City of Manila Hotels

Our Members Say

Our Melting Pot: Best Hostel in Manila

Our Melting Pot is the number 1 hostel in the Philippines, thanks to their knowledgeable and accommodating staff. The hostel is generally good with clean and very friendly atmosphere. The hostel is located adjacent to A.Venue Mall and is quite easy to find. Free simple breakfast and WiFi throughout the building.

They even organize field trips for their guests to participate in to explore sites in the city or outside the Metro area. The only downside is that, it’s located at the 4th floor of the building, the elevator is not functioning and I don’t believe it will be fixed anytime soon.

Guijo Suites: Budget friendly hotel

If you’re more of a budget traveller, here’s a place to check out. Located in the back streets of Makati. A little difficult to find at first but you’ll get a hang of it after you find it. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. You can take short taxi rides to the malls and only a few walks away from fast food joints. It has no free wifi and breakfast.Very nice, clean and cosy place in the quiet neighbourhood.

Marriot Hotel Manila: Marriot Hotel

This 5 star hotel is one of the best there is in Manila. This hotel is located very near Manila Airport (ideal for beating the nightmare traffic) and is part of the Resorts World casino complex which also has two other hotels nearby. The Marriott is directly connected into the Resorts World if you want to gamble or shop.

The staff is exceptionally attentive and provides superior service. The breakfast buffet is amazing with wide range of choices. Expensive but guaranteed you get what you pay for.

Makati Shangri-La: Shangri-La

If you want to experience luxury on your vacation then this is the hotel for you. The rooms are the nicest and swankiest in Manila, some has the view of the Makati skyline. The breakfast buffet is one of the largest and most extensive in the country.

They provide everything you expect from a 5-star hotel. Very nice spa and gym. Located in the heart of Makati, also near the shopping malls and good restaurants. No doubt; this hotel gives value for money.

It's the customer service that really sets the Shangri-La apart from other hotels in the area. Every hotel employee seemed to bend over backwards to ensure that our stay was as enjoyable as possible.

• BarryBraund profile photo BarryBraund
  • Reviews: 35

Tune Hotel, Ermita (Malate) Manila: The Tune hit the right note

The Tune hotel has bright, modern, clean and comfortable rooms. Almost clinically white with a good functional bathroom. We were on the 4th floor and I have seen comments about it being noisy, nearer to the ground floor bar, but we never heard a sound. The room was cleaned daily, the only quirk being that towels were taken away but you have to collect clean ones from reception, which is ok, as long as someone tells you that's how it works.

It's a bit like staying in a Travelodge in the UK but with smaller rooms. Don't bring the cat, you would never be able to swing it! The size and lack of hanging/wardrobe space are my only complaints.

There is no food or bar in the hotel as such, but a rather un-Irish Irish bar is attached to the front of the hotel, and the food and drinks there were good.

Rooms have Sat-TV, Air Con and a safe. For a budget hotel (I think 1500 Pesos?), the facilities were pretty good. The location is good for the 'lively' side of Manila for bars and restaurants.

One thing to watch if you are going there by taxi, there are 2 Tune Hotels in Manila, this one in Malate, the other in Makati. Yes, you guessed it, we were taken on a tour of Manila to the wrong hotel.

Good value, good location and clean. One small but very sensible feature is that all the plug/sockets are universal, so you can charge your phones etc with a UK 3 pin plug or a Philippine adaptor.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 8, 2013
Tip Photo

• simplytaj profile photo simplytaj
  • Reviews: 30

Makati Pensione: Budget Rooms

I was stuck in Makati till the wee hours and decided to look for a place to stay and found an old bldg Makati Pensione, The rooms are very basic, clean and simple. I took the suite for 1,500 pesos only, a big room with dining table and sofa with aircon , hot water, tv and refrigerator. I decided to stay for 2nights to finish all my early morning errands around Makati and meet my friends who joined me in the room for a bottle of wine. It was the least expensive rate around the area which is walking distance to malls, banks, hotels, museums etc. If you want to cut cost, better go to and check this out.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 28, 2013

• tintingurl profile photo tintingurl
  • Reviews: 1

Chateau Sta. Isabel: Cozy and affordable

Chateua Sta Isabel is located in Sta Isabel College. It is used for the HRM students for their internship programs and training. They are accepting guests to stay. Breakfast is included on their accommodation. Free wi-fi and hot and cold water is available on their dining area.

Badminton courts is available.

