Eurotel Makati Hotel

menumenu

crown regency

by benbee

hi,

looking for suggestions where to stay in makati for four nights.

the group includes of four over 60 years old, 2 children, a total of 7-9.
Not looking for expensive hotel nothing like shangri-la but just something decent (maybe about $80) because of elders and children. The area around hotel preferably is decent too. We never been in makati before; it's been years since we've been back in the Philippines, so it will be really new to us. WE'd like to check the malls (for example greenbelt and glorietta), so walking distance for the elders. We are also planning to go oceanpark (aquarium) which is not in makati, just want to stay in one accommodation. We dont have a vehicle but planning to rent when we get there. Just looking for tips.

What do you think of crown regency? what's around it? I read it just open this year? If we find a hotel that we would like to stay, we were planning to call and make a reservation

Thank you!

by bulldogtwo

One of the problems with accomodations in PI is it's either really cheap and cheap or really expensive. One of the better places I found for the money is the Somerset Olympia. Maybe a bit more than you were looking pay for but security is good, good locations, lots of restuarants near by, about 2 blocks or less from the mall, good staff, rooms are clean and decent size and you get breakfast with the room and price. I've gone both ways in Makati before, really cheap (dirty, bad neighborhood and noisy) and really expensive (not worth the price). The Somerset seemed to be OK for the money and accommodations. Actually I was surprised at how good the stay was there. I think you'd be happy there. Oh and you are only about 2 blocks away from the MRT also should you need transpo.
Should you end up there I would like to hear back to see how you liked it.
Have fun! and good luck

by kenstan

I have to agree the Sumerset Olympia is nice and you can get a 2 bedroom. It will be about 150.00 a night but its not a bad place.If you really want a nice place The Oakwood is also a serviced apartment with 2 bedroom but about 200.00 a night.At the Crown Regency with 7 to 9 people you would have to get 2 rooms maybe 3 and that would cost more than 1 room at either the Oakwood or Sumerset Olympia. The Oakwood is at Glorietta 4 starting on the 5th floor has a nice pool and well worth the extra money.Sumerset is across the street and not near as nice.Check asiarooms.com for good rates at both.

by cuvezx

Thanks! We'll look more into it

by cuvezx

Thanks! We'll check more into it.

Travel Tips for Makati

Singing is a National Past time

by yellowbell

Aside from Filipinos' love for basketball, we also love to sing. That was why, on my despedida de soltera, my friends and I sung to our hearts' content in a family-atmosphere karaoke bar along Jupiter St.

Check out local fiestas or attend someone's birthday and you'd see people whipping out their own microphones or maybe their favorite CDs in preparation for a concert (I'm exaggerating)!

Our love for music has spilled even in public transportation like jeepneys, buses and taxis. You might as well leave your IPOD at home and soak in the noise, I mean the music. On long-distance buses, you can even sing like you're in a karaoke bar.

Museo ng Makati

by stamporama

Well, it's not the Louvre but the city has its own museum. It's an old 3-story building that served as the city hall from 1918 to 1961. The exhibits are mostly photographs and paintings of Makati in the American colonial era and the post-war development to become the financial center of the nation. The only artifacts include a few ancient jars. All the displays are in the ground floor; there's nothing to see in the second and third floors. Needless to say, a visit here is not a must-do but for those interested to see old photos.

The museum is located along JP Rizal St. (about 60 meters from the Makati Ave. intersection), Barangay Poblacion, Makati City.

LETS PLAY

by julia_r about Time Zone

while some people would rather not go shopping....they could go and visit the arcade! This is the TimeZone (game place from Aussie built here) at Glorieta IV

this is a cool for kids as well as for the kids at heart because of the wide variety of game machines you can play....and they continously updating! it depends on how many games you like...the least cost of game card is P50 for 3 to 5 games...depending on the kind of machine you'll play with

If you want to just dance and let loose all night

by KookieDough about Absinth

Went here with my work colleagues after an office party and we had a great time! If you are in the mood to dance and have fun, this is the place to be. They've got good current dancing music here.

Crowd is mostly of the younger set - the usual crowd you see in discos. Of course, expect the crowded room and loud music ambience.

