the wifi!
    For the last 4hrs, my parents and sister (in from UK), myself and my 5yr old son have gone through the worst nightmare. I am very embarrassed. I have been living in the Philippines for the last 12yrs and merely wanted to show ‘them’ the hospitality and service normally expected in this country.
    1900hrs ordered room service. Food arrived 1945hrs. Rice served was ineadible (poor quality and hard, suggesting it had been left out for hours and then microwaved). Sent it back. 2015hrs rice arrived. Son was hungry and tired. Food quality very poor and over-priced. Other dishes ordered were simple and bland.
    Guests are prohibited to bring into the resort, any food or dink!
    After dinner it was time for showers. No hot water. Complained and we were given another room to use but only after I insisted. Two hot showers later, there was no more hot water. My father and I were not able to shower. My Son could only be wiped down with a face towel...he was already too tired.
    This hotel has an inadequate kitchen and engineering maintenance to accept return customers.
    Earlier on in the day and upon arrival 1600hrs, we were advised that the pool with slides was closed due to the storm...this we could understand. We were told that the hotel pool and jacuzzi was open however, our hopes of swimming were dampened once we saw the cleanliness of the water.
    We were also driven to Fishing Village. Took a walk around the floating restaurants interconnected bamboo paths. Parts of the path had missing bamboo slats and the vertical stilts holding up the walkway were broken and disconnected. The pathway is quite unsafe and rickety. A fall through the bamboo floating pathway would land you in filthy sea water.
    Lastly and quite important, the air-conditioning units are very old and noisy. Add to that, this place is directly under the international flight path. Also, large gaps at the bottom of the front door allows mosquitos to enter.
    To do this establishment a favour, I complained profusely calling reception numerous times; as a result, the phone was ringing back annoyingly from different persons trying to help but not knowing the situation - a further explanation was needed every time.
    Eventually, I demanded the Manager to come and speak to me in person. Instead, they sent the receptionist who I presume, was instructed to offer me a late check out for our inconvenience. Wonderful!!

Unique Quality: Proximity to Manila...but I suggest you keep driving!

More about Island Cove Resort & Leisure Park

Island Cove, Cavite City -April

by julia_r

"Welcome!"

Welcome to Island Cove! this is the cats walk going to the Reception Hall

"BallroomSide"

behing the bushes at the side of the Ballroom

"In the Ballroom"

where the balloons are hanging and floating like magic!

"Life Guard Gone!"

where is the life guard?!!!
cant help but cool our selves....

"Play Chess!"

ei, there is also this giant chess board...see it behind us...wanna play chess?

"Happy Faces"

See those Happy Faces!...just shows that they did enjoy!

"Goin for more"

geee....gotta go and get for more!
FYI, these yellow green shrubs are called DURANTA...nice color and seeing it keeps me goin!
till then...