9555 Kalayaan Avenue, Makati, 1212, Philippines
Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Makati

petto di pollo alla aglio rosmarinopetto di pollo alla aglio rosmarino

Zen Garden @ Little TokyoZen Garden @ Little Tokyo

Stir Fried MusselsStir Fried Mussels

street kidsstreet kids

THE BLDG. BSA

by COMEONDOWN

We are looking into reserving for a week at this bldg. called BSA - located right in front of Greenbelt 5. The company who handles BSA is called Quantum. Would anyone know how their service is and how the apts efficiency is compared to other rental apartments for tourists? Any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated and if you have any other bldg. suggestions kindly let us know. Thank you.

by StefanosS

No personal experience, but only this:

by kenstan

The BSA or theres a BSA Mansion I stayed there once and its not that great.If you are getting a good cheap rate like 2000 or so a night I would say stay there but if its much more than that its not worth it.Quantum I never heard of but any hotel web site can book the BSA.I think I got it through asiarooms

by COMEONDOWN

It is not BSA MANSION, I think it's called BSA Towers , they say it's right infront of the Greenbelt 5. Per day they are charging U.S.$75.00 per night. Just wondering if there are possibly a bit more economical but desent aptartment style yet centrally located in Makati, as most of the meetings we are attending would be located in Ayala, Makat and we notice that Ayala Avenue could possibly be a walking distance.
Many thanks to all.

by kenstan

I would guess 75.00 a night is about the cheapest you will get for a apartment in Makati and location. I think there are 3 or 4 BSA's towers mansion and just BSA and there all serviced apartments.I think I stayed in the BSA but the others are farther from the malls so they would be a little cheaper.The one I stayed at was about 3 blocks from the malls.

by mel-lou

I stayed there with my husband and one small child but wouldn't recommend it. It was quite dirty, customer services not that great. But, the location and price was very good. Next time though I will stay somewhere else, especially with children.

Travel Tips for Makati

Get Online

by DJ_Rolo

On P. Burgos street, next to 7/11 across the street from Makati Palace hotel there is an internet cafe. This is where i normally go to check my email. Its pretty cheap, i think its like 40Php an hour. They have an ample amount of computers there. You can also use your own laptop. If i have to do more than just check email, i like to go over to Coffee bean at Powerplant mall with my laptop. Here you can buy a card and log onto their wireless network. For some reason i just feel a little safer bringing my laptop to this part of the city.

Salcedo Village Weekend Community Market

by yellowbell

It's a community weekend market that opens at 7:30 am until around 2 p.m. Fish/chicken are being grilled, baked mussels are topped with cheese, pasta are cooked/heated before your eyes. There are tables for people who chose to dine in. Even exotic plants and organic vegetables are being sold in different booths. As this area is surrounded by condotels and condominiums, you'd hobnob with rich locals, expats living in the community and not to mention call center employees who just came from their graveyard shift.

It's 2 blocks behind the Citibank Bldg along Paseo de Roxas Ave.

Philipine Version of Macy's

by machomikemd about SM Shoemart

SM Supermalls is the largest chain of shopping malls in the Philippines, and is the acknowledged trendsetter and innovator in the shopping center, leisure and entertainment scene in the country. Currently, SM Supermalls, has 29 malls located in strategic locations all over the country. This is the Philippine Version of Macy's and it caters to the middle (upper B, C, D Markets). The SM Shoemart Brand started by the Filipino Taipan Henry Sy in the 1960's in Escolta in Quiapo District in Manila (i've been to it's origina store there in my childhood since I was from nearby tondo area before we relocated to Paranaque).

It has Been Remodeled and is now Bigger than before and has a Prestige Lounge for Frequent Shoppers to relax and unwind. it has practically enerything you can think of like appliances, clothes, food court, shoes, furniture, electronics and a lot more! depends on what you want to buy and your budget

Old School Hip Hop at its best

by DJ_Rolo about Absinth

If you are into great hip hop music then you definitely gotta check out Absinth on Wednesday nights. Im talkin Common, Tribe called quest, Nas, Digable, Roots, Hieroglyphics, Mos Def, Talib, Gang Starr, The list goes on... The Dj was spinning all the hits..

The place wasnt too crowded, but it was a nice place to chill and lounge on the patio with a few drinks. I would definetely recommend going here having a few drinks, listening to some good music then heading over to The Embassy (club - check other nightlife tip) at Fort Bonifacio. Its free to get into, the drink prices are comparable to other places in greenbelt. No Dress Code

Traditional Filipina Fare

by OnTheRoadGoombah about Ebun

After walking around Glorietta and Greenbelt for three hours surveying the 100's of restaurants to choose from, I had whittled my selection down to two. The first was a buffet where I figured I could try numerous dishes (but probably not the best quality) or Ebun, a restaurant that specializes in traditional Filipina cuisine. I opted for Ebun and am very happy I did.

Since the only traditional Filipina cuisine I had was lumpia twenty years ago, I am really not an expert on what is and isn't considered traditional. All I know is that my dish was delicious. I had no idea what I was ordering, so I played it safe and ordered something called Asadong de Saint Rita. So I prayed to Saint Rita, the patron saint of impossible cases, and she answered my prayers.

The chicken and pork was cooked in a sweet chili paste, almost Adobe-like, and I paired it with a side of fried rice with garlic. The food was delicious (once you trimmed the fat from the pork), cheap, and the service was excellent.

With all the choices in Greenbelt and Glorietta, I would expect that poor restaurants fall by the wayside soon enough, so I say give Ebun a try... The garlic rice was delicious.

Comments