However, we just found the seating areas not that well-maintained. When we arrived, the attendant showed us to an area that still had spills of some beverage on the floor and on the table. We are not meticulous about cleanliness in bars and we know that you are to spend most of the time dancing, anyway, but considering all that, the place still needs a bit of improvement on this area.

In general, though, I would still recommend this to those who would want to get down and boogie to the wee hours of the morning.

THE WORST RESTAURANT " NUVO"

by raquelhumber about nuvo in greenbelt

I just wanna say about my experience to this restaurant was NOT GOOD; I'm a daughter of a Colonel in Armed forces of the Philippines and my mom was a former doctor. got a nurse brother in U.K, Australia, and U.S....A businesswoman Filipina married to British guy and got one daughter..we got a got together at that time and since our place was just in San Lorenzo Village, i suggest to just got a lunch in NUVO RESTAURANT which i know a great restaurant, relaxing and we all could enjoy. "but was not the way we experience". the moment we sat and their waitress come for menu giving to my husband like "SHE NEVER SAW US ALL THERE!!!" and if dint really ask for several times for menu for us she would not gave us..WE CANT EVEN TALK CONCENTRATEDLY cause when they giving a menu their hand's and arm's are on the middle of the table, " our face's, and several time's "passes hitting their shoe's to our chair. Meaning UNTRAINED..LOOKING TO PERSONAL APPIERANCE AND DON'T GOT ANY RESPECT TO PEOPLE TALKING! WHICH IS A COSTUMER "BRINGING MONEY TO THEM." as i got back from comfort room which i read to a known great magazine " COSTUMER'S GET LOCK TO THEIR CR." and frightens me. I saw at the door side my mom talking to their " UNHELPFUL GIRL MANAGER"...i ask my mom why? I discover that the "BAD THING'S WE EXPERIENCE A WHILE AGO, THAT WE IGNORE GOT MORE WORST!!!" THEIR WAITER AND WAITRESS that "DOESN'T GOT ANY TRAINING" pointed me at my back talking and "looking at me from head to foot and laugh quietly as i stand and go to CR. As i and people ignore what "UNCOMFORTABLE TO DINE INTO NUVO RESTAURANT" that we felt since we first enter the door..and THE WAY THEY TALK TO CUSTOMER "SPECIALLY THE MANAGER". i cant stop to speak up at that time.as i talk professionally to the manager and asking her "untrained and no respect waiter and waitress..the waiter answer me "EWAN KO!" front of his manager"walk out and dumb the door! meaning "THERE WASN'T ANY RESPECT EVEN IN HIS MANAGER" as i talk to the MANAGER WHO DOENS'T EVEN ASK FOR ANY APOLOGY FOR WHAT A GREAT BAD EXPERIENCE WE HAD TO THEIR RESTO. IGNORE!!! EVEN ME TALKING TO HER AND ASKING ABOUT THE ATTITUDE OF HER WORKER'S..as my husband said his opinion to them. It's "SHAMEFUL THING TO A LOT OF FILIPINO HOW THEY TREAT THEIR SAME SKIN"
I've been to different country for many year's and we are the only one who doesn't got any respect to each other...as i even walk with my husband i observe to Filipino people how they think and look to other Pilipina with foreigner was very LOW MANKIND..
sometimes i felt pity of those kind of people "HOW THEY STOCK THEIR HEAD CRITICIZING OTHER'S INSTEAD OF HELPING THEIR SELVES TO GROW AND GET OUT FROM WERE THEY JUST;
TO NUVO RESTAURANT THEY NEED TO TRAINED AND TEACH THEIR WORKER'S THE RIGHT ATTITUDE TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMER AND NOT LET A TYPE OF NO RESPECT MANAGER TO HANDLE THEIR NAME'S. "AS THEIR BUSINESS LIVE ONLY FROM THE CUSTOMER'S!"
I would say that "THEY SHOULD ALL RESPECT AND TREAT PILIPINO SAME AS HOW THEY WERE TO FOREIGNER.." AS WE ARE SAME FILIPINO."
MESSAGE FOR THOSE WHO READ MY STORY...I LEARNED NOT TO DINE TO THIS KIND OF RESTAURANT.THEY DON'T GOT ANY RESPECT EVEN TO THEIR MANAGER""WHAT MORE TO YOUR FOOD""????

Comments