• Written February 15, 2012

• theguardianangel profile photo theguardianangel
  • Reviews: 316

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

shangrila hotel: shangrila hotel manila

Shangrila hotel is one of the 5 star hotel to have a PERFECT place to stay and relax.
It is near to all the places you wanted to be.
you can just walk from the hotel to take a ride to the MRT... but personally I would only recommend it if you're running out of time to go to a certain place; because the MRT is really very much crowded especially during rush hours 7am-10am and 4-8pm. People usually take MRT since it's cheaper and is the fastest access to their work places but they need to endure the crowded train for that.

also, just a few walks you can arrive at the shopping malls- SM Megamall, Shangrila Mall and Star Mall. If you're a party goer, you may go to the Metrowalk, it's just a few meters away from the hotel, but you need to take a cab. Lots of bars, restaurants and coffee shops you can find by just walking around the place.

the staff are very obedient and friendly. the rooms and facilities are always clean.
You may also want to try a "eat all you can" type of restaurant. in the ground floor of the hotel, you can find HEAT. You may have a non-stop breakfast-lunch-dinner but separate payments apply in each. The foods are arranged in a buffet style by country, foods include a variety of Japanese, Italian, Indian, Filipino, Thai, Chinese and many more are must try! The price, I think is about 35 US dollars... I can't remember how much exactly it is.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 22, 2011

• Iluv2surf2 profile photo Iluv2surf2
  • Reviews: 57

Cherry Blossoms Hotel

We stayed 4 days & nights at the Cherry Blossoms Hotel in metro Manila. It was reasonably close to the airport, definately affordable and close to shopping and dining. The rooms were modest yet reasonably well maintained, clean and quiet.

Like virtually every place I go in the Philippines like hotels or shopping the people are friendly and helpful. This place was no different.

The price was right. I view most hotels, even; actually by American standards, as a place to crash and sleep. As long as it's clean and safe I'm generally OK with it. This place is NOT fancy, but has an Old World elegance and meets my expectations. If you want a fancy high status place then choose someplace else and waste your money.

My only complaint was our room was to small for four people, but that was our fault.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 13, 2011

Cherry Blossoms Hotel

• joiwatani profile photo joiwatani
  • Reviews: 1818

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Park Bread and Breakfast (PBB): It is cut clean, cheap, and safe!

I found out of this Bread and Breakfast from a cab driver. I was going home from my one-week trip in the Bicol Region and I took the bus "Partas". While waiting for my bus, I spoke with the security guard and asked him where is the nearest hotel I can check-in. I told him my specifications:

1. It should be close to the international airport because I don't like to be caught in traffic when I will catch my plane back to the United States;

2. It has to be affordable. I just needed a place to sleep for the night, take a shower or freshen up; I don't need a flashy hotel as I am leaving for the United States already (I rather buy something else with my money rather than paying a hefty amount in a hotel in Manila. Of course, it will be different if I am in a beach town- then I will pay a hotel with a view of the ocean!).

3. It has be secured and safe.

Luckily, the guard called the cab driver who was waiting for his customer. His name is Ronald, an Ilocano guy who is about 35-40 years old. He is bald and very jolly-looking guy. He told me that he knows a Bread and Breakfast and it has all my specifications. On top of that, he told me that it has an All-you-can-eat breakfast! He gave me his cell phone number and I told him I will call him once I am back in Manila!

The PBB is not a flashy one but I was contented with the service. The hotel desks people asked me if I wanted to check the rooms first and then sign the contract and pay. I checked on two rooms with different prices : the bigger room which is good for a couple costs P2,500 per day ($50.00) and that includes breakfast; the bug's room costs P1,400 per day ($28.00) which includes breakfast, too.

I chose the bug's room to save money. It was like most of the Japanese hotels that I found in Japan. Enough for me to rest for a day. It was clean, safe and affordable. It has a television, air-condition and the bathroom is clean with running hot and cold water!

The PBB is owned and operated by Legend Hotels International Corporation.

What I like about the PBB is that it is pretty close to the international airport. I didn't have to pay that much to the cab driver. Also, I felt safe because the PBB is enclosed and has security guards. Also, there are parking spaces for your own vehicles!

The breakfast that they offer is pretty good. It's a buffet, all-you-can-eat breakfast. They have the Filipino fried bangus (fish); adobong manok (chicken); scrambled eggs; sausages; ham; toasted bread with butter and jam; choices of juices; and freshly brewed coffee.

Being kind to the driver, who was waiting for me to check out the next day, I treated him for breakfast!!! I paid P200 ($4.00).

• Related to: Road Trip, Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written September 12, 2010

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 428

Century Park Hotel: Century's Tale

We stayed here when attended a seminar on Health Research.It Actually consists of two buildings, namely, the Century Tower and the Park Tower.The Century Tower is the 19-storey structure that comprises most of the hotel rooms while the Park Tower is the 4-storey all-suite component of the hotel equipped with kitchenette. They have a total of 500 rooms.
It is a good venue for convention and seminars too the food is great the hotel staff are courteous and helpful.
The hotel is near to PICC, CCP and Malate nightlife area and it is only about 7 kms away from the Airport.

• Written August 25, 2010

view outside

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 428

The Ambassador Hotel: Cheap Hotel for Budget traveller

It is one of the cheapest Hotel. Located in Malate district. If you are not looking for a 5 star hotel and just want to spend a night before going somewhere in the countryside this is the place for you.

It is located along Mabini Street, walking distance from Adriatic Circle, baywalk at the Roxas Boulevard and malate chruch. The location is very accessible to public transportation and also close to restaurants and night spots.

You can have a view of Manila Bay. Their staff are hospitable and helpful. They have Coffee house, Restaurants, Lounges ,Swimming pool, Discotheque, Convention facilities, Tour desk
and Souvenir shops. Don't expect too much everything is standard but it is okay for me. I am not a king anyway. A free buffet breakfast is also included.

Don't be surprised if the elevator always stops at the 2nd floor. I think there's a KTV bar there.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 25, 2010

• mfrazier profile photo mfrazier
  • Reviews: 1

Oasis Park Hotel: VERY AFFORDABLE HOTEL

My stay in Oasis Park Hotel is pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful . My room is really okay and was more than what I expected. They have a pool and a jacuzzi, free wifi, and a sports bar and restaurant on the hotel! I basically have all that I need!

They have a an airport pick up , and the location is really great since it is near malls, restaurants, and other must see places that i found on the net, so it was really convenient to stay there , and the best thing about my stay is that it that it is not heavy on my pocket! very affordable. I really recommend it to budget travelers like me!

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written October 15, 2009

hotel room

• sweetie_inc profile photo sweetie_inc
  • Reviews: 152

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Heritage Hotel: Old but Ok...

Stayed for a week for business purpose.

Room was clean and well maintained.

Didnt get the chance to use any of the facilities in the hotel at all.

Breakfast buffet has good spread and Service is excellent, the staff very polite. They have "halal" menu but I doubt it's 100% halal cos they do served pork here as well..

Hotel is quite near to the biggest shopping mall - Mall of Asia & hotel provide free shuttle service to the mall.

There's once when i came back, my door was double-locked. And was told by the duty manager that I forgotten to lock the safe box.. Lucky for me, nothing was lost.

Laundry service is normal.. Nothing was torn or lost.. My clothes were nicely pressed...

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written January 8, 2009

• utchie profile photo utchie
  • Reviews: 31

G Hotel Manila by Waterfront: SURELY A PLEASURE

We never got the bucket of ice we requested but that’s about it. Everything else were delivered on time and as requested.

No questions - STAFFS are very ACCOMMODATING AND FRIENDLY. They made us feel very welcome and just as important as the other foreign guests staying at the Suites and Executive rooms (we stayed at Deluxe, cheapest available =P ). As said, every call (except for the ice bucket) was answered and needs were met. In fact, expectations were exceeded. They do not complicate matters. A request to transfer rooms was as easy as 1-2-3. No further questions asked or show of inconvenience on their part. Reservations and check in were all smooth and easy.

The hotel is clean and the interior is very good, homey and comfy. Because it is at bayside, it was very relaxing and refreshing to be in the heart of Manila and yet so close to nature. They have complete complimentary toiletries and other basic needs.

Food is great. The pasta and mashed potato are most delicious. So is their apple juice. I liked the brewed coffee, just right for my taste. Breakfast buffet is Php550.

Value for money – Okay. Comparing to other good hotels in Malate Manila, G Hotel is actually less expensive. But it is way more expensive than other hotels which I assume is not as good in terms of interiors and amenities but just as clean and comfy. Lets put it this way: if you are looking for a place to spend the night, go to the less expensive hotels, but if you want relaxation and to have fun, G Hotel is a good place for that. They actually have packages from time to time so it is wise to book by phone rather than via their website so the staffs can offer you the packages.

To sum it up, G Hotel has nice view, good interiors, clean and comfy room, complete supplies and good value for money. But it’s still the staff’s sweet smiles and simple initiatives which carried them a long way apart from other hotels.

I and two of my best friends gives G Hotel SIX THUMBS UP. =)

For more pictures and details of our stay in this hotel, visit my travelogue on G HOTEL

-They have a small swimming pool at the roof deck.
-Our room (and I think all rooms) has a nice view of the Manila Bay.
-They have complete complimentary toiletries and other basic needs.
-Very accessible.
-Near Robinsons Place Mall and SM Mall of Asia.
-Restaurants and bars and Spa Centers are also walking distance.
-Function room with 180degrees view of Manila Bay.

• Written December 7, 2008